Out of context, how your friends tease you.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Out of context, how your friends tease you.

This is a "let your hair down" have a laugh thread.

Here is what I am looking for.

We all have had a friend walk in on part of a conversation and then make a sarcastic comment based on only what they heard. Or tease you about the implications of what you are trying to explain to them. Basically having fun with word games.

Ok, here is mine.

My co-workers are vicious (in a friendly fun way) with teasing each other. If you are sensitive I would not recommend the group I work with.

Ok, here goes. This happened a couple years ago.

I took, at the time, both my kitten(at the time) and my mom's dog to the vet both at the same time.

So the vet ends up telling me my adopted kitten(who days before I had picked up from a charity) HAD HERPES.

On top of that they told me the dog had a YEAST INFECTION! In this case "yeast infection" was not even a vagina thing with her, but a skin infection.

NOW mind you, any vet will tell you that these diseases are not transferable between species.

Do you think that mattered to my co-workers? FUCK NO!

To this day there is a running joke that I fuck my pets. This is what I get for opening my mouth.

Do you have any "out of context" jokes that your friends turn south to get a laugh at your expense?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
You have some twisted friends

You have some twisted friends

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
On a lesser scale at work I

On a lesser scale at work I love to take completely innocent words and make them sound dirty.

So a waitress will come in and say, "I need an English muffin"

And I respond with

"English muffin? Will you cut it with the metaphors, we all know what you mean".

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:On a lesser

Brian37 wrote:

On a lesser scale at work I love to take completely innocent words and make them sound dirty.

So a waitress will come in and say, "I need an English muffin"

And I respond with

"English muffin? Will you cut it with the metaphors, we all know what you mean".

Or you could offer a French tart instead

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
A waitress walks in and asks

A waitress walks in and asks for French toast.

I respond with "French toast? That's sick"

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Other examples:A waitress

Other examples:

A waitress will come in and say, "We are low on gravy"

And I will respond,

"Um, isn't that what your husband is for?"

Or a guy cook will say, "You forgot the pickle"

And I will respond,

"It is 2010 no one cares about you asking another guy for a pickle"

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
You guys have lots of sexual

You guys have lots of sexual references with waiters down south, eh?

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Christ, I'd be fired in

Christ, I'd be fired in about an hour.

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:You guys have

Sapient wrote:

You guys have lots of sexual references with waiters down south, eh?

It is not a north or south thing for me. My twisted sense of humor actually incorporated Benny Hill. He wasn't my only influance, but no, my humor is really simplistic in that all it amounts to is taking a word or sentence and twisting it, sexual or not.

I even have non sexual cornball crap I have thrown at my co-workers and customers .

Do you know why owners of Mercedes don't scuba dive?

BECAUSE THEY ALWAYS GET THE BENZ!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
mellestad wrote:Christ, I'd

mellestad wrote:

Thats what I hate about my well intended friends on the left. It is one thing to say,"Your bullshit reasons for hating me wont cut it". It is another in your rightful struggle to combat bigotry to lose your sense of humor.

If I had a nickle for every time my co-workers poked fun of my atheism, I would make Bill Gates look like a wino bum.

There is a huge difference between someone who teases you because they like you and someone who hates you. I do not want to see humanity lose it's sense of humor because of political correctness.

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Lol, that's pretty bad. 

Quote:
Lol, that's pretty bad.

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:mellestad

Brian37 wrote:

mellestad wrote:

Thats what I hate about my well intended friends on the left. It is one thing to say,"Your bullshit reasons for hating me wont cut it". It is another in your rightful struggle to combat bigotry to lose your sense of humor.

If I had a nickle for every time my co-workers poked fun of my atheism, I would make Bill Gates look like a wino bum.

There is a huge difference between someone who teases you because they like you and someone who hates you. I do not want to see humanity lose it's sense of humor because of political correctness.

It is just environment though.  Once a business hits a certain size you just can't get away with that stuff anymore because it can get ugly too quick.  I wouldn't want to be in an environment where hundreds of people could razz me to their hearts content, and a certain percentage of those people will have some genuine hate behind the words.

Even in a mid-size business like where I work though, the individual departments form their own level of humor.  Some departments are dirty and nasty, others are very high brow.  But everyone knows you watch how you act once you leave your own little bubble.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Sadly I am the same way

Sadly I am the same way with my co-workers, it's great fun.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
I cannot tell you how many

I cannot tell you how many times my believing co workers have made blessed me when I have sneezed knowing. I cannot tell you how many times they have responded to me when I have said "God damn it" and they have said "you cant say that".

My co-workers despite their beliefs and our differences are humans to me, but even more than that we really are that  MASH unit under fire. We are the most dysfunctional "A-Team" I have ever worked with. I may be "Maxwell Klinger" to the rest, but by myself I could not do my job without Hawkeye or BJ.

I don't make my jokes to hurt others. I make my jokes to entertain. If that involves stereotypes so what? If a joke is at my expense, even better. Joking is the best way to tell others that you are in the same boat they are. If you cant laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
If you stripped my co

If you stripped my co workers of labels, including me, what you end up with is a bunch of humans who adapt to a pattern we all become good at.

Our menue is not what makes us. What makes the place I work at special is that it is not scripted Andy Griffin "Denny's" motif.

What is appealing to me is that it is homey and home town and it has not been corrupted by a corporate script and that the locals enjoy the interaction of the local employees.

i

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
What is really funny to me

What is really funny to me at work is one of my co-workers. She will say something, and even before I utter a damn thing she will say, "Don't even go there"

And I will respond

"What, I didn't say a thing"

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
mellestad

mellestad wrote:

Quote:
Lol, that's pretty bad.

No, looking into the mirror and seeing my face is bad. My jokes are a walk in the park.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Ah Benny Hill."I've got the

Ah Benny Hill.

"I've got the face and figure of an eighteen year old girl"

"Well give it back! You're wrinkling it!"

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
This isn't work related but,

This isn't work related but, still funny...

I had a boyfriend who was real good at changing lyrics to songs...

Garth Brooks, 'Two of a Kind Working on a Tight Mouse'  

There were others but, I can't remember then right now.

'Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.' A. Einstein

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:Ah Benny

jcgadfly wrote:

Ah Benny Hill.

I don't remember that exact skit, but it sounds like him.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:Ah Benny

jcgadfly wrote:

Ah Benny Hill.

My first crush was Farrah Fawcett, but Luis English was my biggest crush as a kid. I wanted her to be my girlfriend more than anything in the world at that time,

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:jcgadfly

Brian37 wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Ah Benny Hill.

My first crush was Farrah Fawcett, but Luis English was my biggest crush as a kid. I wanted her to be my girlfriend more than anything in the world at that time,

And she's still putting in a lot of good work on London's West End (their broadway in case you didn't know)

The quote was from one of his may bits with Rita Webb.

— George Carlin

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:Brian37

jcgadfly wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Ah Benny Hill.

And she's still putting in a lot of good work on London's West End (their broadway in case you didn't know)

Any Londoners out there, if you can get Louis English's autograph for me, I will marry you, even if you are the same sex, that, or I will simply be thankful.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline

Brian37 wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Ah Benny Hill.

Any Londoners out there, if you can get Louis English's autograph for me, I will marry you, even if you are the same sex, that, or I will simply be thankful.

I'll take the thanks - here's a contact point with email: http://www.louiseenglishfancentre.com/

Don't get in trouble.

— George Carlin

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:Brian37

jcgadfly wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Ah Benny Hill.

I'll take the thanks - here's a contact point with email: http://www.louiseenglishfancentre.com/

Don't get in trouble.

I have known about this site for a couple years now. I have not gotten a response. I have only e-mailed them one other time as to not be a stalker. I simply think it would be nice to have her autograph and might be easier for someone in person to get one after her shows or after a public appearance.

Famous people in general get tons of e-mail requests and don't always have time to address every single one. Where as in public it is harder to ignore fans in person.

I simply had a crush on her as a kid, but my life won't end if I never get her autograph. I also don't have Jame's Hetfeild's autograph (Metallica) but my life wont end if I never get that either.

I was just fishing to see if any Londoners might want to take a shot at that for me.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline

Brian37 wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Ah Benny Hill.

Don't get in trouble.

I have known about this site for a couple years now. I have not gotten a response. I have only e-mailed them one other time as to not be a stalker. I simply think it would be nice to have her autograph and might be easier for someone in person to get one after her shows or after a public appearance.

Famous people in general get tons of e-mail requests and don't always have time to address every single one. Where as in public it is harder to ignore fans in person.

I simply had a crush on her as a kid, but my life won't end if I never get her autograph. I also don't have Jame's Hetfeild's autograph (Metallica) but my life wont end if I never get that either.

I was just fishing to see if any Londoners might want to take a shot at that for me.

Cool, I just discovered that site once I read up on her acting chops. I was happy with her being just a pretty face (and everything else) but I got more curious when I read her CV

— George Carlin

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
Many of my friends are stand

Many of my friends are stand up comics... we are vicious with one another, and if you show any sign of vulnerability, they'll pounce on you like a lion on a wounded elk.... we are never polite, or politically correct, nor do we take any of our feelings into account when we start breaking each other's balls... Had a bad breakup?... we wont hesitate to remind you that she is probably going down on some other guy as we speak...I was dumb enough to mention that I once had cancer... they destroyed me all night... Flub a line during a show?... that line will be relived continuously...

This is how we show love.... if you're not in, or around the business, its difficult to understand...but telling  a buddy who says something stupid that you hope they get aids from their priest is just another way of saying "Dude, that made no sense"

after a Gig I had last year... a bunch of us came back to my house for a BBQ... one fella who regularly supports everything that I do was invited along...10 minutes into the night he leans over to my wife and asks "These guys are friends?"....