Is it possible for a liberal to be a Christian?

Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Is it possible for a liberal to be a Christian?

IS IT POSSIBLE FOR A LIBERAL TO BE A CHRISTIAN?

Absolutely not. Consistently liberalism is Atheism. Now of course, they can be part of a liberal church that claims that they are Christian in order to justify their conscious from their sins. "Churches" like Episcopalians, United Methodists, Crystal Cathedral, etc. But they are extremely inconsistent and are not Christians, they are pagans. 

Remember in the 2008 election, when American called the democrats on their virtues. The democrats got stuck. Many of them attacked people that asked about virtues, and then they either made some up, or stole them from the Christians in the GOP. It was very amazing and funny how they did that.

Because consistently, Liberals have no values, morals, or ethics. They have no truth, and hate the truth. They want to run the government, so that it will both justify and allow for the rights of the wicked to do their wicked things.

Now look, a democrat can be a Christian, but this is DESPITE being a democrat, not because of it. This would mean that the democrat is an inconsistent democrat. ALL consistent democrats are pagans, hate God, and evil to the bone.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
Capitalism and Democracy are

Capitalism and Democracy are not compatible with strict Christian dogma.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey Bob

Hi Bob,

I've been praying for you also. But I'm not sure why you said Capitalism and Democracy. Those are labels. They are old Meideval terms. Fuzzy logic.

I'm not sure if it's as funny when one does impressions on the internet vs. in person. I tried.

Capitalism is very much Chrisitan. THe interest of the shekel of in the Old Testament was of interest. The Christian understanding of Usury and the doctrine of the individual being free is also transferred over to Capitalism. Actually, John Calvin is the one who systemized it. He was a hardcore Christian in the Reformation.

If it wasn't for John Calvin, we probably would not know of capitalism today. Now, since you used all those meideval terms, go do some Gregorian Chants.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wikipedia wrote:Capitalism,

Wikipedia wrote:

Capitalism, as a deliberate economic system, developed incrementally from the 16th century in Europe, although proto-capitalist organizations existed in the ancient world, and early aspects of merchant capitalism flourished during the Late Middle Ages

(Well-referenced article, BTW)

I was thinking of the money-changers evoking the wrath of that itinerant preacher dude. I suppose you could counter with the parable of the talents, maybe, at a stretch.

Didn't see any response to my point about democracy. My impression of Christianity, from Genesis onward, is that it really seems to endorse the strict authoritarian model, whether God or King/Caesar, rather than anything we could identify as Democracy. I think the Greek were way ahead of you there.

Keep trying, you may 'get it' eventually.

And please don't pray for me. I find the idea a little insulting in general, but from you, grossly insulting.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Just keep thinking for him

Just keep thinking for him Bob. Somebody has to.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
BobSpence1 wrote:Capitalism

BobSpence1 wrote:

Capitalism and Democracy are not compatible with strict Christian dogma.

Nor is freedom or reality for that matter.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X