Theists themselves are wicked and evil

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Theists themselves are wicked and evil

Because you're self motivated into your beliefs.

You're insecure.

You don't have the courage of your thoughts and convictions, to call them your own.

You're cowards and hypocrites.

Weak.

Atheists don't expect you to be honest about it.

Because you're incapable of being honest.

You're compulsive liars.

That's the 'Truth' about you.

You're all completely immoral, and it's sickening to hear you condescendingly drone on and on and on about 'absolute morals', when you're lacking in morals.

You're just 'absolute morons'.

Get spell check already...

Bill Maher confronts hypocrites

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt9Qs7P7h2A&feature=related

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
That is a huge swath to

That is a huge swath to paint about the  majority of our species.

I only call those who complain about us bitching "insecure". They may be delusional, but there is a huge difference between being insecure, and truely believing something false.

Theists can piss me off too. But lets not do to them what they do to us by making blanket statements.

I agree that religion is nothing more than a placebo.

I agree that when someone says "dont pick on my sky daddy" they are being insecure.

BUT, we only have one planet to live on and I think no matter what we might think of religion or a god claim, all 7 billion of us SHOULD be treated as individuals.

It is ok to get angry, but be angry at bad logic. You can like someone without liking everything they utter.

I don't know one person on this board that doesn't have a believing co-worker, at least, if not believing family members and or friends. It is impossible for any group of people, much less atheists to try to be isolationists.

Attack the claim, not the person.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Tadgh
atheist
Tadgh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Attack the

Brian37 wrote:

Attack the claim, not the person.

Thank you, Brian. I think you are right. It is difficult to view christianity or any other religion as an intellectually dishonest discipline.

I am often "guilty" of accusing christians of being dishonest. Of course, what I mean is that I think their beliefs are based on untruths - not (necessarily) that they themselves are dishonest about what they believe. I suppose I really should be careful about that, but there are times - usually in unmoderated facebook groups - where I simply enjoy being abusive. Usually this occurs after a long(ish) period of trying to be civil. Mainly, I think, this is because I see no other way to getting my point across.

But I admit this is not a very good behavior.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Quote:It is difficult to

Quote:
It is difficult to view christianity or any other religion as an intellectually dishonest discipline.

Hold on now. Don't put words in my mouth.

First off, it isn't a discipline at all. Theism is merely an exorcise in imagination.

It isn't that the people who hold a god belief are deliberately being dishonest. It is the position itself that is dishonest. It starts from a presumption based on speculation and naked assertions. In that sense it is dishonest. But the people who buy into this truly believe they are not being dishonest. Although some may not care and do know they are full if it and hold onto it anyway.

It really stems from mundane human psychology. Once someone buys into  a claim, the ego kicks in and they latch onto it and defend it to no end to protect their own ego from the prospect of being wrong.

Our species evolution has produced inaccurate thought because evolution isn't about seeking rational answers, it's only goal is to get to the next generation. Our species evolved to seek patterns. Our deficit in this has been that we far to often blindly buy these patterns more than we test them to insure quality of data.

Skip the labels and simply call all religions and god claims placebos humans buy because it seems to fit a pattern for them that they falsely think works.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Tadgh
atheist
Tadgh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Quote:It is

Brian37 wrote:

Quote:
It is difficult to view christianity or any other religion as an intellectually dishonest discipline.

Hold on now. Don't put words in my mouth.

First off, it isn't a discipline at all. Theism is merely an exorcise in imagination.

It isn't that the people who hold a god belief are deliberately being dishonest. It is the position itself that is dishonest. It starts from a presumption based on speculation and naked assertions. In that sense it is dishonest. But the people who buy into this truly believe they are not being dishonest. Although some may not care and do know they are full if it and hold onto it anyway.

It really stems from mundane human psychology. Once someone buys into  a claim, the ego kicks in and they latch onto it and defend it to no end to protect their own ego from the prospect of being wrong.

Our species evolution has produced inaccurate thought because evolution isn't about seeking rational answers, it's only goal is to get to the next generation. Our species evolved to seek patterns. Our deficit in this has been that we far to often blindly buy these patterns more than we test them to insure quality of data.

Skip the labels and simply call all religions and god claims placebos humans buy because it seems to fit a pattern for them that they falsely think works.

I didn't mean to put words in your mouth, Brian. I speak only for myself. I should have seperated those two sentences more clearly.

Perhaps discipline isn't the right word. Nor am I sure that exorcise in imagination is the right phrase, although I do like it on at least two levels. Perhaps you mean exorcism of imagination. I would certainly agree to that. I'm not sure about exercise in imagination.

Yes, the position is dishonest and not necessarily the person assuming said position. On that we are agreed.

Mjolnin
Theist
User is offlineOffline
redneF wrote:Because you're

redneF wrote:

Because you're self motivated into your beliefs.

You're insecure.

You don't have the courage of your thoughts and convictions, to call them your own.

You're cowards and hypocrites.

Weak.

This is like the perfect leadin to this new product.

Do you want to reprogram your subconscious mind for unstoppable confidence?

Do you want a magnetic personality that others find irresistibly attractive?

What would it be like to overcome the hesitation and self talk that keeps you from realizing your full potential?

Imagine finding yourself motivated toward your goals because you found them exciting... because you truly believe.

Self Confidence Through Hypnosis

A Complete And Full Hypnosis Session on CD. Has a Running Time Of 55 Minutes In Length.

Created by certified Hypnotherapists, Jess Berg, CHT and Steven B Schnider, CHT. Price: £14.95 plus S&H.

This may not be the theist responce that is being looked for and am sorry, but the devil made me do it.