God may hate you!

Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
User is offlineOffline
God may hate you!

Hello,

Many wimpy Christians today tell people that God loves everybody. God is a flower child and puts tulips in guns. If you don't like God, He sits outside your door like a pussy cat, scrathing your door until you let Him in. Jesus has long hair like Fabio and may be a homosexural in San Francisco.

This is NOT the Biblical Jesus. If Jesus was wanting to come in your door, He'd kick it down.

God does not love everybody. He hated Esau (Romans 9:13). John 3:16 is not about the whole planet world, but only His elect in the world.

So you filthy no good immoral atheists are actually possibly hated by God. You think you hate Him? His hate is a righteous hate. And He will throw you in flames forever. You will be tortured soon enough.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

God Loves Me, but He may Hate You!

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hi

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi Droby

Now just as I concurred, you have once again taken me out of context. The fact that there aer things in the Bible that are not true, does not mean the Bible is errant.

The bible wrote down history. The truth of this history is inspired. But the specific incidents are not always true.

And thus there are recordings in the Bible of people lying.

Like Job's 3 friends, were wrong.

I even gave a disclaimer about the foam and the mouth.

However, via the accuracy of it's portrayer, the Word of God is 100% inerrant.

Practice taking people in context.

Regarding the Ph.D, this means that you have mastered the subject via its method. Your understanding of this Bob is not regarding your BA, but your BS.

And you cuss? I had no idea an atheist would cuss. I thought atheists were so kind and moral. (LOL).

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

The Bible is 100% inerrant in its portrayal of God?

And you still don't understand why we see him as a murdering sociopath?

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks for clarifying that

Thanks for clarifying that statement about some things in the bible "not being true", I only saw you quoted inside someone else's post, and could not find the original context in a quick scan back thru the thread. Which is why I expressed it as a query.

Even if the bible was the "Word of God", we could not possibly know that with certainty via our finite and fallible minds. The FACT that it is manifestly inconsistent and contradictory, and contains much that is not in accord with reality, by any measure, such the whole of Genesis, makes it infinitely more plausible that is entirely the Word of Man. If there is any God inspiration in there, it is hopelessly contaminated and diluted by the words of mere mortals.

Such a work would logically require some external and separate demonstration of any account that might actually happen to be 'true', so by itself it cannot be the basis of anything but speculation, except to a Master of Bullshit such as yourself.

As I said about "Ph.D", it does not refer to the refer to the discipline of Philosophy, of course, but has become a conventional label for the top level of mastery and qualification in a course of academic study. "Via its method"?? Naah, that is not a coherent comment - you were on track up to that point.

I have a BE (Bachelor of Engineering), not a BA. I tried for a M.E.Sc, as the next level of qualification (Master of Engineering Science ) but missed out, partly due to trying to do it part-time while having started work, and then having the finals sprung on me at short notice, after being initially told they wouldn't be for six months.

We already understood that you are a master of BS. Or perhaps a Master of Poe.

If you would like me to openly express my actual feelings about the arrogant and ignorant character you pose here, I might have to ban myself...

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

drobinson9
User is offlineOffline
Carry on, 'Jean'....

...there must be lots more that you don't agree with. You twisted it by referring to 'lying'. Now, you know I didn't mean that, 'Jean'. What else is the bible don't you accept or believe?

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
This is a valid inquiry so is it still going on today ?

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3) wrote:
He said, "Now it is up to you to show me who invented God. What it a girl/boy/community/monkey/or your uncle?"

How do you feel about the whole history of the Titles used for the God of the Hebrew Bible ?   If you read comparative religion texts and mythic texts. Two things are very common in terms of analysis. Translated texts containing the entire stories in the Mythological works (considered  sacred writ). And  usually a cursory introduction of half a dozen or so titles of the Deity (Deities), in the Myths,. The problem with exploring the Hebrew Bible is if it isnt done in a REVERENTIAL shush, it is nothing but  an irreverent jerk 's anti-theist bias being shown.  If it were happening it could make for something to watch for. However, you might want to examine the source documents.  As for God. Purely as  an example  of  the name ELYon   some translate as my Lord אל = El (God) עליון = Elyon (Supreme ). Often only rendered as "LORD"  & not rendered correctly in the English version  either intentionally or unintentionally.  If you want to explore legitimately you'd find a need for this even at a cursory level,. I think you have to be open to  examining what is said about God in these terms (honestly).  If anyone wanted to discover what is said in the Hebrew texts. Answers? To get to the bottom of this, it could be fine to do that ?  Even  "if"  it is  the holyBible

This is a valid inquiry so is it still going on today ?

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
I hate the tooth fairy too,

I hate the tooth fairy too, that bastard ripped me off once.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Might be missing the significance of 'this' completely :

robj101 wrote:

You might be missing the significance of this completely.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
danatemporary wrote:robj101

danatemporary wrote:

robj101 wrote:

You might be missing the significance of this completely.

How so? I'm responding to his original idea that we hate god. God exists just as the tooth fairy does so ..yea.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin

beardedinlair
atheist
beardedinlair's picture
User is offlineOffline
I am a member of the Savant

I am a member of the Savant forum as well. (I'm not a genius, I just like to slum.) There is an individual there with the simple forum name "John". I think it is the same person as our Jean here, he debates the same way and about the same things.

Is that you John? John used MrMistic's formula there and said it was his own. (Not to make false witness, just a coincidence, I'm sure.)

Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi Bob

Hi Bob,

God's Word is also axiomatical. The deductive implication tells us that God does not lie (Titus 1:2). Thus we know.

The guy wanting errors, I've given you two examples. Another one, hmm? well, when Saul called fourth a demon, that was wrong. umm? when some said John The Baptist was Elijah, that wasn't true.

Look, I'm over on a Chrisitan forum, and the Chrisitans can't stand me. You guys are great. I get along with scum like you more then wimpy Christians in this generation. The Chrisitans over there can't stand me even more then you guys.

You'll all invited for supper. I made homemade smoky/spicy chipotle mac and cheese. And a German Apple Pancake.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi Bob,

God's Word is also axiomatical. The deductive implication tells us that God does not lie (Titus 1:2). Thus we know.

The guy wanting errors, I've given you two examples. Another one, hmm? well, when Saul called fourth a demon, that was wrong. umm? when some said John The Baptist was Elijah, that wasn't true.

Look, I'm over on a Chrisitan forum, and the Chrisitans can't stand me. You guys are great. I get along with scum like you more then wimpy Christians in this generation. The Chrisitans over there can't stand me even more then you guys.

You'll all invited for supper. I made homemade smoky/spicy chipotle mac and cheese. And a German Apple Pancake.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Naked assertion.

If god is "all powerful" and I assume a even a dickhead like you isn't that dense to try to doge that attribute then part of "all" is lying. Once you limit god's powers he is not "all powerful". If he is not capable of lying then he is not all powerful.

Since you are not God yourself you cannot say what he will do. If he is capable of unlimited power then he is capable of lying.

"He wouldn't do that" is what you claim, not what you know. What you also claim is that he is capable of anything he wants to do. Which has to include lying otherwise he is not "all powerful".

How does it feel to be property Fido?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
redneF wrote:Jean Chauvin

redneF wrote:

Jean Chauvin wrote:

You question is weak.

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Look, I'm

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Chrisitans?

Chrisitans?

Jean Jean, did you forget that you can't drink alcohol with your medication?...

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
redneF wrote:Jean Chauvin

redneF wrote:

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Chrisitans?

Chrisitans?

Jean Jean, did you forget that you can't drink alcohol with your medication?...

How fucking self centered is he? "You don't like me, they don't like me, hell, I don't like me, see I am being fair"

Jean lives in a gas station garage with two greasy cum stained posters. One is of Jebus, the other is a poster of himself.

I hope he uses the condom dispenser because he certainly shouldn't be breeding.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi Anony

Just because you can't refute me along with all the other atheists on here doesn't make me a troll. For you to say this makes you most consistent with your absurdity.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

This concludes our public service announcement on the dangers of eating lead paint.

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline
John, Jean, Calvin,

John, Jean, Calvin, Cauvin... Please let me help you be free of your Calvinsim.  You read all of Calvin's Institues and commentaries didn't  you. You fell in love with such and immense system. It is as flawed as that spawn of Satan Calvin. Christ died for all.... he came not willing that any should perish but that all should come to new life.  Jesus really  is a whimpy huggy fuzzy that loves everyone.  Repentanceis a change of mind ( an act of free will).  Baptism (dunking) is the way you get the Holy Spirit. As all died through Adam all shall be made alive through CHrist. All things shall be subject to Christ.

20 But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. 22 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. 23 But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who have  fallen asleep . 24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For he “has put everything under his feet.”[c] Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. 28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

YOU CAN ALL FROM GRACE: 21 Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of[g] your evil behavior. 22 But now he has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation— 23 if you continue in your faith, established and firm, and do not move from the hope held out in the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant

JEAN at least follow scripture rather than Calvin's twisted torturing of scripture,

"You can't write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say sometimes, so you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whip cream."--Frank Zappa

http://atheisticgod.blogspot.com/ Books on atheism

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline
John, Jean, Calvin,

John, Jean, Calvin, Cauvin... Please let me help you be free of your Calvinsim.  You read all of Calvin's Institues and commentaries didn't  you. You fell in love with such and immense system. It is as flawed as that spawn of Satan Calvin. Christ died for all.... he came not willing that any should perish but that all should come to new life.  Jesus really  is a whimpy huggy fuzzy that loves everyone.  Repentanceis a change of mind ( an act of free will).  Baptism (dunking) is the way you get the Holy Spirit. As all died through Adam all shall be made alive through CHrist. All things shall be subject to Christ.

20 But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. 22 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. 23 But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who have  fallen asleep . 24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For he “has put everything under his feet.”[c] Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. 28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

YOU CAN ALL FROM GRACE: 21 Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of[g] your evil behavior. 22 But now he has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation— 23 if you continue in your faith, established and firm, and do not move from the hope held out in the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant

JEAN at least follow scripture rather than Calvin's twisted torturing of scripture,

"You can't write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say sometimes, so you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whip cream."--Frank Zappa

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline
John, Jean, Calvin,

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jean's evil

http://jakobknits.blogspot.com/2006/09/evil-of-calvinism-predestination.html

2006-09-22

The Evil of Calvinism: Predestination

I'm not going to pretend that the doctrine of predestination is the only evil thing about Calvinism, but I'm willing to entertain the notion that it is the most evil.

Let's look at it honestly, shall we?

God: Omnipotent, omniscient. Knows before the beginning of the world everything that will happen up to the very end. Creates a system whereby people will be sinful, and may or may not be saved, depending on His divine whim. Knows who will be saved and who will not, and that the vast majority of humanity will be tormented for eternity. Creates people anyway! Offers salvation to a select few (the elect) and lets the rest burn for the heinous crime of being exactly as they were created.

Can we please talk about this? This is NOT loving. This is NOT grace. This is evil, plain and simple. This is a sick, psychopathic God that we are describing here. One who ENJOYS watching its creation suffer. The Calvinist god had every choice in the world and could have set up a different system, whereby people would not have to suffer for all eternity, BUT HE DIDN'T.

I have a question for the Calvinists out there:
Even if you can't help but believe that the Calvinist god exists, how can you bring yourself to worship him? How does this not make you sick? I mean even if you could show me absolute proof that such a deity existed, I could NEVER worship it. How can you live with yourselves, knowing that you've dedicated your hearts and souls to the above-described pure, unadulterated evil?

This shit is FUCKED UP.

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jean's evil

http://jakobknits.blogspot.com/2006/09/evil-of-calvinism-predestination.html

2006-09-22

The Evil of Calvinism: Predestination

I'm not going to pretend that the doctrine of predestination is the only evil thing about Calvinism, but I'm willing to entertain the notion that it is the most evil.

Let's look at it honestly, shall we?

God: Omnipotent, omniscient. Knows before the beginning of the world everything that will happen up to the very end. Creates a system whereby people will be sinful, and may or may not be saved, depending on His divine whim. Knows who will be saved and who will not, and that the vast majority of humanity will be tormented for eternity. Creates people anyway! Offers salvation to a select few (the elect) and lets the rest burn for the heinous crime of being exactly as they were created.

Can we please talk about this? This is NOT loving. This is NOT grace. This is evil, plain and simple. This is a sick, psychopathic God that we are describing here. One who ENJOYS watching its creation suffer. The Calvinist god had every choice in the world and could have set up a different system, whereby people would not have to suffer for all eternity, BUT HE DIDN'T.

I have a question for the Calvinists out there:
Even if you can't help but believe that the Calvinist god exists, how can you bring yourself to worship him? How does this not make you sick? I mean even if you could show me absolute proof that such a deity existed, I could NEVER worship it. How can you live with yourselves, knowing that you've dedicated your hearts and souls to the above-described pure, unadulterated evil?

This shit is FUCKED UP.

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Lord is not slow in

The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
 A thread like this making

A thread like this making it to 6 pages says something, but then again so does the "it works for me!" thread lol.

I guess we all get bored.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin