Hello

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Hello

I am now an agnostic atheist (as of 10 minutes ago), an ex agnostic.  I want to say cudos to http://www.rationalresponders.com/am_i_agnostic_or_atheist, very good article.  I have come across this site through Pat Condell's site and find the content very intriguing.  I'm a strong supporter of free thinking and despise superstition and accepted misinformation (my one thing that I love to hate is homeopathy).  My interests are physics, philosophy and technology and I work in telecommunications.  I look forward to the science forums.   

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome

I be from Canada near Toronto. If you have it in for homeopathy you might have an interest in James Randi' s videos on the subject.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ktulu

Welcome aboard. You wouldn't happen to be a fan of H.P. Lovecraft by any chance would you ? Cthulhlu was one of my favorite creations of his.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Blake
atheistScience Freak
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forums! 

Welcome to RRS!  Great to seem somebody who can find information and change his or her mind on matters.  Open minded people are rare.  Hope to see your posts around soon.

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
:)

Yes, though the name comes from a Metallica song "The call of Ktulu"... I used to think it was very cool back in the day, and in the BBS days I used it as my handle name.  It got me to read Lovecraft's Necronomicon.  Though the spellings are different I chose to stick to my original screen name.

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I also live around TO

I'm also from Ontario around Toronto Smiling.... I've read quite a bit on the subject.  We must hate the same guy on CP24 news channel... http://www.cp24.com/wyldehealth/ .  I'm not a violent person but I smile every time I think of kicking this guy in the teeth... It gets me through the day... 

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Howy neighbor.

Ktulu wrote:

I'm also from Ontario around Toronto Smiling.... I've read quite a bit on the subject.  We must hate the same guy on CP24 news channel... http://www.cp24.com/wyldehealth/ .  I'm not a violent person but I smile every time I think of kicking this guy in the teeth... It gets me through the day... 

I am at Hwy #10 & Eglington, Missy. Where exactly are you?   Let's get organized and stop these assholes. Next meeting of Halton/Peel humanist assc. is this Thursday at 6:00 on Creditview, with a meetup at restaurant in Streetsville [circa] 7:00 can you make eather one?

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
meeting

Jeffrick wrote:

I am at Hwy #10 & Eglington, Missy. Where exactly are you?   Let's get organized and stop these assholes. Next meeting of Halton/Peel humanist assc. is this Thursday at 6:00 on Creditview, with a meetup at restaurant in Streetsville [circa] 7:00 can you make eather one?

You have no idea how badly I would love to.  Unfortunately, I have a busy job and 3 little ones that keep me busier still.  I live past Hamilton around Grimsby but work in Burlington.  I'm not using my life as an excuse but I'm afraid I have to take a back seat on the action and support you guys in spirit for now Smiling

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Hello and WelcomeAnother

Hello and Welcome

Another canuck eh? I am in toronto myself and you meet jeffrick already (Hey Jeffrick sorry I haven't responded, been working like mad lately and was in windsor for a month when ya called me). I have to agree with you about the health guy on CityTv, I find it funny that if homeopathy worked, it would be used as actual medicine and be used and recommended by doctors..alas most of it isn't for a reason, it doesn't work. Awwww well. Hope you enjoy this forum.

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey Ktulu

Pleased to meet you.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ktulu wrote: I am now an

Ktulu wrote:

I am now an agnostic atheist (as of 10 minutes ago), an ex agnostic.  I want to say cudos to http://www.rationalresponders.com/am_i_agnostic_or_atheist, very good article.  I have come across this site through Pat Condell's site and find the content very intriguing.  I'm a strong supporter of free thinking and despise superstition and accepted misinformation (my one thing that I love to hate is homeopathy).  My interests are physics, philosophy and technology and I work in telecommunications.  I look forward to the science forums.   

Make sure you pick up your recipe book for barbecue kitten on the way in and give an account of the NFL without their permission.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare