Deepak Chopra, the science supporter

100percentAtheist
atheist
100percentAtheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Deepak Chopra, the science supporter

Deepak Chopra is defending science?  I think science would be better off without his help.

"The real goal of a new science will be to expand our reality so that spiritual truths are acceptable, along with many other subjective experiences that science has long dismissed as unreliable."

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/02/15/my-take-science-and-spirituality-should-be-friends/?hpt=C1

I am also surprised he is given space on CNN news.

B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
User is offlineOffline
Deepak Chopra, professional kook

Deepak Chopra, professional insane asshat wrote:
"The real goal of a new science will be to expand our reality so that spiritual truths are acceptable, along with many other subjective experiences that science has long dismissed as unreliable."

So he wants a "science" that will accept his preconceived ideas and those of other people. Well my "spiritual truth" and "subjective experience" states that Deepak Chopra is AN EVIL BRAIN EATING ALIEN FROM THE PLANET HARPO! So apparently science should accept my obviously wrong(?) idea? He just doesn't understand science, or he would realize that what he hates about it is it's core strength!

100percentAtheist wrote:
I am also surprised he is given space on CNN news.

Really? Have you ever seen CNN? I'm never surprised at any of the bullshit that the propaganda mills, er I mean ALL of the "respected" media companies vomit upon an unsuspecting populace. Appalled? Yes. Surprised? No.

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!

100percentAtheist
atheist
100percentAtheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
B166ER wrote:Really? Have

B166ER wrote:

Really? Have you ever seen CNN? I'm never surprised at any of the bullshit that the propaganda mills, er I mean ALL of the "respected" media companies vomit upon an unsuspecting populace. Appalled? Yes. Surprised? No.

You're right, probably I had too much faith in CNN. Smiling 

CNN is something like a lesser evil for me.  I start vomiting on all other news agencies even before their web sites are uploaded. 

However, as an act of masochism, I listen to FoxNews radio every day. This morning Neal Boortz said something that I am surprisingly agree with.  He said basically that the less uneducated people are the more unaware they are about it.  It does not surprise me that I agree with this statement, but it does surprise me that he said it.   Look at Bill O'Riley, he certainly missed his science class in school (Mars's moons, for example), but he is so determined that his knowledge is great, that he sounds pathetic.  

B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
User is offlineOffline
Don't get me wrong...

100percentAtheist wrote:
However, as an act of masochism, I listen to FoxNews radio every day.

Don't get me wrong, I do keep up on the corporate propaganda mills, but only to know what lies are being pushed that day. So I guess I watch and listen more like a partisan in Europe during the 30's and 40's, less to get any actual information and more to plan the next attack!

You need to know what your opponents are saying if you wish to counter them!

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Richard Dawkins Vs. Deepak

Laughing out loud Richard Dawkins has a couple of questions for Deepak about quantum physics :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-FaXD_igv4

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno