Atheists make national headlines again on GMA.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheists make national headlines again on GMA.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/atheist-advertising-12316477

What a shame, we're exposing their myth and they don't like it. Boo hoo.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Shock and offend ? ?

I found it slightly irritating that the news commentators kept referring back to "intended to shock and offend" over and over.

They almost made it sound like that Atheists have no real reason to exist other than to shock and offend.

Just like that little rebuttal from the theists claiming " GASP ! THEY ARE ATTACKING OUR HOLIDAY" .

I find it funny that so many theists act as though they are persecuted.

I challenge any theist, to live in our shoes for just one day.

Let's see how they would hold up to being constantly told :

Your just angry and want to tread on other's beliefs.

You hate god and are a cold and pessimistic person.

You can not understand true love and true compassion

You only want to live a selfish life and sin as you choose.

You hate all authority.

You believe in nothing.

ETC. ETC. ETC.

I wonder if these theists that claim all this persecution even has the slightest clue as to what it is like to be constantly told all of these things. To be constantly misrepresented, demeaned, and scorned.

But, if we decide to put up a billboard, then we must not possibly have any other intention other than to shock and offend ? ? These sanctimonious theists that are all offended by the billboards just need to get over themselves.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster wrote:I

harleysportster wrote:

I found it slightly irritating that the news commentators kept referring back to "intended to shock and offend" over and over.

They almost made it sound like that Atheists have no real reason to exist other than to shock and offend.

Just like that little rebuttal from the theists claiming " GASP ! THEY ARE ATTACKING OUR HOLIDAY" .

You hate all authority.

You believe in nothing.

ETC. ETC. ETC.

I wonder if these theists that claim all this persecution even has the slightest clue as to what it is like to be constantly told all of these things. To be constantly misrepresented, demeaned, and scorned.

But, if we decide to put up a billboard, then we must not possibly have any other intention other than to shock and offend ? ? These sanctimonious theists that are all offended by the billboards just need to get over themselves.

"Shock" no, "offend" hell yes it should offend people, but not for the reasons they think. Just like it should offend rational people if someone went around claiming the earth was flat or the moon was made of cheese. I am tired of being expected to be polite about absurd claims. I am glad it offends them.

We know what DNA is and we know it takes two sets of DNA to manifest into a zygote, so their entire religion and their holiday IS BASED ON A MYTH! Damned right it should offend them.

Why should atheists back off offending the absurd. It is not the people we hate, it is the claim itself being made constantly without challenge. It is way past time to challenge this crap and far too few people challenging this crap.

"Ridicule is the only weapon that can be used against unintelligible propositions" Thomas Jefferson, who was not an atheist.

The invisible godsperm theory of virgin births must go the way of Thor and Apollo, and deserves absolutely no reprieve from the sunlight of scrutiny and reason.

If people want to believe this crap and go around claiming this crap, I wont stop them, nor will I stop loving those around me who claim this crap. But that does not mean that the claim itself deserves any respect just because it is popular. Slavery and sexism were popular at one time too, and we managed to leave that destructive crap behind too.

DNA blows the virgin birth story out of the water and it is time for that myth to die and be put into the graveyard of myths where it rightfully belongs.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline

harleysportster wrote:

You hate all authority.

You believe in nothing.

ETC. ETC. ETC.

None of the ads featured in the story were even the least bit offensive or mocking. Especially compared to the billboard on I-71 I pass on a regular basis informing me that I am going to burn in hell for eternity if I don't attend their church. I guarantee that if I wrote the ads they would be far more offensive.

As for living in our shoes, my ex-wife used to be Catholic. After several years with me she quickly ditched Catholicism but clung to the idea of there being a god. Recently, she finally became an atheist and was telling me about an argument she had with her sister. She asked me "How can you stand dealing with a person who doesn't even attempt to think rationally?"  All I could say was "Welcome to the club" 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I agree

Beyond Saving wrote:

None of the ads featured in the story were even the least bit offensive or mocking. Especially compared to the billboard on I-71 I pass on a regular basis informing me that I am going to burn in hell for eternity if I don't attend their church. I guarantee that if I wrote the ads they would be far more offensive.

Oh I totally agree. I would have some really far out stuff if I were to be designing the billboards. What my point was, is that it seemed like the news commentators and the theists were trying to paint all of this as just some sort of publicity stunt on our behalf to "shock and offend". Almost like they were trying to take away from the reality and depth of what the people are really trying to do.

Granted, when it comes to the fundamentalists and such, part of my mission is to shock and offend, but there is quite a bit more to it than that.

Like Brian37 was stating, my true intention is to show people what a useless lie that they are living behind and how it can effect everything about them. If some get shocked and offended oh well. Theists go out of their way to step on the toes of Atheists at every opportunity in the name of 'truth", and I think that two should be able to play that game.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I love how they are

I love how they are claiming to own the season. I was not aware that one could own a bit of time.

Well, if that is true, then I should be able to sell my birthday on ebay. Once some buys it, then I will no longer have a birthday and I will stop aging!

Bwahahahahaha!

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

I love how they are claiming to own the season. I was not aware that one could own a bit of time.

Hehe.

I hadn't thought of that. Had it not been for pre-christian pagan traditions for them to rip it off from, the whole holiday would not have existed in the first place. Just like they had to rip off the belief in virgin births, which are not exclusive to their religion either. (Or people coming back from the dead, or walking on water, or talking to animals, or battling demons, etc. etc. etc. )

― Giordano Bruno

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster wrote:Beyond

harleysportster wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

Oh I totally agree. I would have some really far out stuff if I were to be designing the billboards. What my point was, is that it seemed like the news commentators and the theists were trying to paint all of this as just some sort of publicity stunt on our behalf to "shock and offend". Almost like they were trying to take away from the reality and depth of what the people are really trying to do.

Granted, when it comes to the fundamentalists and such, part of my mission is to shock and offend, but there is quite a bit more to it than that.

Like Brian37 was stating, my true intention is to show people what a useless lie that they are living behind and how it can effect everything about them. If some get shocked and offended oh well. Theists go out of their way to step on the toes of Atheists at every opportunity in the name of 'truth", and I think that two should be able to play that game.

Believers get so indignant when they cant refute DNA and rigor mortis. Two realities they have to willfully ignore to swallow the godsperm virgin birth story and zombiegod death story in the myth called the bible.

Is it going to take another 500 years for humans to get their heads out of their asses? If these believers wont spontaneously combust for not believing in Thor or Vishnu, I don't think their dicks will magically fall off if they leave the godsperm myth behind.

Believers, I promise you no god will "get even" with you. I promise you that you wont burn in anyone's concept of hell, be it a Muslim or Christian hell, if you come to your senses. Life will continue and then like everyone in the past, we will all die. Our sun will expand and fry the planet and all life on it, and that will be it, there will not be an afterlife, good or bad, heaven or hell, to blackmail or bribe us.

The ride is finite, just like an atom has a shelf life too and it is NOTHING to be frightened of. You don't have to make up fictional friends in the sky to do good or be good. We live in an age of cell phones and computers and space exploration and modern medicine. Grow up and leave your superstitions behind.

I would suggest a better way into the future is to give up on these myths just like we no longer believe the earth is flat. Thor doesn't make lightning, you wont burn in hell for eating pork, and there is no god, by any name. There are just people who like the idea of a magical super protector and make this shit up and believe it, DESPITE the reality around them.

Humans survived after giving up on Isis and Osirus, and I think we can do fine without Allah/Yahweh/Jesus or any other fantastical fiction people make up to placate themselves.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
 harleysportster wrote:  

harleysportster wrote:

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

Hehe.

I hadn't thought of that. Had it not been for pre-christian pagan traditions for them to rip it off from, the whole holiday would not have existed in the first place. Just like they had to rip off the belief in virgin births, which are not exclusive to their religion either. (Or people coming back from the dead, or walking on water, or talking to animals, or battling demons, etc. etc. etc. )

Hey, that is right on too! They stole the day from the Gnostics who in turn stole it from the Mithracists.

If there are multiple level of theft going on here, I think it reasonable to apply the standard legal theory for when you try to register a used car that you bought and it turns up stolen. Two things have to happen.

First, it has to be returned to whomever had the last legal title.

Second, you have to give up the person you bought it from. Then the authorities trace back the chain of custody and whomever can't provide the next link in the chain is assumed to be the actual thief.

Also, I still like the idea of selling my birthday on ebay. Thinking further, I can do even better. Since I have no soul and people sell souls on ebay all the time, I need to find such a sale and contact the guy to see if he will take my birthday as payment. Since souls are supposed to be immortal and I will become immortal from lack of a birthday, I will have double immortality.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
further to the subject.

In the  christmas song one of the lines is  "....Yuletide Carols being sung by a choir..."  ,   wouldn't that require pre-Roman Druids singing in a medivel cathedral?

Where is Santa from? Fourth Centry Christen St.Nicholas, immigrating to the North Pole, [400 years before he was born] and  changing his name to Kris Kingle doesn't help of course that now requires Jesus H. Christ to be born at the North Pole. 

Holly , mistletoe, tinsel and decorated trees are all of course sacred to the Druids, and that's where good ole'Marty Luther hijacked them from at about the same time he was waving his middle finger at the Popes. 

Giving presents to good boys and girls comes from Lord Mithras [600 BCE] and giving coal chips to bad boys and girls comes from Loki the trixter god from Thors pantheon.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
I love how the believer has

I love how the believer has to gloss over a public execution and a painful slow death with a lovable fat guy who written as a character is as much a dictator as the god they attempt to hide with it.

"He sees you when your sleeping"

"He knows when your awake"

God is even worse a big brother than Santa.

He sees you when you're peeing

He sees you when you fuck

He tortures those who leave him

So stay for goodness sake

Oh, you better watch out

You better not cry

You better not question

I'm telling you why

Jesusclause is coming to town.

Now where is the ubiquitous obligatory "Santa Jesus" posting?

Their holiday celebrates a public execution. The only way kids can swallow this shit is to cover it up with a Jolly old fat man and bribe the kids with toys.

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Atheist Unite !!!

Yeah ! Put up those billboards.But,remember what Einstein said "Never underestimate stupidity". I always tell religious people to grow the F-Up.That has some affect on them from what I have observed.

Signature ? How ?

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
Bigotry is such an American

Bigotry is such an American institution that Bigots are lauded for condemning people exposing their Bigotry...

My T-shirt is going to read: Religion = Hate Speech

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
JesusNEVERexisted's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37

Brian37 wrote:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/atheist-advertising-12316477

What a shame, we're exposing their myth and they don't like it. Boo hoo.

WHY didn't anyone put up a billboard that says "Jesus is a MYTH and you KNOW it's true".  Then below it they could say "You can't use the bible to prove the bible is true.  Not a single historical reference that Jesus EVER existed."

Christians using the bible to prove the bible is true is downright COMICAL!! Can you use the Bhagvad-Gita, Ramayana, Mahabharta, Upanishads, etc. to prove that Krishna, Rama, Shiva, Vishnu, Brahma, Hanuman, etc. are all real?

Well according to Christian logic you can since that's how they claim Jesus existed!! Hopefully next season they will have a billboard on the mythical nature of Jesus.

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline

harleysportster wrote:

You hate all authority.

You believe in nothing.

ETC. ETC. ETC.

Christians, among any other potential group, are the first to adopt a victim mentality (martyrdom complex) and the last to take responsibility for Xtianity's bad rep.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Tadgh
atheist
Tadgh's picture
User is offlineOffline
I noticed that...

"...claiming to own the season..." -- I also liked the guy who said that is the same (about "our" season) guy who defended the vatican for protecting those "few" priests accused of raping the children placed in their pastoral care. Donovan, the prick, should be barred from the airwaves, but it is always he who represents the catholics in these debates.