Imagine how much it would've helped our cause if the AZ shooter was a right wing nut?

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
JesusNEVERexisted's picture
User is offlineOffline
Imagine how much it would've helped our cause if the AZ shooter was a right wing nut?

He did read Mein Kampf and did like that American Reniasance group like a lot of right wingers but the AZ shooter seems to be more a general nut then either a left wing or right wing nut.

IF the shooter was a tea partier or Christian extremist it would've been the END of the Tea Party and dealt yet another blow to Christianity.  They are down for the count anyway!

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
It wouldn't be a sound or

It wouldn't be a sound or honest argument. 

And it would not be the end of the Tea Party even if it was a sound argument. If these people actually listened to reason, then the party wouldn't exist.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Yea, and if he had atheist

Yea, and if he had atheist youtube videos up the other side would be having a field day.  Like Butter said, even if he had been right wing it would be dishonest of us to leap at things like that.

Personally I'm glad he's just a regular nut, because people have a better chance of focusing on the issue of mental health which is at the root of most of these things.

Of course, the left is far better equipped to deal with that stuff in general, because they don't have a bunch of people shouting about how mental disease is, 'evil'.  You can't treat mental health if you have that mindset.

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
butterbattle wrote:It

butterbattle wrote:

It wouldn't be a sound or honest argument. 

And it would not be the end of the Tea Party even if it was a sound argument. If these people actually listened to reason, then the party wouldn't exist.

But if he was an actual Teabagger and they actually had VIDEO/PICS of him at a tea party rally and then he kills a 9 year old girl among others PLUS blows part of Congress member's head off then it would've definitely hurt their movement!

Their credibility would've been damaged for sure and jokes and mockery about the killers in the Tea Party would be all over the nation! You can't realistically say it would not have hurt them AT ALL!

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com

Tadgh
atheist
Tadgh's picture
User is offlineOffline
As my mother used to say,

As my mother used to say, "that's an awful lot of iffin'." As it is, whether the incident was connected or attributable to right-wing rhetoric or not, it certainly did serve to highlight said rhetoric (and "rightly" so.) Madam ex-governor can feign outrage all she wants, her inflammatory words will, one hopes, come back to haunt her again and again --- one hopes without more violence to emphasize the point.

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Tadgh wrote:As my mother

Tadgh wrote:

As my mother used to say, "that's an awful lot of iffin'." As it is, whether the incident was connected or attributable to right-wing rhetoric or not, it certainly did serve to highlight said rhetoric (and "rightly" so.) Madam ex-governor can feign outrage all she wants, her inflammatory words will, one hopes, come back to haunt her again and again --- one hopes without more violence to emphasize the point.

I started another thread on Ron Reagan jr. because it's big enough to be its own topic.  You will LOVE what he said about that brainless moron Palin!

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/28518

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com