Just saying Hi

Anonymous
User is offlineOffline
Just saying Hi

I like this rationalresponders a lot so I decided to join and contribute something worthwhile! You won't be disappointed with what I know which rarely anyone knows!

muhammadkhan6 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Let me just tell you about

Let me just tell you about myself so you will get to better know me:

I believe in the Quran but in a very different interpretion then the mainstream you know. 

I belive in God but I don't believe he created this world.

Thats all I want to say for now.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forum.What is

Welcome to the forum.

What is it that you know that almost nobody else knows? Please don't disappoint me.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
muhammadkhan6 wrote:I

muhammadkhan6 wrote:

I believe in the Quran but in a very different interpretion then the mainstream you know. 

That doesn't represent any significant distinction about theism.

muhammadkhan6 wrote:

Like I said, that doesn't make any significant distinction, in the exact same way saying one believes in the tooth fairy, but doesn't believe about the 'dental' portion of the myth...

If you're trying to build some sort of anticipation as to your personal feelings, you're simply wasting time, and illustrating that you do not have the confidence of your convictions.

Yawn....

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris

muhammadkhan6 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
redneF wrote:muhammadkhan6

redneF wrote:

muhammadkhan6 wrote:

That doesn't represent any significant distinction about theism.

muhammadkhan6 wrote:

Like I said, that doesn't make any significant distinction, in the exact same way saying one believes in the tooth fairy, but doesn't believe about the 'dental' portion of the myth...

If you're trying to build some sort of anticipation as to your personal feelings, you're simply wasting time, and illustrating that you do not have the confidence of your convictions.

Yawn....

I will prove your wrong about your assumptions.  And maybe you should read the illusion of superiority

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
muhammadkhan6 wrote:I will

muhammadkhan6 wrote:

I will prove your wrong about your assumptions. 

That's quite an assumption...

muhammadkhan6 wrote:
And maybe you should read the illusion of superiority 

Physician, heal thyself...

from 'fundamental attribution error'...

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey there, Mo.

Welcome to the forum. I think it's fair to say that we all have tendencies towards confirmation biases, superiority biases, cognitive blindspots and all the rest. The more you read about these things the more apparent it is that the human brain is a clunky piece of shit that spends most its time trying to save energy by taking shortcuts and making lazy generalisations.

In any case, if you have any conclusive proof of the existence of the lord your god, feel free to dish it up. Is it true to say that you believe the Koran (whichever version you favour) is the word of god, flawless and inviolate? And do you think it's the most beautiful book ever written? I tend to think the most beautiful book ever written was Omar Khayyam's Rubayait but such judgments tend to the subjective.

It's nice to meet a muslim on the forum. We had an atheist from Kabul here for a while but something happened to him. Apparently the mullah at his local chapel found during prayers he wasn't chanting from the Koran but reading a Biggles book. In any case, it's not the same as having a proper muslim to talk to. Do you believe in the Caliphate?

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

lalib
atheist
lalib's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Hello and welcome to the

Hello and welcome to the forums Muhammad (I say welcome though I have only been here a few days myself). As you will come to find out, I used to be a Muslim, perhaps we can enlighten each other and understand the position the other is coming from. 

Let's hear some of that unknown knowledge you were claiming.

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
muhammadkhan6 wrote:Let me

muhammadkhan6 wrote:

Let me just tell you about myself so you will get to better know me:

Thats all I want to say for now.

Exactly how did you come by this particular interpretation ?

What evidence do you have that you believe would demonstrate your interpretation of the Quran as the "correct" interpretation ?

What are your feelings towards Muslims and Christians that do not share your views ?

I am interested in hearing what you may have to say about this.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Koran is nothing but a

The Koran is nothing but a rewritten re-arranged version of the old Hebrew/Christian books with characters added and subtracted. It is merely a spin off of older traditions. It is the last "new" spin off of the god of Abraham.

ALL holy books are human written, by humans. The god/s they claim are not real. Muhammad, while he may have existed, was NOT a prophet anymore than lighting was made by a god named Thor.

The Jews are not "chosen people". Christians are not "Chosen people" and neither are Muslims. They are all merely fans of an ancient book who believe in their god character whom they believe chose them.

And all this wonderful conflict between these three over "daddy loves me best". I would hardly call human violence and division the work of a god, unless you want to claim he is a prick who enjoys watching us kill each other.

It is nice to see a Muslim here in any case. Now while my words are blasphemous, in no way are they a personal attack on you. Merely a blunt criticism of your claim of this alleged character you believe to be real.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
muhammadkhan6 wrote:I will

muhammadkhan6 wrote:
I will prove your wrong about your assumptions.

Okay. Hurry up. Prove that your particular religious beliefs are correct using reason and evidence and convert everyone here.

What are you waiting for? I am dying to witness the awesomeness of your argument.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
I do hope you are giving due

I do hope you are giving due consideration to the possibility that you might be laboring under an "illusion of superiority" yourself, and may have based your belief in God and your interpretation of the Q'uran on an illusion.

You will have achieved a historic first if you actually have evidence beyond personal experience to justify your position.

We are genuinely interested in anyone who can offer us a fresh perspective on religious beliefs.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Somebody give him a drum

Somebody give him a drum roll already...

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh, I get it.... Much like

Oh, I get it....

Much like religion,....the lack of evidence that would demonstrate any parts of your claim, is not supposed to deter us from 'believing', and having 'faith' that what you say, is real!

I get it now!

Ha,ha!

Good one!........

Not!

connerman
atheist
connerman's picture
User is offlineOffline
How complete and utterly

How complete and utterly anticlimactic.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
BobSpence1 wrote:I do hope

BobSpence1 wrote:

I do hope you are giving due consideration to the possibility that you might be laboring under an "illusion of superiority" yourself, and may have based your belief in God and your interpretation of the Q'uran on an illusion.

You will have achieved a historic first if you actually have evidence beyond personal experience to justify your position.

We are genuinely interested in anyone who can offer us a fresh perspective on religious beliefs.

Yea, "fresh perspective"? Do you buy your hot dogs at the Quicky Mart Apu works at? You eat one of those and you will be seeing colors and end up in the hospital.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
muhammadkhan6 wrote:I like

muhammadkhan6 wrote:

I like this rationalresponders a lot so I decided to join and contribute something worthwhile! You won't be disappointed with what I know which rarely anyone knows!

Well, it looks like I am going to be disappointed. I may never know what it is that he knows that everyone else rarely knows. Unless there are others that know, what he knows, that others rarely know. I guess I can only hope someone shows up that knows.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

connerman
atheist
connerman's picture
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster

harleysportster wrote:

muhammadkhan6 wrote:

Well, it looks like I am going to be disappointed. I may never know what it is that he knows that everyone else rarely knows. Unless there are others that know, what he knows, that others rarely know. I guess I can only hope someone shows up that knows.

Hey I know. Wait, damn. Forgot what it was that I know.

Understanding that there is no purpose in the Universe frees us all to find one.

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster

harleysportster wrote:

muhammadkhan6 wrote:

hehe, it's like he forgot the punchline to this joke... this must be what it's like to have a philosophical conversation in an alzhiemer ridden old age home.  He's probably going to come back with "42". Smiling

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc