Football Weekend

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Football Weekend

I love the playoffs, especially when my team of the year is in them. The Jets provide yet one more heart stopping game almost makes you wonder if they TRY to make sure the last play of the game is the one that wins it.

Now all we have to do is beat the Pats, then probably the Steelers and superbowl against the Falcons..... Man they are screwed. Seriously, is it possible to have a harder playoff schedule? 

Well, time to put on my game face, cross my fingers and hope like a theist. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Beyond Saving wrote: I love

Beyond Saving wrote:

I love the playoffs, especially when my team of the year is in them. The Jets provide yet one more heart stopping game almost makes you wonder if they TRY to make sure the last play of the game is the one that wins it.

Now all we have to do is beat the Pats, then probably the Steelers and superbowl against the Falcons..... Man they are screwed. Seriously, is it possible to have a harder playoff schedule? 

Well, time to put on my game face, cross my fingers and hope like a theist. 

"Hope" is fine, but the difference between you and a theist is that if the Jets don't make it to the big dance, you'll blame it on the point total at the end of the game and player preformence and not lucky socks or invisible friends. Conversely, if they do make it to the big dance, you wont thank lucky socks or invisible friends.

I "hope" someday my Redskins won't suck so bad, but I don't attribute any success or failure they have to Ouija Boards, republican conspiracy, little green men, or invisible friends. The only way they will get better is to build a balanced game, better offensive line, and ultimately more wins at the end of the regular season.

I don't hate the Jets, but going back to their awful throwback uniforms from the Namath days. YUCK! I liked the uniform they had in the 80s. This uniform looks like it should be sponsored by John Deer.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
JesusNEVERexisted's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey fellow NFL playoff fans,

Hey fellow NFL playoff fans, wasn't that an AMAZING SHOCKING upset by the Seagals...err...Seahawks?  LOL

The first team in NFL history to EVER make the playoffs with a losing record and they beat the defending Superbowl Champs! The 'Aints defense was atrocious, especially the secondary. It could've been the greatest non-Super Bowl playoff game I've EVER seen!

Hasselbeck had a career game with a 113.0 QB rating and 4 TDs!  Lynch had a 67 yard gamebreaking run when the Seahawks REALLY needed it!

Sure, they'll probably lose next week but I give them at least a 45% chance of winning!

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:Hey

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:

Hey fellow NFL playoff fans, wasn't that an AMAZING SHOCKING upset by the Seagals...err...Seahawks?  LOL

The first team in NFL history to EVER make the playoffs with a losing record and they beat the defending Superbowl Champs! The 'Aints defense was atrocious, especially the secondary. It could've been the greatest non-Super Bowl playoff game I've EVER seen!

Hasselbeck had a career game with a 113.0 QB rating and 4 TDs!  Lynch had a 67 yard gamebreaking run when the Seahawks REALLY needed it!

Sure, they'll probably lose next week but I give them at least a 45% chance of winning!

Yeah, that was a heck of a game.

45% I think that is way too high. They will be playing the Falcons who have been far more consistent than the Saints. If anything, I think yesterdays upset paved the way for the Falcons to get to the Superbowl. The next two games for them are really theirs to lose.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wow, like ah just WOW!!!

Hell froze over, pigs can fly (they had boarding passes) and the Seahawks beat the Saints. The only real miracle I've seen in sports was the '69 Mets, is anyone here old enough to remember that summer?    The Seahawks yesturday come a distent second.

On this site I predicted my beloved Patriots  and their Lord God Tom of Brady would beat the crap out of the hapless Cleveland Browns; boy was I WRONG!! in spades!!  The Browns handed Brady and the Pats' their asses on a brown platter.  Since my embarrasment I do not make pre-game predictions and the Patriots have kicked ass since including spanking the Jets 45 to 3. 

I can hardly wait for next Sunday.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick

Jeffrick wrote:

Hell froze over, pigs can fly (they had boarding passes) and the Seahawks beat the Saints. The only real miracle I've seen in sports was the '69 Mets, is anyone here old enough to remember that summer?    The Seahawks yesturday come a distent second.

On this site I predicted my beloved Patriots  and their Lord God Tom of Brady would beat the crap out of the hapless Cleveland Browns; boy was I WRONG!! in spades!!  The Browns handed Brady and the Pats' their asses on a brown platter.  Since my embarrasment I do not make pre-game predictions and the Patriots have kicked ass since including spanking the Jets 45 to 3. 

I can hardly wait for next Sunday.

Lol, I predicted that the Jets would beat the pats in that game. Boy was I wrong  

It should be a fun rematch next time around though if the Jets defense shows up like they did yesterday.

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:

45% I think that is way too high. They will be playing the Falcons who have been far more consistent than the Saints. If anything, I think yesterdays upset paved the way for the Falcons to get to the Superbowl. The next two games for them are really theirs to lose.

Oh, I didn't know they were playing the Falcons! The game this evening between the Pack and Eagles won't have any impact?

Since it's the Falcons I reduce that to 35%.   Remember if Hasselbeck plays like he did yesterday he woud be BETTER than Matt Ryan.  In the NFL you know the saying, "Any given Sunday".  It's a one game playoff so anything can happen!

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusNEVERexisted

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:

Oh, I didn't know they were playing the Falcons! The game this evening between the Pack and Eagles won't have any impact?

Since it's the Falcons I reduce that to 35%.   Remember if Hasselbeck plays like he did yesterday he woud be BETTER than Matt Ryan.  In the NFL you know the saying, "Any given Sunday".  It's a one game playoff so anything can happen!

It does, but I am predicting that the Iggles are going to win. I think if Iggles win they play the Falcons and if GB wins they play the Bears. Although even against the Bears I think 45% is being a little generous.

edit: Hasselbeck would have to play like that and the Falcons defense would have to play as poorly as the Saints defense did yesterday. Not to take away from Hasselbeck's performance but he had some help from a defense that played far worse than they are capable of, the Saints defense should be really embarrassed today.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:Hey

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:

I don't understand that, I thought it was possible to win your division and still not make the playoffs. Has that ever happened?  In other words have an entire division suck donkey balls.

But it would be neat to see the Seahawks win the Super Bowl, however unlikely. That would be the crappiest record for a Super Bowl winner. The worst record to make the Super Bowl, but not win, was 9-7, and the worst record to win the Super Bowl is 10=6 in the regular season. If the Seahawks win the Super Bowl, HOWEVER UNLIKELY, I don't think that record would be beaten.

I still don't understand how a 7-9 team even makes the playoffs. I am just glad they beat the Saints. I was happy for the city of NO last year, but in principle, the name alone is worth rooting against.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Jeffrick wrote: . The only

Jeffrick wrote:
. The only real miracle I've seen in sports was the '69 Mets, is anyone here old enough to remember that summer? 

I am not a baseball fan but I do know about the "69 Mets" because they were used as a punch line in the TV show Moonlighting with Bruce Willace and Syble Sheppard.

In the episode they couldnt figure out why something had happened. David took the "it could happen" position and Maddie took the "no, there has to be a natural reason for what happened" position.

David sighes and says "God" pauses....."God....there you go....everyone believes in God"(Notices Maddies indifference) he suddenly shouts "How could you not"

Then they argue over different things people believe in Maddie takes the skeptics approach and David asks, "What about the 69 Mets?"

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Brian37

Brian37 wrote:

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:

I don't understand that, I thought it was possible to win your division and still not make the playoffs. Has that ever happened?  In other words have an entire division suck donkey balls.

But it would be neat to see the Seahawks win the Super Bowl, however unlikely. That would be the crappiest record for a Super Bowl winner. The worst record to make the Super Bowl, but not win, was 9-7, and the worst record to win the Super Bowl is 10=6 in the regular season. If the Seahawks win the Super Bowl, HOWEVER UNLIKELY, I don't think that record would be beaten.

I still don't understand how a 7-9 team even makes the playoffs. I am just glad they beat the Saints. I was happy for the city of NO last year, but in principle, the name alone is worth rooting against.

LOL..that's hilarious! But what the hell is the Saints logo?? It looks like some kind of an arrow or something.  HA HA! It's not a cross! That would NOT be allowed.

In the NFL if you win your division you ALWAYS make the playoffs PLUS first round bye with home field advantage in the first round! I agree a 7-9 team shouldn't make the playoffs but I'm rooting for the Seagals since they are the ULTIMATE underdog!!

What do you guys think about his weekend's games?  I hope da Seahawks win and I give them at least a 30% chance but the Bears will probably win.  Here are my predictions:

Bears 17 Seahawks 13

Patriots 38 Jets 23

Steelers 21 Ravens 17

Falcons 30 Packers 24

What do you guys prognosticate?

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'll try.

Seahawks 26   Bears  24

Jets @ Patriots [ No prediction; read post #4 above]

Ravens 17   Steelers 14

Packers 28  Falcon 20

And I reserve the right to deny I ever wrote this post.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:

Looks like you need some saving after all since the Seahawks will be playing the Bears not the Falcons!

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick

Jeffrick wrote:

Seahawks 26   Bears  24

Jets @ Patriots [ No prediction; read post #4 above]

Ravens 17   Steelers 14

Packers 28  Falcon 20

And I reserve the right to deny I ever wrote this post.

Wow, you're really going out on a limb and picking the Seagals? Hope you're right.  That would amazing to see a team with a LOSING record in the NFC champoinship!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
JesusNEVERexisted

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:

LOL..that's hilarious! But what the hell is the Saints logo?? It looks like some kind of an arrow or something.  HA HA! It's not a cross! That would NOT be allowed.

In the NFL if you win your division you ALWAYS make the playoffs PLUS first round bye with home field advantage in the first round! I agree a 7-9 team shouldn't make the playoffs but I'm rooting for the Seagals since they are the ULTIMATE underdog!!

What do you guys think about his weekend's games?  I hope da Seahawks win and I give them at least a 30% chance but the Bears will probably win.  Here are my predictions:

Bears 17 Seahawks 13

Patriots 38 Jets 23

Steelers 21 Ravens 17

Falcons 30 Packers 24

If I am not mistaken, the Saints symbol is a harvest symbol, like a bundle of straw or wheat?

EDIT, actually, I just looked it up. It has had many meanings tracing back to ancient times, but the most current meaning seems to be the symbol of the French Royal Family's history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fleur-de-lis

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
In all these games I predict

In all these games I predict that someone will win and someone will lose.

But I am a fan of the underdog and I am rooting for the Seahawks.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusNEVERexisted

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:

Bears 17 Seahawks 13

Patriots 38 Jets 23

Steelers 21 Ravens 17

Falcons 30 Packers 24

It is a fleur-de-lis which is a French symbol most notably used as the symbol for the Bourbon Kings. It is also used by the Boy Scouts and several military organizations around the world. Most likely the Saints use it to represent New Orleans heritage as a French city. 

As for my predictions I am too late to predict yesterdays games. I didn't even get a chance to watch them, which is unfortunate because I really would have enjoyed watching Green Bay spank Atlanta. I think your 30% chance on the Seahawks is probably in the ball park. 

Bears 21 Seahawks 10

Jets 20  Patriots 17 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:

Bears 17 Seahawks 13

Patriots 38 Jets 23

Steelers 21 Ravens 17

Falcons 30 Packers 24

It is a fleur-de-lis which is a French symbol most notably used as the symbol for the Bourbon Kings. It is also used by the Boy Scouts and several military organizations around the world. Most likely the Saints use it to represent New Orleans heritage as a French city. 

As for my predictions I am too late to predict yesterdays games. I didn't even get a chance to watch them, which is unfortunate because I really would have enjoyed watching Green Bay spank Atlanta. I think your 30% chance on the Seahawks is probably in the ball park. 

Bears 21 Seahawks 10

Jets 20  Patriots 17 

If I was reading the wiki article correctly on the Saint's symbol, it even goes back further than the French history. It goes back to Mesopotamian decorations of the Babylonian era.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 GO JETS!!! Two down, two

GO JETS!!!

Two down, two to go. I think the Jets have a really good chance against the Steelers. They did it once, they can do it again.

For the other game I have to pick the Bears. I hope the Packers win because I think the Jets defense plays better against the Packers but I think the Bears are going to pull out ahead in a high scoring close game.  

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Those some good games over

Those were some good games over the weekend but what a COLLAPSE by the Ravens! They were up 21-7 at halftime and FINALLY it looked like they could beat the Steelers in the playoffs and then have an epic collapse!!

The Falcons are a  disgrace! How can you have the number 1 seed in the entire NFC and play like you don't even belong in the playoffs?? They took MANY steps backward!

Can anyone tell me what you think went wrong with the Falcons and why they didn't play like the number 1 seed and more like the last seed?

Lee2216
Theist
Lee2216's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusNEVERexisted

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:

Those were some good games over the weekend but what a COLLAPSE by the Ravens! They were up 21-7 at halftime and FINALLY it looked like they could beat the Steelers in the playoffs and then have an epic collapse!!

The Falcons are a  disgrace! How can you have the number 1 seed in the entire NFC and play like you don't even belong in the playoffs?? They took MANY steps backward!

Can anyone tell me what you think went wrong with the Falcons and why they didn't play like the number 1 seed and more like last seed?

Simply put, I think the Packers are a better team. Look at the QB position, I think Matt Ryan will be a good one but Rogers has more playoff experience. Also, I think the Falcons 1 seed was a little deceptive because I believe they had an easier schedule (NFC West) than the Packers.

For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse. Romans 1:20

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Lee2216

Lee2216 wrote:

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:

Can anyone tell me what you think went wrong with the Falcons and why they didn't play like the number 1 seed and more like last seed?

Simply put, I think the Packers are a better team. Look at the QB position, I think Matt Ryan will be a good one but Rogers has more playoff experience. Also, I think the Falcons 1 seed was a little deceptive because I believe they had an easier schedule (NFC West) than the Packers.

Damn, the FalCONS sure fooled a lot of people with that great record and number 1 seed in the NFC!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Birdy birdy in the sky,

Birdy birdy in the sky, why'd you doo doo in your own eye?

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Well Jets, you failed me.

Well Jets, you failed me. What kind of a crappy first half was that? At least I got a little juice flowing in the second half as it looked like a fourth quarter comeback might happen. Honestly, I am a little surprised they made it as far as they did. It was a fun NFL season for me. Now my time as a Jets fan is finished, it is time to choose a new team to support for 2012. 

Right now I am liking the Vikings. If the Vikings can pickup a good QB in the off season they will have a great chance. A new head coach with a new QB in a team that is fundamentally very strong, should be a good bet.

I am also liking the Texans, I think they will be serious contenders next year but are still getting long shot odds.

Anyway, for the Superbowl, Go Packers!  

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Beyond Saving wrote: Well

Beyond Saving wrote:

Well Jets, you failed me. What kind of a crappy first half was that? At least I got a little juice flowing in the second half as it looked like a fourth quarter comeback might happen. Honestly, I am a little surprised they made it as far as they did. It was a fun NFL season for me. Now my time as a Jets fan is finished, it is time to choose a new team to support for 2012. 

Right now I am liking the Vikings. If the Vikings can pickup a good QB in the off season they will have a great chance. A new head coach with a new QB in a team that is fundamentally very strong, should be a good bet.

I am also liking the Texans, I think they will be serious contenders next year but are still getting long shot odds.

Anyway, for the Superbowl, Go Packers!  

The Jets failed you? Cry me a river bud. When the Eagles score 35 points in ONE quarter and makes you look look like a Ray Comfort argument, then you can bitch. At least your team made it to the playoffs. 

And as far as the big dance, GO STEELERS!