To free itself

Within the making

A blaze is lit

And consuming

Remaining wit.

For who is sane

When fate does call

From mortal plane

All do fall.................................

TGB

"You can't write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say sometimes, so you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whip cream."--Frank Zappa

http://atheisticgod.blogspot.com/ Books on atheism

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks for sharing

This one.

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
 That's pretty deep, I like

That's pretty deep, I like it and I don't normally enjoy poetry.

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks dudes. Ya get to the

Thanks dudes. Ya get to the edge of reason where you run out of what you need to go further. No parachute  or bridge. You either jump anyway or you stumble.

"You can't write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say sometimes, so you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whip cream."--Frank Zappa

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Very interesting.

Very interesting. Although I have to say that the first time I read it, you had not provided the explanation and I cam away with a very different view.

You see, the hollow bit in the center of a sphere of plutonium is called the pit. Now you don't need a pit to make it go BOOM!!! but you get more bang for the buck (literally) if you do include a pit.

So yah, if you read it the way I did the first time around, it says something else altogether.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

Very interesting. Although I have to say that the first time I read it, you had not provided the explanation and I cam away with a very different view.

You see, the hollow bit in the center of a sphere of plutonium is called the pit. Now you don't need a pit to make it go BOOM!!! but you get more bang for the buck (literally) if you do include a pit.

So yah, if you read it the way I did the first time around, it says something else altogether.

I like your interpretation better That's the nature poetry ain't it. But I've done social work for over 20 years so I got a lot of inspiration from my therapy groups

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
User is offlineOffline
 Really?   I have been

Really?

I have been doing the same thing since the 80's myself. What area are you in?

Personally, I deal with psych patients in a community setting. Are you familiar with the ICCD?

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

=

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

Really?

I have been doing the same thing since the 80's myself. What area are you in?

Personally, I deal with psych patients in a community setting. Are you familiar with the ICCD?

I was originally a probation officer when I left the "ministry'. I started  doing substance abuse groups and life styles groups on the side since the state does not pay that much. I continued to do them and an occasional anger management group but switched over as far as the social work to abused and neglected children. I was an assistant director of a children's shelter after 11 years with Child Protective Services and lived on Saint Simons island for a little over a year. Recently moved back to the Atlanta area and haven't found anything yet. I'm 56 so I'm getting close to retirement.  we moved back to be near family since my wife and I have a 2 year old. She is a psychotherapist and I do the office management out of the home ( a lot of insurance billing) and raise our two year old. ICCD?  Intergrated Center for Child Development???  Not really.  I take it you'e a Kiss fan? I saw them in concert with Nugent and Skid Row. My two older sons took me.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
User is offlineOffline
 Ah no. ICCD is the

Ah no. ICCD is the International Center for Clubhouse Development.

Www.iccd.org

Pretty much all psych cases. Even so, we are in similar areas. I an 47 so I have a bit left to work.

As far as KISS, yah, you got that right. On Saturday, I am gonna see ManOWar live in Worcester MA.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

=

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Thread de-rail, whoo! So,

Thread de-rail, whoo!

So, you two, do you feel like your respective programs have a positive impact on the social structure?

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline
mellestad wrote:Thread

mellestad wrote:

Thread de-rail, whoo!

So, you two, do you feel like your respective programs have a positive impact on the social structure?

Nope

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
User is offlineOffline
 mellestad wrote:   Thread

mellestad wrote:

Thread de-rail, whoo!

If you want a “yes” answer, then you are going to have to ask a question that get's to yes as a possible answer.

Seriously, that is the game that we play in this field.

If you asked “can you think of a single case where the social structure was positively impacted?” then I would say yes. I can think of a bunch of times that I have done that.

On the other hand, if you were to ask if I was doing much more than spinning my wheels on lots of individual cases, then I would also have to say yes to that as well. Many of the people whom I deal with are only ever going to move from one bad situation to another. Each event merits coming up with something that will result in an outcome that is not as bad as random chance might produce.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

=

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline
You start off going to save

You start off going to save the world. After all that is said and done you wanna save yourself from burnout. You are happy to see result in one outta ten. We use to reassure ourselves in saying well we planted seeds in that case. Give them time to germinate or someone else to do a little watering. With substance abuse you use to do a rough pie chart. 33 1/3 who will change because of group, 33 1/3 that would have changed regardless and 33 1/3 that will not change regardless.  AA has a bout a 17% recovery rate by the way.  So yes and no.  medicate all you can and let nature sort the rest.