Malaysian man dumps wife for being a demon

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Malaysian man dumps wife for being a demon

Posted 7 hours 20 minutes ago

A Malaysian man abandoned his wife after a temple medium convinced him she was a demon who wanted to kill him.

The Star newspaper quotes the wife, who gave her name as Loh, as saying her factory-manager husband now wants a divorce and also refuses to meet their two teenage children for fear his wife will use them to kill him.

"The medium told my husband I had been casting spells on him for the past 15 years," Loh was quoted as telling a news conference in Kuala Lumpur on Thursday.

"He refused to eat or drink at home because he thought I poisoned the food."

Loh says the medium was heavily in debt and likely taking advantage of her husband, who had withdrawn their children's savings before deserting the family.

Malaysians often seek spiritual aid from an assortment of faith healers, mediums and witch doctors to solve personal problems and work issues.

But there has been a steady increase in complaints of cheating and sexual abuse, which has prompted the government to announce it will table a bill this year requiring faith healers to register with the Ministry of Health.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/01/06/3107596.htm

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sure, it sounds silly

But I've had a very similar experience...

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
AtheistExtremist wrote:a temple medium convinced him

As Albert Einstein once said "never under-estimate stupidity".

Signature ? How ?

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 There were periods in my

There were periods in my marriage where I could have been convinced she was a demon.