Science Saved My Soul. (by Phil Hellenes)

Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Science Saved My Soul. (by Phil Hellenes)

I know it's 15 minutes, but don't make the mistake of putting off watching this video from YouTube atheist Phil Hellenes. It's awesome. Possibly the best I've seen. I recommend full screen and earphones if you got 'em.

Science Saved My Soul.

Wonderist on Facebook — Support the idea of wonderism by 'liking' the Wonderism page — or join the open Wonderism group to take part in the discussion!

Gnu Atheism Facebook group — All gnu-friendly RRS members welcome (including Luminon!) — Try something gnu!

adams.v
atheist
adams.v's picture
User is offlineOffline
That was an absolutely

That was an absolutely beautiful video. It made my day.

Keovar
Keovar's picture
User is offlineOffline
That is my favourite

That is my favourite philhellenes video, and has brought tears to my eyes a couple times.  Absolutely beautiful.  He's got many other great ones; check out his channel.

With a budget and proper studio, I think Phil could make a TV series that would inspire interest in science, such as Sagan did with Cosmos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZDIbw9qyCo

Watching the above video, I can see he obviously understands how the religious use music and images to heighten emotions.  He apparently has the talent to do the same, but in the name of something useful: reason.

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Keovar wrote:I think Phil could make a TV series .... .....

He does make some very good videos,however, I don't agree that YouTubers should support Coughlin666, who I think is as crazy as a bed bug, I like the series that THUNDERF00T put together called "Why do People Laugh at Creationist", he also put together the craziness of Coughlan666 in one of his videos (its very funny to watch a so-called man acting like that)   

Signature ? How ?

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Ken G. wrote:    He does

Ken G. wrote:

He does make some very good videos,however, I don't agree that YouTubers should support Coughlin666, who I think is as crazy as a bed bug, I like the series that THUNDERF00T put together called "Why do People Laugh at Creationist", he also put together the craziness of Coughlan666 in one of his videos (its very funny to watch a so-called man acting like that)   

Who is Coughlin666?

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
mellestad wrote:Ken G.

mellestad wrote:

Ken G. wrote:

Who is Coughlin666?

Richard "the Dick" Coughlan is a strongly opinionated YouTube presence who also works a stand-up comedian in the UK.  He called Thunderf00t on some hypocritical practices and Tf00t took it personally.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin