Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
To be honest

To be honest, I agree.

There are certain points that you have mentioned that I have thought about myself.

Like you, I happen to like Bill Maher's program. He and I certainly agree on religion and a number of other things.

But as much as I dislike the ridiculous attitudes of the right wing christian coalition type people. I do see quite a bit of activity on the left side of the spectrum that I find just as irritating and irrational.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
I used to subscribe to the

I used to subscribe to the podcast edition of 'Real Time', and did enjoy much of his commentary, but I have encountered enough examples of his inconsistency or support for some crazy views, such as on medicine, that I lost regard for him enough to not bother any more.

I think I felt that I couldn't quite trust his comments or judgements, in view of some of the beliefs or attitudes he apparently holds on a number of issues.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
He used to be

He used to be libertarian/independent. But then he got caught up in the 'politically correct' views of Hollywood. Ones political views become aligned with what makes one popular.

One time his stated that he believes global warming is a threat to his personal survival. As if the ocean levels will rise so rapidly he will drown. I'm sorry but if you're a late mid-aged man with money, a disease like a heart attack or cancer is likely going to kill you, not global warming.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen