Burn a copy of the Qur'an

julio
atheist
julio's picture
User is offlineOffline
Burn a copy of the Qur'an

This way to BURN A COPY OF THE QUR'AN is much easier, without troubling anybody: Get yourself the necessary items: Gasoline, matches, an old laptop, and a big backyard. Next, download a copy of the holy book. Then go to your backyard and destroy your computer by fire! Goodbye holy scriptures! [Nowadays it is fashion to burn national flags. What's the problem with burning computers with the Qur'an downloaded?]

julio
atheist
julio's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm sure this weird pastor

I'm sure this weird pastor has the Qur'an downloaded to his laptop.
He can burn a few books, but when he wants to check the Qur'an he uses his computer.
How is this for a good example of genuine hypocrisy?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
rebecca.williamson

rebecca.williamson wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

FYI guys, just heard on the news that fuckwad homophobe Fred Phelps burnt a Koran on a DC street yesterday.

Seems that even in his own bigotry this dip shit can't come up with an original idea.

Oh oh oh how I hate Fred Phelps! This moron is a boil on the ass of humanity. I guess he saw this as an opportunity to refresh his name. As if I needed another reason to contemplate bombing his church. That was a joke mellestad, I'm not that hateful of an atheist lol.

Oh come one now, what is not to like about an uneducated hate mongering bigot. I think Phelps and Bin Ladin should butt fuck each other. No, I would not advocate harm to that dickhead. He does enough of a good job making himself look like a giant turd.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

jimmy.williamson
Superfan
jimmy.williamson's picture
User is offlineOffline
In the CNN post Obama

In the CNN post Obama suggested that harm will come to our troops over this. Now the burning is off but isn't the damage already done. The asshole has opened another hate dialog with the Islamic community. We have expected an immanate attack for some time now. This just puts them on their moral high ground. This pastor will have in my oppion help them on their way. Why would any responsible person do these things. It make me sick to think about the people that WILL suffer for his action. Not him I'm sure. It will be others, he will live out his life in south Florida on the beach.

Throughout human history as our species has faced the frighten terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are and where we are going; it has been the authority (the political, the religious, and the educational authorities) who have attempted to comfort us. By giving us order, rules, and regulation. Informing or forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question these authorities. THINK FOR YOURSELF…

julio
atheist
julio's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yes, but any war started by

Yes, but any war started by America has helped many innocent people to be killed.
That is, Obama is a cynic, like any other politician.
They apply double standards always.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Why would any

Quote:
Why would any responsible person do these things.

Again, people keep mixing this pastor's  reason for burning a Koran, with lagit protest like the Danish Cartoonist who rightfully depicted Muhammed with a bomb in his turban.

Sometimes you can't always be polite and say, "That is not true". Sometimes you have to say, "You're fucked in the head if you think that".

This pastor was not protesting tyranny. He was protesting the challenge to his utopia world where daddy Jesus wins the day.

I think it is perfectly responsible and rational to tell someone claiming "Thor makes lighting" that they are full of shit.

That does not mean everyone who believes that Thor makes lighting should be punched in the face. It just means that we should not always avoid offending others. I am glad Galileo offended the church otherwise our astronomy textbooks would still be fucked up.

If we are talking about a peaceful Muslim who wouldn't harm me even if I picked on their god, then no, I think my approach to them would and should be different. But when someone slams a plane into a building, that person deserves to have their book burned. Just like I would have no problem using a bible as toilet paper in front of Eric Rudolf.

It would be nice if humanity's worst fear was being offended.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

TylerDurden
atheist
User is offlineOffline
JESUS!!

Brian37 wrote:

When I first caught this story a couple weeks ago, the Pastor was saying(with indirect words) that his Jesus was the one true son of god and that Islam was evil and that the world needed to obey his god.

He has since back peddled and is now saying that he is standing up to tyranny. BULLSHIT. This Pastor believes that it is a war between Jesus and Islam and Jesus will win.

has anyone told him [pastor] Jesus is the most quoted Prophet in the Qu'ran? education could go such a long way if the belief system wasn't set up to kill questioning dead in the water.

"Our culture is superior. Our culture is superior because our religion is Christianity and that is the truth that makes men free."
Speech to the Christian Coalition, September 1993
GOT TO TAKE MY HAT OFF TO THIS GREAT BIT OF REASONING, WELL DONE, TRUELY WELL DONE. its easy to sell lies, not so easy to return them.

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
TylerDurden wrote:has anyone

TylerDurden wrote:

has anyone told him [pastor] Jesus is the most quoted Prophet in the Qu'ran? education could go such a long way if the belief system wasn't set up to kill questioning dead in the water. 

excellent first post, Mr Durden

Alias
atheist
User is offlineOffline
"Why would any responsible

"Why would any responsible person do these things. It make me sick to think about the people that WILL suffer for his action."

It sucks, it really does, that people will die because some Muslims can't take their book being criticized.  But, we have to remember that HE is not the one causing the deaths - it is the religious zealots that are.  In no way, is his threatening to burn Qur'ans justification for killing another human being (not that you were suggesting it is). Sure, he may be an ignorant asshole, but HE is not the one killing people. 

I am fucking sick and tired of people killing and dieing over such stupid things.

"Shake off all fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." -Thomas Jefferson