Canada a "Christian Nation"?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Canada a "Christian Nation"?

According to this opinion Canada is also full of poor poor persecuted Christians.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/life/Rights+tribunal+rewards+intolerance/4291374/story.html

Here is what this person either refuses to tell you, or is unaware of. Most atheists I know, would in a heartbeat defend your right to go to the PRIVATELY owned and PRIVATELY funded church down the street.

Maybe the reason people should not invoke deities before government events is because there are so many different ideas of what a god would want for a country. Maybe if that aspect is left out of government, all of us, outside our individual labels, can seek overlap to get problem solving done FOR ALL LABELS.

But, as I suspect, what really is going on here, isn't that Christians are being persecuted, but getting angry that they have to share the same venue with others.

Maybe if Christians would leave it at the door, this atheist wouldn't feel the need to use the same venue. But if one is going to insist on any government venue being open to one, then it should be open to all.

I doubt very seriously that the government of Canada is playing favorites to this atheist. I think there is far more going on here by crybabies who are not used to sharing and crying sour grapes now that the real minority is refusing to sit at the back of the bus.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
I agree.  This stuff drives

I agree.  This stuff drives me nuts.

I get chain letters from relatives about how the eeeeviiiil atheist-communist-liberals are trying to take away their religion and I just want so slap them.  No-one is trying to take away your ability to practice your religion, we're trying to make it so you can't *impose* your religion through the government.

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Since when did anybody care

Since when did anybody care what Quebec has to say?

connerman
atheist
connerman's picture
User is offlineOffline
Why Cpt_pineapple would you

Why Cpt_pineapple would you forward an opinion without having a clue about Quebec?

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
This thread is starting to

This thread is starting to smell sweet and feel sticky....

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
I had some pancakes

I had some pancakes yesterday, and I did put maple syrup on them.  It tasted swell though, so I'm sure the syrup came from God-fearing patriot trees on Jesus' side of the border.