If you haven't figured it out

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
If you haven't figured it out

Yeah I like women. As to whether I'm bi or gay I don't exactly know, but I take posting pictures of half naked women to be an indication.

I've been known for my prudish behaviour and I don't know what this says about it. The sober me would call the drunk me a skank and mysogonist.

As for me getting drunk twice in the same weekend, I don't know why I did it, but at the time I thought it would be fun but I've dumped the grey goose down the sink [but not the orange juice]

If a mod wants to close  or delete that topic, then that would be better.

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think it says that you are

I think it says that you are human...and that you are honest, Capt. ...It's your life, your body and your emotions.... My theory is that we need to Live as much as we can before we die

.... and Don't ever apologize for your feelings...

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Well, maybe you can learn

Well, maybe you can learn something about yourself while your inhibitions are lowered.  Consider it an experiment in self discovery, perhaps.

By the way, why don't you have any friends in real life, Cap?  You seem nice enough on the Internet.

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

rebecca.williamson
atheist
User is offlineOffline
If you like girls, why would

If you like girls, why would you consider that skanky? Live your life an don't worry about what other people think or say. If other people have a problem with the way you live your life that's their own insecurity problems.

Find you a hot chick, get wasted and have a blast! You only get one life. Don't live it apologizing for having fun.

If all the Christians who have called other Christians " not really a Christian " were to vanish, there'd be no Christians left.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
   Being gay on this forum

Being gay on this forum is about as unusual as being an atheist on this forum.  I can think of at least two members who make no bones about being gay.   It's mostly a non-issue around here.

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:  

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Being gay on this forum is about as unusual as being an atheist on this forum.  I can think of at least two members who make no bones about being gay.   It's mostly a non-issue around here.

I've always wondered about that.  I wonder if there is a causal link somewhere between atheism and homosexuality/bisexuality.  I would guess it is just correlation though...without theism people are probably more likely to do what comes naturally maybe.

If we're even higher statistically that is.  Numbers and percentages seem to be all over the place, everywhere from 2%-20% from five minutes of looking so heck, maybe we're low?

Either way though, like you said, it is a non issue unless it specifically comes up as a discussion topic.

jimmy.williamson
Superfan
jimmy.williamson's picture
User is offlineOffline
rebecca.williamson wrote:If

rebecca.williamson wrote:
If you like girls, why would you consider that skanky? Live your life an don't worry about what other people think or say. If other people have a problem with the way you live your life that's their own insecurity problems. Find you a hot chick, get wasted and have a blast! You only get one life. Don't live it apologizing for having fun.

And yes capt. Pineapple Becky likes to look at half naked women.
I think that is apparent by her avatar. She also gets very gay when she's drunk. Lol
It has made for some interesting drunk nights.

Throughout human history as our species has faced the frighten terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are and where we are going; it has been the authority (the political, the religious, and the educational authorities) who have attempted to comfort us. By giving us order, rules, and regulation. Informing or forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question these authorities. THINK FOR YOURSELF…

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Rich Woods wrote:I think it

Rich Woods wrote:

I think it says that you are human...and that you are honest, Capt. ...It's your life, your body and your emotions.... My theory is that we need to Live as much as we can before we die

.... and Don't ever apologize for your feelings...

I applaud you for having the courage to say that which I would've been frightened to murmur under my breath.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey Kap could you paste that avatar into a post so's

I can save it - it's yet another classic and I can think of about 30 people to send it to.

Thanks in advance!

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Hey Captain

I would say you got on the sauce because it's a happy place to be. Maybe you should try beer or something - beer is a much slower process and you can keep your eye on the road for longer. Ummm. As for all that other stuff. Well - yeah, I've kissed a boy myself so zero judgment there.

Mate, just be who you actually are. The people who love you will love you for it - and that includes yourself.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
It's really hard to right

It's really hard to right click on, too

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Bit bigger: 

Bit bigger:

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:Yeah I

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Yeah I like women. As to whether I'm bi or gay I don't exactly know, but I take posting pictures of half naked women to be an indication.

I've been known for my prudish behaviour and I don't know what this says about it. The sober me would call the drunk me a skank and mysogonist.

Then maybe people who act like the drunk you aren't skanky mysogonists.

Quote:
As for me getting drunk twice in the same weekend, I don't know why I did it, but at the time I thought it would be fun but I've dumped the grey goose down the sink

Nooooooooooooooooooo.  Don't waste grey goose like that!

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

And don't feel bad about any sexual desires or personalities that are feel unique to you, that's what makes you who you are, and any real friend will accept you for em as most of us would.

Quote:

I don't want to or have the need to, but if you would like me to, I would do so.  You've put in enough time here that I can respect that wish.

rebecca.williamson
atheist
User is offlineOffline
jimmy.williamson

jimmy.williamson wrote:

If you like girls, why would you consider that skanky? Live your life an don't worry about what other people think or say. If other people have a problem with the way you live your life that's their own insecurity problems. Find you a hot chick, get wasted and have a blast! You only get one life. Don't live it apologizing for having fun.

And yes capt. Pineapple Becky likes to look at half naked women. I think that is apparent by her avatar. She also gets very gay when she's drunk. Lol It has made for some interesting drunk nights.

F#*$ turd!!!!

If all the Christians who have called other Christians " not really a Christian " were to vanish, there'd be no Christians left.

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Captain, I don't know why,

Captain, I don't know why, but it is a general idea that drinking alone is pathologic. People say you can drink as a pig until you black out several times per week if you're with friends, but just you and bottle, people say that's perverted. Do you think there might be something true about it?
Isn't the alcohol a method to loosen you up, to throw away the prudish behavior for a moment?

I personally need about 4 noggins of good booze to drop the inhibitions - and the fuel must flow regularly for the rest of evening. That is what it takes to lower my thinking on the level of normal people and to open my heart to the society and it's simple joys. People around think that I'm drunk as hell and won't remember anything or control myself but not, I'm always in control. Only the puppet strings are loose. The more alcohol, the more freedom. Some day I'd like to learn to be unthinking, spontaneous, sincere and joyful like drunk, then my life would be perfect. (Hey Rich Woods, any suggestions how to do it without alcohol? Marijuana didn't work)

For me there's no use of drinking when other people aren't around. The liquor is too damn expensive, it tastes bad, it prevents me from using computer and grammar, and in excessum it causes very bad hangover. That isn't a problem for you?

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:Yeah I

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

As for me getting drunk twice in the same weekend, I don't know why I did it, but at the time I thought it would be fun but I've dumped the grey goose down the sink [but not the orange juice]

Whether or, not you are attracted to women is one thing...getting drunk and acting like a fool every weekend is quite another. Do you get drunk every weekend? That would be binge drinking and a sign of alcoholism... I know because I quit drinking 9 years ago. Prior to that, I made a spectacle of myself every weekend for about 4 years. Not a good thing.

If you want to chat about this in a private message, I'd be more than glad to offer advice. Otherwise, I don't think it's a good idea to post your personal business in cyberspace for all to see - for all eternity.  It may come back to haunt you later.

Glad you got rid of the booze (I did that many times, too).

I also think some of the other advise was not good advise. Live it up, don't worry - be happy, you only live once can ruin your reputation real quick and in a hurry - and it's nearly impossible to repair a damaged reputation.

I assume you are fairly young. You have no idea where you will be 25 years from now. Keep in mind, you can't shake your past.

On the other hand, if you don't have a drinking problem, next weekend get dressed up real nice, go to a classy joint and meet a nice girl - sober. If you can't do it sober, it's probably not for you.

'Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.' A. Einstein

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Thanks Kap & Melles

Mum will love those...

jimmy.williamson
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Sandycane wrote: I assume

Sandycane wrote:

I assume you are fairly young. You have no idea where you will be 25 years from now. Keep in mind, you can't shake your past.

Are you speaking from experense here too? You seem to have a problem with peoples life style. How about handle your own and stop incenuating that everyone else is wrong for their chooses. This is such a religious approach to life!

On the other hand, if you don't have a drinking problem, next weekend get dressed up real nice, go to a classy joint and meet a nice girl - sober. If you can't do it sober, it's probably not for you.

That's a little better, would you have a problem if she does it that way? I mean you seem to have a real southern look on issuses. Sorry if this come across as being being condescending, I mean I am judging you on what I have read on here. It take a little time for me to get to the point to call you out like this.

Throughout human history as our species has faced the frighten terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are and where we are going; it has been the authority (the political, the religious, and the educational authorities) who have attempted to comfort us. By giving us order, rules, and regulation. Informing or forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question these authorities. THINK FOR YOURSELF…

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
jimmy.williamson

jimmy.williamson wrote:

Sandycane wrote:

Are you speaking from experense here too? You seem to have a problem with peoples life style. How about handle your own and stop incenuating that everyone else is wrong for their chooses. This is such a religious approach to life!

Sandycane wrote:

That's a little better, would you have a problem if she does it that way? I mean you seem to have a real southern look on issuses. Sorry if this come across as being being condescending, I mean I am judging you on what I have read on here. It take a little time for me to get to the point to call you out like this.

Sorry, I have no clue as to what your point is. Care to try again, in plain English? Spell it out in black and white, maybe? Ooooh, I suppose now you think I've just said something prejudiced and racist?

If, by 'a real southern look on issuses' you mean proper, respectable and slightly prudish, then I would have to agree. Don't knock it 'till you've tried it.

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
I regret being as prudish as

I regret being as prudish as I was when I was younger.

jimmy.williamson
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Sandy

Try this for black and white.
Your have name "sandycane" kinda like candycane. Young, sweet, and delicious. Your avatar the eye of what is apparently a young woman.
Conclusion your old now and missing the youthfull experiences. Difference is young people now do thing a litle diferent they did in the 60's.
So let people live there life! Don't give the shit because it's not something that you approve of.
If she is having fun drinking and experimenting with her sexuality then let her. Telling her that other on this thread are giving bad advice. No you are!
For an atheist you carry a lot of chrstian baggage. You don't seem to like people of other races. MEXICANS! And you don't like people using their body to make a living. And you have a problem with people for experimenting with sexuality.
Damn doesn't sound very open minded to me.
Just my thoughts. Oh and I was trying to nice in the first post, you just hit my asshole botton.

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
mellestad wrote:I regret

mellestad wrote:

I regret being as prudish as I was when I was younger.

Yeah but, now you can make up for lost time... 

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Having watched you evolve in

Having watched you evolve in the last few years you have made a lot of progress. I wouldn't beat myself up over a few instances.

Some of the newer members have not witnessed all of what has transpired, so they really don't know how you are. You generally express yourself quite well on this forum. And many times it is personal. Whatever works for you. No one knows how you are but yourself. And apparently you are still figuring that out, since you already have made some changes in your life. I have always enjoyed your posts though I don't always comment on them.

I wouldn't suddenly jump to the conclusion you have a drinking problem from the one or 2 times you have drunk posted. IAGAY, did so on a daily basis and yeah Mark had a drinking problem, among other things. When I go to Vegas, I drink daily for the week or 10 days I'm there. Then I drive on back to Florida or on to the next stop on my sales trip. Whatever you do, don't drink and drive though.

One of my girlfriends likes women but also like guys, so she is bi. Regardless whether she drinks or not. When she drinks however she is less shy about it and is more likely to make advances, clearly the alcohol. But she never regrets whatever happens the next day.

Like everything else, figure out what it is that you want and try out things, you never know what you might like.

Some people do have problems with alcohol and some of them that quit tend to preach about it's evil somewhat like theists do. It's how the US got prohibition, that worked really well didn't it. Anyway, like with everything you will find out whether it's a problem or not. My mother made her living running drug alcohol treatment centers and working them at state hospitals so I learned all of this while I was growing up. I have a friend that is 15 years AA and he's not one to go preach to those that are responsible in drinking, he is usually my designated drriver when we hit Citywalk or downtown Orlando.

Take care Cpt.

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
jimmy.williamson wrote:Try

jimmy.williamson wrote:
Try this for black and white. Your have name "sandycane" kinda like candycane. Young, sweet, and delicious. Your avatar the eye of what is apparently a young woman. Conclusion your old now and missing the youthfull experiences. Difference is young people now do thing a litle diferent they did in the 60's.
Quote:
So let people live there life! Don't give the shit because it's not something that you approve of. If she is having fun drinking and experimenting with her sexuality then let her. Telling her that other on this thread are giving bad advice. No you are!
Quote:
For an atheist you carry a lot of chrstian baggage.
Quote:
You don't seem to like people of other races. MEXICANS! And you don't like people using their body to make a living. And you have a problem with people for experimenting with sexuality. Damn doesn't sound very open minded to me. Just my thoughts. Oh and I was trying to nice in the first post, you just hit my asshole botton.
  Sorry. Next time I'll aim for the 'spellcheck' botton.

You know what's so damn funny about your reply, 'Sonny'? I guarantee, 25 years from now, you'll be hearing the same damn thing from some punk 25 years younger than you and you'll realize that you are just wasting your breath because...the young seldom take advice from their elders. So, go on, have a bang-up time experimenting with sex and alcoholism, and 25 years from now, if you are lucky, you can laugh about it, too.

I'll bet I've got jeans older than you.

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I've got a couple of

Sandycane wrote:

I'll bet I've got jeans older than you.

pairs of undergruts that are teenagers...

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
nite nite

Now, if all you young whippersnappers will excuse me, I've got to go find my rheumatiz medicine, put on my Depends and hobble off to bed.

jimmy.williamson
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Spellcheck is funny! I'll

Spellcheck is funny! I'll give u that. I'm typing on my IPhone it's a little hard to spellcheck and proof read.
See you got my point.
I'm not that young by the way. Just open minded enough to except what you have a problem with.
You think that denouncing god because your X got the church in the divorce will piss him off. I hope it worked. Now drop the southern baptist views of the world and really grow up. We need open minded people in this world. I have little dought that you are a republican possibly even a tea bagger.
Do you cringe everytime you see our black president? I hope so!

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
I feel ill all of the

I feel ill all of the sudden...

rebecca.williamson
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote: I feel ill all

Kapkao wrote:

Awwww! Nobody was paying you any attention?Sad
That's what happens when you say a bunch of stupid shit!

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
The sensitive type...Just

The sensitive type...

Just can't get enough of me, can you shnoogums? Nah, hearing about people and their intimate health stuff grosses me out.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Sandycane wrote:Now, if all

Sandycane wrote:

Now, if all you young whippersnappers will excuse me, I've got to go find my rheumatiz medicine, put on my Depends and hobble off to bed.

I don't always agree with you (obviously!) but I really respect your even temper and good humor Sandy!

Try not to break a hip on your way to bed!

rebecca.williamson
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote: The sensitive

Kapkao wrote:

The sensitive type...

Just can't get enough of me, can you shnoogums? Nah, hearing about people and their intimate health stuff grosses me out.

Well you peed in my frosted flakes this morning. I don't think she was serious though lol.

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
rebecca.williamson

Kapkao wrote:

Awwww! Nobody was paying you any attention?Sad That's what happens when you say a bunch of stupid shit!

WTF? You accused me of saying a bunch of stupid shit. Why did I get all your attention?

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
For those of you curious of

For those of you curious of my age, I'm 25. I never drank before, [the first time was when I came here] I don't go clubbing or anything like that.

Those that have been here a while know my objections to the portrayal of women in the media, but I've been trying to tone down when it comes to stuff like that, and now that this happened I guess I'll try even more.

Quote:

I don't want to or have the need to, but if you would like me to, I would do so.  You've put in enough time here that I can respect that wish.

If you could lock it for now, then that would be good.

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:For

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

For those of you curious of my age, I'm 25. I never drank before, [the first time was when I came here] I don't go clubbing or anything like that.

Those that have been here a while know my objections to the portrayal of women in the media, but I've been trying to tone down when it comes to stuff like that, and now that this happened I guess I'll try even more.

Quote:

If you could lock it for now, then that would be good.

Locked.

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
mellestad wrote:Sandycane

mellestad wrote:

Sandycane wrote:

I don't always agree with you (obviously!) but I really respect your even temper and good humor Sandy!

Try not to break a hip on your way to bed!

Come on now! You saw that picture of me in the leather pants, didn't you??? This is one HOT Granny!

I was laughing so much about this I couldn't sleep! I never thought the day would come when I would actually say, 'Youth is wasted on the young' - and know it to be true.

rebecca.williamson
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Sandycane

Sandycane wrote:

Kapkao wrote:

Awwww! Nobody was paying you any attention?Sad That's what happens when you say a bunch of stupid shit!

WTF? You accused me of saying a bunch of stupid shit. Why did I get all your attention?

Bcuz he has just aggrivated me with smart ass comments today. Trust me, I told him so. See above. Things you said offended me and I told you why. I wasn't trying to be mean,just letting you know that basically, I'm pretty sure that I wasn't the only one who found it offencive.

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
rebecca.williamson

Bcuz he has just aggrivated me with smart ass comments today. Trust me, I told him so. See above. Things you said offended me and I told you why. I wasn't trying to be mean,just letting you know that basically, I'm pretty sure that I wasn't the only one who found it offencive.
Oh. So, you jumped my ass because something I said 'offended' you? Would you like to know what offends me?

Didn't think so.

When I mention what offends me, I'm called a bigot, racist, Tea-bagger, Republican, Closet-Christian/Baptist, narrow-minded, geriatric patient.

Nothing offensive about that, is there?

rebecca.williamson
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Sandycane

Sandycane wrote:

Oh. So, you jumped my ass because something I said 'offended' you? Would you like to know what offends me?

Didn't think so.

When I mention what offends me, I'm called a bigot, racist, Tea-bagger, Republican, Closet-Christian/Baptist, narrow-minded, geriatric patient.

Nothing offensive about that, is there?

Are you any of those things? And did I say you were? Gah! You remind me of my mom. Let me guess, you can't handle someone younger than you telling you that you are offensive and wrong? This isn't the 50's or 60's anymore and I have lived a little. I've seen hatred like yours and the effects of it. But don't let the words of some young punk wippersnapper phase you. Keep on hating!

Blake
atheistScience Freak
User is offlineOffline
mellestad

mellestad wrote:

Locked.

Hey, I was having an interesting discussion about marriage to psychotic bitches and ways to prevent being demolished in a divorce with Atheistextremist in that thread.

Can you split it or something instead?

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Blake wrote:mellestad

Blake wrote:

mellestad wrote:

Locked.

Hey, I was having an interesting discussion about marriage to psychotic bitches and ways to prevent being demolished in a divorce with Atheistextremist in that thread.

I'd have to move every related post to a new thread manually, and, well, you can guess how much I want to do that.  I've created a new thread just for you though.  http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/27405  "The world of pre-nups (When you hate your spouse but love your house)"

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
mellestad

mellestad wrote:

Locked.

lies...

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
rebecca.williamson

Bcuz he has just aggrivated me with smart ass comments today.

*boner*

lololz

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
mellestad wrote:Blake

mellestad wrote:

Blake wrote:

mellestad wrote:

Locked.

I'd have to move every related post to a new thread manually, and, well, you can guess how much I want to do that.  I've created a new thread just for you though.  http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/27405  "The world of pre-nups (When you hate your spouse but love your house)"

I'll try... if I fuck up I might need to nuke some shit.

rebecca.williamson
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao

Kapkao wrote:

Bcuz he has just aggrivated me with smart ass comments today.

*boner*

lololz

Ummm....ok then