Quebec:No religion in subsidized daycares

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Quebec:No religion in subsidized daycares

The schools in Canada teach religion as a mythology course, can we get it here in the USA  ?   www.care2.com/causes/education/blog/quebec-no-rel

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Ken G. wrote: no religion in daycares !

Page not found ?

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
JesusNEVERexisted's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ken G. wrote:       

Ken G. wrote:

Page not found ?

The link doesn't work for me either. Correct link please?

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
 http://www.care2.com/causes

http://www.care2.com/causes/education/blog/quebec-no-religion-in-subsidized-daycares/

Not a hard trick for nerds like me to get the right link.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Right on

Good for Quebec ! I wonder when we will start to catch up.

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
JesusNEVERexisted's picture
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster wrote:Good

harleysportster wrote:

What do you mean?? Any government funded institution here can't talk about religion either.  Although I've never heard of gov't funded daycares!  Aren't most all those private?

I actually went to a chapel pre-school only because that was the closest one to me.  They obviously had regular secular pre-school but it was a chapel building.  The funny thing is they NEVER mentioned Jesus or anything about Christianity at all! I think we were all too young to know what the hell that was anyway!

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusNEVERexisted

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:

harleysportster wrote:

What do you mean?? Any government funded institution here can't talk about religion either.  Although I've never heard of gov't funded daycares!  Aren't most all those private?

I actually went to a chapel pre-school only because that was the closest one to me.  They obviously had regular secular pre-school but it was a chapel building.  The funny thing is they NEVER mentioned Jesus or anything about Christianity at all! I think we were all too young to know what the hell that was anyway!

I guess I was referring to the shift towards a more secular form of acceptance by the public here. Here in the Bible Belt, there is still quite a bit of influence put forth by the churches and such. But that might be just more of an attitude here than an actual endorsement by the local government (even though every politician here champions "traditional family values" and hypes about "prayer not being in the schools" )

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
 OK, having read the

Religious leaders (e.g. Imams, Rabbis, Priests) will also no longer be permitted to visit subsidized daycare centres. OK, having read the article, the deal fails to sit well with me.

source wrote:
Religious leaders (e.g. Imams, Rabbis, Priests) will also no longer be permitted to visit subsidized daycare centres.

OK, so there will be no indoctrination. That much is fine in the face of matters. However, it does not do anything for what will really help matters out.

How about if we not only let ministers show up but also require that they can only show after a native American medicine man and a Maori (whatever the relevant term in) holy man have been through? A bunch of dudes from Africa and some dudes from India would also be good here.

After that, we can have an open discussion on what religion really is. This will not stop any of the kids from becoming religious later in life but neither will the existing plan.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene wrote:neither will the existing plan.

Good point,but it's a start !

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
Rational, responsible

Rational, responsible government requires some subsidy to day-care centers, which are no longer conveniences for the wealthy, but necessities for the less wealthy as they will often need both partners to work to support the family.

But they cannot necessarily afford the purely private centers, and there is little market incentive for provision of services to those who cannot afford to pay high fees.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology