beyond ignosticism ,stop waisting time

ignostu
ignostu's picture
User is offlineOffline
beyond ignosticism ,stop waisting time

Given that so many out there feel debating of ignosticism is worthwhile

I declare to move forward and stop" idling in  time" and subject ourselves

to   more worthwhile and productive activities  like family and work.

More patience and  power to all with  a  purpose in life and discipline

to follow their dreams untill fruition . Black coffee anyone  Eye-wink

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Given that so many out there

Given that so many out there feel living a life dedicated to God is worthwhile

I declare to dedicate mine to helping humanity overcome nonsensical beliefs.

I believe there is no cause greater that a man can know than striving to improve the future of humanity.

I know this will take patience and power but it gives me purpose,

and I will follow my dreams towards fruition, knowing full well how lofty my dreams are.

I've already got a coffee, I take it with soy milk and stevia... it's in my mug that says "Given enough coffee, I could rule the world."

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: Given that

Sapient wrote:

Given that so many out there feel living a life dedicated to God is worthwhile

I declare to dedicate mine to helping humanity overcome nonsensical beliefs.

I believe there is no cause greater that a man can know than striving to improve the future of humanity.

I know this will take patience and power but it gives me purpose,

and I will follow my dreams towards fruition, knowing full well how lofty my dreams are.

I've already got a coffee, I take it with soy milk and stevia... it's in my mug that says "Given enough coffee, I could rule the world."

Seconded.

Ignostu, there is nothing intrinsically 'productive' about family and work, however important they may be to personal fulfillment and life satisfaction.

We already have more than enough families. 

And it very much depends on just what your work is. There are many jobs which are contributing to the ultimate degradation of society and the world.

Yours is ultimately a selfish, self-centered attitude, which is contributing to the plight of the world. "I'm all right, so STFU".

As Sapient says, working toward advancing the health and prospects of the wider society is what can be considered truly 'productive'.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
BobSpence1 wrote:As Sapient

BobSpence1 wrote:

As Sapient says, working toward advancing the health and prospects of the wider society is what can be considered truly 'productive'.

Doing so is the  best way to help your family... especially the future family members that you'll never meet.

We are all one big family.