A curious case of a complete idiot.

100percentAtheist
atheist
100percentAtheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
A curious case of a complete idiot.

Recently, I found this:

http://www.goddiscussion.com/39710/federal-lawsuit-filed-against-evolution-because-it-promotes-the-religion-of-atheism/

Can anyone explain me if this guy is simply trying to attract some attention to himself or he truly believes in what he does (and thus he's a complete idiot)?   I just refuse to believe that there are school teachers like that.

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
100percentAtheist wrote: Can anyone explain .. me if this guy ..

I think that this so-called teacher is looking for attention, how can you be a Biology teacher and think that atheism can be interpreted to be a religion  , this way of thinking is affiliated with creationist and intelligent design   Bad Teacher !  Ps. The video at the end of the article by " ZOMGitsCriss" is very good, by being very clever she is a turn on (not to mention her gypsy eyes et al )

Signature ? How ?

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
It would appear that yes, he

It would appear that yes, he believes in what he is doing.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
???

The  dude  suggests "Evolution isnt scientific"    Can I find out something about his assertion, itself?   Is this an attempt to say there is no evidentiary basis  or that it is somehow "not scientific"?.  Ive BEEN CURIOUS if it is just a matter of semantics  ?  I am not sure I can understand. I have tried my darnedest to solve his meaning. Now, I do remember seeing  there was no actual discussion. So, May not have been divulged to  the  average skimmer,.

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well this goes to show

Well it goes to show that it does not take very much intelligence to become a biology teacher these days.

I found it funny that he tried to dodge the bullet by claiming that he is not pushing for creationism and intelligent design, but he is just against evolution.

Hmm, and yet, thus far, no one has been able to come up with anything sufficient enough to cast any doubt on evolution. Quite the opposite actually.

Apparently he has not been following any of the current events with certain members of the religious community that now believe that evolution is fact.

As for the rest of his assertions, they are almost too ridiculous to even address.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster wrote:Well

harleysportster wrote:

Well it goes to show that it does not take very much intelligence to become a biology teacher these days.

I found it funny that he tried to dodge the bullet by claiming that he is not pushing for creationism and intelligent design, but he is just against evolution.

Hmm, and yet, thus far, no one has been able to come up with anything sufficient enough to cast any doubt on evolution. Quite the opposite actually.

Apparently he has not been following any of the current events with certain members of the religious community that now believe that evolution is fact.

As for the rest of his assertions, they are almost too ridiculous to even address.

He teaches physics and chemisty.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

rdklep8
atheistScience FreakSuperfan
rdklep8's picture
User is offlineOffline
Regardless of what he

Regardless of what he teaches... he can definitely be that stupid.

My old human anatomy professor (teaching to grad level health-science majors), is an expert at human dissection/physiology.  She comes across as intelligent and is  always in awe of the intricacies of the body.  During one semester, there were a couple people working on a study and they needed participants (which is usually just classmates and professors initially in order to make sure the experimental design is ok) and in conversation one student casually said, "Well, that's just a chicken and the egg type situation".

Professor: "What do you mean by that?

Student: "You know, it's one of those questions that you just can't answer"

Professor: "Ha! I can answer that question.  It says so right in Genesis.  The chicken was first."

Some of these otherwise intelligent and well-spoken people will spend a lot of time doing mental gymnastics in order to make their beliefs fit into what they've learned scientifically. 

100percentAtheist
atheist
100percentAtheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:He teaches

Kapkao wrote:

Wow, he had 30 hours in Education, Physics, and Chemistry combined which certainly qualifies him to teach physics and chemistry.  

I am curious, if I teach astronomy and claim that the sun is orbiting the earth, I will not likely to be allowed to teach the course any longer.  However, if I claim that I do not believe in evolution and that some god created everything around, I still will be allowed to be a teacher.  Personally, I don't think that people who believe in supernatural creatures should be allowed to teach other people.   

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
rdklep8 wrote:Regardless of

rdklep8 wrote:

Regardless of what he teaches... he can definitely be that stupid.

Yes, they can.

I used to get kicked out of class in both high school and college for debating teachers. Quite a bit. To the point I'd skip their classes entirely.

You'd see their emotions kick into overdrive when a student would challenge a teacher. Their egos will not allow them to admit they don't know something, or admit they're wrong.

They can be incredibly insecure.

That's why I never went for a degree. I realized that a degree didn't make one more intelligent, or knowledgeable, at all.

As far as these clowns who are desperately trying to get creationism and intellegent design taught as a 'science', or on equal footing with scientific endeavour, I hope they keep at it, and make more headlines, and get more attention.

It'll simply expose the extreme level of ignorance, and dishonesty about religion. Particularly christianity.

And it'll get into the prefrontal cortex of more individuals, who sit on the fence about beliefs in a god, and the net effect will be more people who denounce religion.

Science is the antithesis, the 'antichrist', to religion.

Science is only concerned with actual truth of reality. If it contradicts the bible, then that's too bad for religion.

Religion is screwed in that, it made too many naked assertions, that proved to be completely false, and without any merit whatsoever.

They could not foreshadow that man would sky rocket exponentially in knowledge, as the 'evolution' of man's understanding, was very, very slow, initially.

Then, it exploded, and increased in 'information' exponentially.

Creationists maintain that 'information' can never be seen to 'increase' in our biology.

Another naked assertion that they 'hope' science won't discover is incorrect.

Science must keep them up at night... 

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster wrote:As for

harleysportster wrote:

There is kind of a problem in that.

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
danatemporary

danatemporary wrote:

harleysportster wrote:

There is kind of a problem in that.

Care to explain that ?

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:He teaches

Kapkao wrote:

Ahh. My bad. Laughing out loud

Plain to see right there in the first sentence.

Physics and chemistry ?

Somehow, that makes it worse to me for some reason.

― Giordano Bruno

B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wow... the story of my life!

redneF wrote:
I used to get kicked out of class in both high school and college for debating teachers. Quite a bit. To the point I'd skip their classes entirely.

You'd see their emotions kick into overdrive when a student would challenge a teacher. Their egos will not allow them to admit they don't know something, or admit they're wrong.

They can be incredibly insecure.

That's why I never went for a degree. I realized that a degree didn't make one more intelligent, or knowledgeable, at all.

Wow, you just described me perfectly, other then I am in the process of getting back into school. It wasn't just science that I debated with them on, but politics as well. So I understand what you probably went through, as I most likely dealt with the same bullshit!

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!

Tadgh
atheist
Tadgh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Honestly, I'm not sure I

Honestly, I'm not sure I would want a creationist teaching Music to my kids, much less any kind of science.

I had a Psych Prof in college telling us about body types, who mentioned that "geniuses tend to have the thin body type - like Jesus and St. Paul." So, I asked how he knew Jesus was thin.

That led to a rather interesting discussion. He cited the Shroud of Turin as evidence.

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Tadgh wrote:Honestly, I'm

Tadgh wrote:

Honestly, I'm not sure I would want a creationist teaching Music to my kids, much less any kind of science.

I don't blame you for keeping them away from idiots like comedian Steve Harvey who's turned author, and fancies himself a psychologist now, and advocates 'turn and walk away' from atheists.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbahpTWavv4

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris