Seriously, What the F**k is Wrong with Muslims?

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Seriously, What the F**k is Wrong with Muslims?

Saudi Arabia: Girl gets year in jail, 100 lashes for being a rape victim

"The District Court in Jeddah pronounced the verdict on Saturday after the girl confessed that she had a forced sexual intercourse with a man who had offered her a ride."

Sharia Alert from the Kingdom of the Two Holy Places: "Girl gets a year in jail, 100 lashes for adultery," by Adnan Shabrawi from the Saudi Gazette, January 7 (thanks to Joseph):

JEDDAH - A 23-year-old unmarried woman was awarded one-year prison term and 100 lashes for committing adultery and trying to abort the resultant fetus.

The District Court in Jeddah pronounced the verdict on Saturday after the girl confessed that she had a forced sexual intercourse with a man who had offered her a ride. The man, the girl confessed, took her to a rest house, east of Jeddah, where he and four of friends assaulted her all night long.

The girl claimed that she became pregnant soon after and went to King Fahd Hospital for Armed Forces in an attempt to carry out an abortion. She was eight weeks' pregnant then, the hospital confirmed.

According to the ruling, the woman will be sent to a jail outside Jeddah to spend her time and will be lashed after delivery of her baby who will take the mother's last name.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist

Atheistextremist wrote:

Saudi Arabia: Girl gets year in jail, 100 lashes for being a rape victim

"The District Court in Jeddah pronounced the verdict on Saturday after the girl confessed that she had a forced sexual intercourse with a man who had offered her a ride."

Sharia Alert from the Kingdom of the Two Holy Places: "Girl gets a year in jail, 100 lashes for adultery," by Adnan Shabrawi from the Saudi Gazette, January 7 (thanks to Joseph):

JEDDAH - A 23-year-old unmarried woman was awarded one-year prison term and 100 lashes for committing adultery and trying to abort the resultant fetus.

The District Court in Jeddah pronounced the verdict on Saturday after the girl confessed that she had a forced sexual intercourse with a man who had offered her a ride. The man, the girl confessed, took her to a rest house, east of Jeddah, where he and four of friends assaulted her all night long.

The girl claimed that she became pregnant soon after and went to King Fahd Hospital for Armed Forces in an attempt to carry out an abortion. She was eight weeks' pregnant then, the hospital confirmed.

According to the ruling, the woman will be sent to a jail outside Jeddah to spend her time and will be lashed after delivery of her baby who will take the mother's last name.

Yet some in the west think we should "get along". The problem with this is that "get along" depends on tactic. While nearly 7 billion people will never agree, when people suggest political correctness to avoid offending any label, including atheists, shit like this proves my point. You are entitled to your own opinion, you are also entitled to offend me. But you are not entitled to harm others merely because they "offend" you. Otherwise the jackasses who think women are property would be right in this very inhuman act.

Any belief that claims that "they deserved it" merely because of gender, OR ANY LABEL FOR THAT MATTER, deserves the loudest and strongest condemnation.

If anyone deserves punishment, it would be the ass backwards pricks who did this.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

lalib
atheist
lalib's picture
User is offlineOffline
I daresay that Saudi Arabia

I daresay that Saudi Arabia is the most backward country on Earth. 

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Mmmmm

At the risk of inflaming our leftwingers, I think this is the country that should have been targeted after 9/11 and should be the focus of complete international isolation. Pakistan comes second by the merest whisker.

Having said this, it's quite obvious Islam's real victims are its female followers, detractors and powerless minorities. Muslim men behave like pathetic, threatened schoolboys.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
That blasphemous whore

That blasphemous whore probably exposed her flesh, so those man couldn't help but succumb to lust. That's why it's her fault.  

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
That's what happened for sure.

Captain Pineapple is right. Women control us through their ankles and the curves of their necks. Evolutionarily, it makes perfect sense that human females would advertise their fertility and attractiveness and encourage us to impress them.

Why these human fundamentals are such a problem I cannot tell. 

AtheistSam
atheist
AtheistSam's picture
User is offlineOffline
Words fail me --- to think

Words fail me --- to think that you have a country which makes full use of the latest modern gadgets but still behave so barbarically ... 

I think the start of the problem is that the muslim religion (the way it was explained to me by a female muslim) is that it is all about acceptance. Sadly this poor woman in the news story will probably accept her punishment and if she survives the lashing might even consider herself fortunate that her sentence was not stoning! Then, for the rest of her life she will have a child she didn't want, that was forced on her - not fair on her or the child!

Please keep us updated: if we can make a contribution to her legal fees that would be a move in the right direction to support her. 

What Would Jesus Drive? Well, God preferred an old Plymouth, "God drove Adam and Eve out of the garden of Eden in a Fury"; Moses was said to ride a motor bike, "the roar of Moses’ Triumph is heard in the hills", while the apostles would carpool in a Honda, "the apostles were in one Accord".

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
According to my most

According to my most radicalised muslim buddy, me being shocked by cases like that is due to western culture being too "feminised".

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
Can we stop being poliically

Can we stop being poliically correct about "The Religion of peace"???

Masagonyst, sado-masochistic, totalitarian doctrine does not spawn a culture of nice people.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist wrote: At

Atheistextremist wrote:

At the risk of inflaming our leftwingers, I think this is the country that should have been targeted after 9/11 and should be the focus of complete international isolation. Pakistan comes second by the merest whisker.

Having said this, it's quite obvious Islam's real victims are its female followers, detractors and powerless minorities. Muslim men behave like pathetic, threatened schoolboys.

Lets not make this about gender roles by calling them school boys. It is true that they use religion to keep women down, but so has Christianity in America's history.

What makes them wrong, is not their penis. What makes them wrong is their bad use of logic rooted in myth.

I was taking a PE class in college where we went bowling, a female beat me. She put herself down by saying, "It sucks to be beaten by a girl doesn't it"? I thought to myself, "No, it sucks to be beaten" She knocked down more pins than I did, her vagina and my penis didn't change the outcome.

THAT is the delusion they suffer from, I don't think it is wise to play into that by calling them "school boys". It is certainly backwards insecurity rooted in myth that causes it, but it should not be about their gender, but their bad logic that causes them to be stuck in gender roles.

Muslim men ARE insecure bullies in that context, but it is not their sex that causes it, it is their history of religious delusion that causes it. They treat men of other sects and other religions in the same minority manor they do women.

I look at it this way. If a EMT is a woman or gay or black or Christian or Muslim, and they save my life, why should I give a shit what their belief is or what is between their legs?

Same thing if a female police officer stops someone from assaulting me. Why should I care what is between someone's legs as long as they are protecting me?

I would have loved to have someone like Xena Warrior Princess as a girlfriend in high school when the jocks picked on me.

I wish humanity would get beyond gender and labels and sexuality. Of course there are differences, but just like life, there are no absolutes and everything is pointing to being a range.

So when someone says, "you fight like a girl" I would say, which one because some "girls" can kick my ass. I don't think losing to females in a sport or in life is anything to be ashamed of. If you lose at something, or someone does better than you at something, it just means you lost, it doesn't make them better at all things, and it doesn't make you bad for losing. It just means you can learn from the experience.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Rich Woods wrote:Can we stop

Rich Woods wrote:

Can we stop being poliically correct about "The Religion of peace"???

Masagonyst, sado-masochistic, totalitarian doctrine does not spawn a culture of nice people.

I don't like political correctness one bit. BUT, in the rightful condemnation of violent Muslims based on religious text, you need to take into account that ANY form of dogmatism when left unchecked is dangerous. Hitler was a violent fuck who used dogmatism to lead to the mass genocide of Jews, and he was not a Muslim. Christians make the false argument that theirs is a peaceful religion, failing to take into account HISTORY. It was in spite of Christianity that we have become civil, not because of it.

There is plenty of text in the bible that can and is still used as a justification for violence, otherwise there wouldn't be deluded fuckwads shooting abortion doctors.

The Middle East's version of Islam is a religion of violence. But it is delusional to think that you can wipe out an entire religion. You can only put a leash on it. Which is what the Age of Enlightenment was and what gave rise to secular governments.

Since all religious texts are open to interpretation, and is what can lead to violence, which Christians did with blacks and used to suppress women and attack gays today, to say that Christianity is not a religion of violence is absurd. It is forced by the idea of secularism and neutral law to behave itself.

There is plenty in the bible that is still used today to justify acts of violence. It has merely had a leash put on it by the concept of government neutrality common law.

So I say go for it in blaspheming Islam, but keep in mind that all forms of unchecked dogmatism are dangerous. The idea of blind following without question can arise in things that create cults like Jonestown which can create the dogmatism of Stalin which can cause the dogmatism in Islam.

You cant stop the world from having delusions, but you can set up a system that can keep all forms of monopolies from taking hold.

I would suggest rather than focusing on Islam, which is merely the label, I'd point out that the rightful condamnation of their currently violent religion can change through pointing out the mundane human behavior of group think, which is what they suffer from. If we can appeal to Muslims to break rank with the violent people in their club, they will eventually get to the point the west has. But it is delusional to think we can rid the world of it. We can only regulate it and minimize the harm it does. Just like a chronic disease might stay with you your entire life. Trying to wipe it out might kill you, but if you use medicine to maintain it, you can live with it.

Don't get me wrong, I think all gods die and will become myths to future generations. I simply warn against missing the context of history and the fact that Christianity and even worship of the state can be just as violent as Islam in the east is today.

If you are using any text to justify violence towards others you are using that text as a weapon, be it one abortion doctor killer, be it a Muslim Suicide Bomber, or Min Kompf. The only difference between the three is degree of the amount of violence and the popularity of the belief in the culture of the time.

Group think without the ability to question is what Islam is suffering from. But it wasn't that long ago that people picked up Bibles and said "BURN HER, SHE IS A WITCH". I don't see that as being any different than "blow this bus full of Jews up" or "God likes blond haired blue eyed Germans". Or any different than, "Obey me and the state of Russia will feed you".

It is a religion of violence in the sense that it hasn't had a leash put on it like Christianity has. But any pit bull has the potential to do harm if not properly trained and put on a leash.

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist wrote:At

Atheistextremist wrote:

I get labeled left winger often enough, I might as well respond.  Unless "left" is different in OZ than in the US.

Here, it would be the "right" who supported GW Bush and Co that might be upset about invading Iraq.  Most of us lefties would jump on your bandwagon.  Iraq was never a problem, let alone the source of this problem, it was Saudis that brought the planes down for the most part.  It never made any sense to invade Iraq. 

The supposed document - that was later revealed to be believed by the CIA before the invasion as a fraud - that demonstrated Iraq buying weapon grade uranium read like a badly worded rip off of the hoary Nigerian scam emails.

There were no WMA, never were any WMA, and what little biological and chemical weapons Iraq did have were pathetic.  On top of which, as should have been by now clearly demonstrated, the only person keeping Iraq from being torn apart by religious fanatics was the secular regime of a hard nose dictator.

And anyone who believed the bull pucky about overthrowing Saddam Hussein taking only a few months and a mere - what did GW say again? - yeah, $73 million US - really should have their head examined.

And back to the OP - right, I'm sure men go crazy and start frantically masturbating when I walk down the street in jeans and sweater.  </sarcasm>

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

Whatthedeuce
atheist
Whatthedeuce's picture
User is offlineOffline
Why is everyone so angry

Why is everyone so angry about this. It is clearly her fault. If she had made sure a male relative was with her when she went out, this never would have happened. The worthless whore was practically begging for it.

I don't understand why the Christians I meet find it so confusing that I care about the fact that they are wasting huge amounts of time and resources playing with their imaginary friend. Even non-confrontational religion hurts atheists because we live in a society which is constantly wasting resources and rejecting rational thinking.

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I have no problem with

Brian37 wrote:

Group think without the ability to question is what Islam is suffering from. But it wasn't that long ago that people picked up Bibles and said "BURN HER, SHE IS A WITCH". I don't see that as being any different than "blow this bus full of Jews up" or "God likes blond haired blue eyed Germans". Or any different than, "Obey me and the state of Russia will feed you".

It is a religion of violence in the sense that it hasn't had a leash put on it like Christianity has. But any pit bull has the potential to do harm if not properly trained and put on a leash.

What you are saying here. I do have my worries, but there's nothing muslims do that the puritans/catholics of the 1500s would not have cheerfully undertaken given similar hardware. Still. The world is different now and so is the balance of influence.

Voices of dissent in Islamic nations are crushed leaving a poisoning doctrine formenting in its holy places unbridled by reason or respect for individual rights. There used to be 25 per cent other religions in Pakistan, now it's 3 per cent. Where did the others go? Then there are those stories of massacres of christians in Turkey during WW2. What was it? 2 million murdered? I'm quoting from memory so question it if you like.

I wouldn't live in a muslim majority country and the idea of living in a country with even ten per cent muslims is odious to me in the extreme. To put this in context, I would not be able to handle a religious nation of the sort that existed anywhere in Europe 300-400 years ago. As soon as I saw some one burned at the stake or branded for blasphemy I'd turn.

B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fucking evil humans...

These fucking Abrahamic religions are fucking monstrous, yet many (most) of their followers can't (won't or refuse to) understand how a person could be moral without their invisible sky dictator. I'm just wonder how a person could be moral with it...

I wish there was something we could do, but many of these young women are so indoctrinated from day one into thinking that there is something really wrong with them to the point of thinking that they deserve what they get.

I don't understand people and I probably never will. All I know is that the more I see of human's and their primitive interactions, the more cemented my misanthropic ways become. I wish I could help end the suffering of all life, but some lifeforms on this planet seem to deserve the hellish nightmares they scare and torment others with. It's shit like this that makes the .44 q-tip seem like a pretty good idea...

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!

rebecca.williamson
atheist
User is offlineOffline
  That is fucking

That is fucking rediculous! Yeah, I wonder where their train of thought comes from.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
B166ER wrote:These fucking

B166ER wrote:

These fucking Abrahamic religions are fucking monstrous, yet many (most) of their followers can't (won't or refuse to) understand how a person could be moral without their invisible sky dictator. I'm just wonder how a person could be moral with it...

I wish there was something we could do, but many of these young women are so indoctrinated from day one into thinking that there is something really wrong with them to the point of thinking that they deserve what they get.

I don't understand people and I probably never will. All I know is that the more I see of human's and their primitive interactions, the more cemented my misanthropic ways become. I wish I could help end the suffering of all life, but some lifeforms on this planet seem to deserve the hellish nightmares they scare and torment others with. It's shit like this that makes the .44 q-tip seem like a pretty good idea...

Well, for someone who is wholeheartedly unafraid and happy to call the Pope a dick and Allah an asshole, we are still all human, no matter how much we might hate someone else's claims or actions. The worst thing we can do is act in the same violent manor we may rightfully accuse others of. If someone doesn't break the cycle, it maintains tit for tat.

Fight with your words, not your fists.

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I agree with this but there are dangers.

Brian37 wrote:

B166ER wrote:

Well, for someone who is wholeheartedly unafraid and happy to call the Pope a dick and Allah an asshole, we are still all human, no matter how much we might hate someone else's claims or actions. The worst thing we can do is act in the same violent manor we may rightfully accuse others of. If someone doesn't break the cycle, it maintains tit for tat.

Fight with your words, not your fists.

In some book I read recently some guy - maybe it was the English chemist Boyle or the physician Willis, observed during the 30 years war in France in the mid-1600s that violence achieved nothing and it was best to use soft words and a firm argument. The problem I have with this, however, arrives when the foe is prepared to use whatever means they can to oppress the majority.

What happens when tolerance is on one side only? I guess all we can do is wear the blows and imprison those who act against the civil rights of all as enshrined in our constitutions. A further worry for me is how effective this is when you have a very large un-integrated section of society that refuses to acknowledge the authority of the elected government as taking precedence over their violent sky fairy. What then?

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
Didn't British PM Neville

Didn't British PM Neville Chamberlain try the talking approach with Hitler? That obviously worked .

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology