Atheist, O! Atheist... Wherefore art though, Atheist?

Ch3sty1775
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Atheist, O! Atheist... Wherefore art though, Atheist?

I want to here everyone's post as to why:

1. You are an atheist
  2. You are an agnostic
  3. You are a theist

I would also like people to post their thoughts on the possibility of being neither of the three? What intangible thoughts can you try and muster into words? Tell me.

The reason I ask is because I don't find any weight in either category. Atheism is a pessimist's dream; theism is a fool's thought; and agnosticism is a lazy person's excuse. 

So... give me your thoughts. 

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Theist

The Theist wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

I'm still waiting for the sources to back up your claims. Please do not provide dozens of quotes from the bible (IE: Genesis) as your proof.

Also, I missed this previously, but you mentioned "astronomical charts"? As in Astrology? Egad. Fail.

That won't be necessary, it is fairly obvious. You are an idiot. You assume the Bible is wrong without knowing anything about it and while refusing to investigate it. That makes you a willful idiot.

Ah. You show your true colors and maturity. Name calling. Perfect.

And yet again you post irrelevant information about dates and ages of people. How does this prove any thing other than that you can cut and paste?

Thanks for the supporting my atheism. Your comments and evidence only strengthens my belief system.

stuntgibbon
stuntgibbon's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Maybe if I worshiped the

Maybe if I worshiped the sun, I could be all three things.  

However, I'm also the fourth thing... antitheist.

I tend not to rush to slap stickers on myself.  It's not that using the terms atheist, antitheist and agnostic would be untruthful as a part of describing my character... it's just that I don't like to give people that head start on all of the assumptions that fall onto one's head with any or all of those labels.  When you meet someone who is in a wheelchair, your brain maybe just thinks of that person as the one in the wheelchair and that's what you remember about them... completely trumping all of the other potential interesting attributes of that person's character.  

I'd rather people come away remembering that i'm generally smart, kind and usually a pretty happy and easygoing person. It's a good base to establish before I begin to attack nonsense and bad ideas. 

The Theist
TheistardTroll
The Theist's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:Ah.

digitalbeachbum wrote:

And yet again you post irrelevant information about dates and ages of people. How does this prove any thing other than that you can cut and paste?

Thanks for the supporting my atheism. Your comments and evidence only strengthens my belief system.

I don't think that I'm name calling, you are deliberately being an idiot.

The dates were an example of how astronomical charts can be a most reliable dating indicator in support of the Bible when secular history gets it wrong. The Bible is, like Isaak Newton said, a more reliable source than any secular history, but secularists are often ignorant of this because they assume that the Bible is fairy tales. Astronomical charts are accepted by secular historians because they are extremely accurate and they don't lie. They don't distort or withhold information due to nationalistic idealism or pride.

I'm glad I can support your atheism. That is why I'm here.

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
stuntgibbon wrote: Maybe if

stuntgibbon wrote:

Maybe if I worshiped the sun, I could be all three things.  

However, I'm also the fourth thing... antitheist.

I tend not to rush to slap stickers on myself.  It's not that using the terms atheist, antitheist and agnostic would be untruthful as a part of describing my character... it's just that I don't like to give people that head start on all of the assumptions that fall onto one's head with any or all of those labels.  When you meet someone who is in a wheelchair, your brain maybe just thinks of that person as the one in the wheelchair and that's what you remember about them... completely trumping all of the other potential interesting attributes of that person's character.  

I'd rather people come away remembering that i'm generally smart, kind and usually a pretty happy and easygoing person. It's a good base to establish before I begin to attack nonsense and bad ideas. 

I remember having bad ideas once...

Today, I either misidentify them, or I've forgotten how to cultivate them. Take your pick. Sticking out tongue

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Theist

The Theist wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

The dates were an example of how astronomical charts can be a most reliable dating indicator in support of the Bible when secular history gets it wrong. The Bible is, like Isaak Newton said, a more reliable source than any secular history, but secularists are often ignorant of this because they assume that the Bible is fairy tales. Astronomical charts are accepted by secular historians because they are extremely accurate and they don't lie. They don't distort or withhold information due to nationalistic idealism or pride.

Quote:
The dates were an example of how astronomical charts can be a most reliable dating indicator in support of the Bible when secular history gets it wrong.

The Farce is strong on this one. Listen Luke Crosswalker, no amount of trying to retrofit science to your book of myth is going to work. Otherwise Allah is the one true god when they retrofit science to suit the Koran.

THE BIBLE IS NOT a science text book anymore than the Torah or Koran. You just like the idea of having a super hero and will commit all sorts of si fi mental crap gymnastics to suit your own desires.

The bible pops a man magically out of dirt, pops magically an adult women out of his rib, creates adult plants without photosynthesis, treats the sun and moon as separate sources of light, not to mention magic babies born via ghost sperm, and a fake suicide where god clones himself, has himself killed and still survives rigor mortis. THIS IS A COMIC BOOK, NOT A science text book. It was a poorly written book that took over 1,000 years to write by 40 authors with books left out. NO ONE back then,  especially those inept writers,  had any fucking clue about the nature of reality

You think you are the first person to attempt this crap? You think you're the only religion who pulls this crap? Please never ever become a teacher, we need educated people not more si fi lemmings like you.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:I remember

Kapkao wrote:

Today, I either misidentify them, or I've forgotten how to cultivate them. Take your pick. Sticking out tongue

Nothing like having a mental illness to spice up a boring life.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Theist

The Theist wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Wait! Wait! Wait!....

You want to use the bible as a reference for this discussion? OK. First prove that the christian bible is the actual word of god.

It isn't. Didn't you know that?

Good, now that you admit that, what is the point of people using it other than for a crutch because they like pretty stories and super heros? And lets not forget they gloss over the really nasty shit in it, like incest, slavery, genocide, infanticide.

If it were not the word of god, don't you think then, that the people who do defended it as being the word of god as turning their interpretations into political weapons? Don't you think those people can use their interpretations to dumb down their kids and society in general?

You think sugar pill gap answers people cling to cannot be dangerous, credulity in our species SHOWS time after time, when lots of people buy a stupid myth the can go on to hurt others. Until these books of all these myths are treated like the weapons they are, the safety lock on the gun will never work.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

The Theist
TheistardTroll
The Theist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:The Theist

Brian37 wrote:

The Theist wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Wait! Wait! Wait!....

You want to use the bible as a reference for this discussion? OK. First prove that the christian bible is the actual word of god.

Good, now that you admit that, what is the point of people using it other than for a crutch because they like pretty stories and super heros? And lets not forget they gloss over the really nasty shit in it, like incest, slavery, genocide, infanticide.

If it were not the word of god, don't you think then, that the people who do defended it as being the word of god as turning their interpretations into political weapons? Don't you think those people can use their interpretations to dumb down their kids and society in general?

You think sugar pill gap answers people cling to cannot be dangerous, credulity in our species SHOWS time after time, when lots of people buy a stupid myth the can go on to hurt others. Until these books of all these myths are treated like the weapons they are, the safety lock on the gun will never work.

I want you to do something for me, if you can, Brian. I want you to calmly read your signature line and then I want you to try and imagine what I mean by the admission that the Christian Bible isn't the actual word of God. What do I mean by that? I want you to do this without ranting and raving about The Bible and God and Religion and Christianity and theism etc.

Then, if you like, make a brief simple statement to me about atheism, or science, or evolution that you might think will surprise me and I will tell you, likewise, without ranting or raving, what I think you mean by it and then you and I will have shared some understanding among our differences.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
The Theist wrote:I'm glad I

The Theist wrote:

I'm sure.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline

Brian37 wrote:

The Theist wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Quote:
The dates were an example of how astronomical charts can be a most reliable dating indicator in support of the Bible when secular history gets it wrong.

The Farce is strong on this one. Listen Luke Crosswalker, no amount of trying to retrofit science to your book of myth is going to work. Otherwise Allah is the one true god when they retrofit science to suit the Koran.

THE BIBLE IS NOT a science text book anymore than the Torah or Koran. You just like the idea of having a super hero and will commit all sorts of si fi mental crap gymnastics to suit your own desires.

The bible pops a man magically out of dirt, pops magically an adult women out of his rib, creates adult plants without photosynthesis, treats the sun and moon as separate sources of light, not to mention magic babies born via ghost sperm, and a fake suicide where god clones himself, has himself killed and still survives rigor mortis. THIS IS A COMIC BOOK, NOT A science text book. It was a poorly written book that took over 1,000 years to write by 40 authors with books left out. NO ONE back then,  especially those inept writers,  had any fucking clue about the nature of reality

You think you are the first person to attempt this crap? You think you're the only religion who pulls this crap? Please never ever become a teacher, we need educated people not more si fi lemmings like you.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline

Brian37 wrote:

The Theist wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Wait! Wait! Wait!....

It's an honor to see you at work against ignorant trolls.

All hail, Brian37, Troll Stomper!

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:Kapkao

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Kapkao wrote:

Nothing like having a mental illness to spice up a boring life.

Which is what "schizoid" means... 'constantly avoiding anhedonia.'

Granted... I don't see the problem with being "extremely introverted". Sticking out tongue

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi Opie

Hi Opie,

I agree with you, all three worldviews are false. I subscribe to none of them.

What I do subscribe to is Christian theism not simply the empty ambigious category of theism.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hi Opie

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi Opie Taylor,

I agree with you lousy stinking turd, all three worldviews are just fucking false !   I subscribe to none of them you fucking idiot. In fact they infuriate the shit out of me !

What I do subscribe to is the wonderful manly Jesus Cult called Christian theism not simply the empty, girly man, sissified, sodomizing, pussified category of theism.

Respeck, Yo !

Jean Chauv-it-in ( Dirty Jew ).

Edited for clarity of meaning and enhanced emotional intensity....

The Theist
TheistardTroll
The Theist's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:The

digitalbeachbum wrote:

The Theist wrote:

I'm sure.

The object of the believer is to present anyone who will listen the information they need to get them started on the path they choose. I consider the atheist who takes my attempts to do that and their conclusions as successful as those who would be confirmed in any other outcome. It is a personal choice, and just because one is informed doesn't mean that they will be "converted" to my position of theism.

I sincerely mean that that is why I'm here. For you as well as crazy Gomer Pyle.