Why don't you have the power of your convictions?

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Why don't you have the power of your convictions?

Seriously?

All you do is talk smack.

Why don't you put your money where your mouth is?

The god you worship is pretty black and white about everything he wants you to do.

Why don't you do everything he wants?

You're supposed to become slaves to Him.

What justification do you have for not enslaving yourself to Him?

Why don't you man up?

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
redneF wrote:Seriously?All

redneF wrote:

Seriously?

All you do is talk smack.

Why don't you put your money where your mouth is?

You got a problem chum?

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
I outlined my

I outlined my 'problem'.

Don't you have comprehension skills?

What part didn't you understand?

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
I like the idea of christian slaves

Christians and muslims could devote themselves to working for below award wages and with no medical insurance - instead they could rely on prayer and manna from heaven. 

In fact, if all theists enslaved themselves to god and worked harder at denigrating their personal desires in pursuit of greater good, the world would be a better place for me.

I would like a christian slave around the place. My courtyard is a mess.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, that's the whole

Well, that's the whole point.

At least they were slaves to their masters, in ancient times.

Now they are just going with the flow...

That's not very committed to the commands from their masters.

Either you're committed, or not.

Either you believe, or you don't.

The point I'm trying to make, is that they are in fact 'weak atheists'.

They all 'sin' and go against the written word of their 'god'.

Two faced hypocrites.

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris

Thunderios
atheist
User is offlineOffline
If I believed everybody who

If I believed everybody who didn't believe what I believe would go to hell, and I was filled with the Holy Spirit (which would make me do good things), I would go out and try to convert EVERYBODY.
Christians don't do this.
So either they don't really believe everybody is going to hell for ever, or they're not filled the Holy Spirit, and don't want to do good.
If the former is true, then Heaven's gonna be quite empty.
If the latter is true, and believing doesn't get rewarded with an infestation by the HS, then faith is worthless, and God it doesn't matter whether you believe or not.
Assuming God exists, of course.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
The "talk smack" because

The "talk smack" because that is all they can do. Pesky ideas like secular government proposed by the Age Of Enlightenment put a leash on their desires. 200 years plus of saying, "You can bitch all you want about others, you just cant kill them", is frustrating to them.

Of course most believers dont want to kill us, but it does show the hypocrisy of what they do today, vs what God and his followers do to outsiders in the bible, and what believers did before the institutionalizing of plural secular governments.

If believers actually did what was in the bible, that would make them monsters.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
So, do Christians refrain

So, do Christians refrain from masturbating?

Do Christians have oral sex?

It's obvious that religion is a scam. If sins were unforgivable, then churches would be empty. Obviously, there's not much of a 'dress code' to get into the club.

And they're all there on the 'honour system'.

Pfffft....

As if they're all as goody two shoes, outside of church.

As if the priests don't sin, themselves.

Hypocrites.

What an obvious scam.

Obviously, one can live like a heathen all their good days, and convert just when they're about to kick the bucket, so WTF is the problem?