Climate Countdown,Maude Barlow chairperson of the "Council of Canadians" "The continuded Destruction of the Earth"

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Climate Countdown,Maude Barlow chairperson of the "Council of Canadians" "The continuded Destruction of the Earth"

One of my favorite person in Canada is Maude Barlow,the other being Naomi Klien autor of "Disaster Capitalism", spoke at Cancun climate talks and on "Democracy Now" check it out --  www.commondreams.org/video/2010/12/06

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
 How about ozone depletion?

How about ozone depletion? That was clearly an issue of global scale back in the 1990's. However, we found out what was causing it and we dramatically curtailed our use of those chemicals. They are still available on a low level around the world. Just not to the point that he planet cannot deal with the stuff.

Today, the data says that things are getting better slowly on that front.

So not only can we fuck up the planet but we can fix what we fuck up. But only if we think about the potential problems and act on them.

As I said above, many of the things that we need to do to fix GW are the very same things that we need to do to solve other potential issues. So what say that we do those things? If we do that much, then we will not ever come to know which of the disaster scenarios would have been the one that got us?

I don't know but that sounds like a plan to me.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Blake
atheistScience Freak
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

Blake, have you ever watched the show “Life Without People”? Basically, a hundred years after whatever the crisis will eventually turn out to be (the series carefully never says why humans become extinct), the infrastructure is going to be fucked.

It won't take a hundred years for global epidemics to blow over.