About Meetings and Gatherings....

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
About Meetings and Gatherings....

I just watched Phil Plait's lecture (Thanks Capt. Pineapple) from Tam 8...and saw that Shelley is going to be a breakout speaker at the upcoming AAI....

I don't know about anyone else... But I had no idea what any of these conventions/conferences were until I saw them in passing, and looked them up...I also am unaware of any upcoming events....So I was thinking....

With all of the forums that don't get much "action" anymore... what if we were to have a forum about international, national, and local conventions/gatherings?....  Local organizations affiliated with the RRS could post about their meetings, as well as when larger groups get together... this can extend to socio/political gatherings, and Science conventions too... For all I know there is an atheist group nearby that I have no knowledge of... Also word of mouth coupled with actual human interaction might increase memberships...

My background is in the "adult" industry...so other messageboards that I have belonged to have had similar features, and it has worked out... Half of my audience usually came because they saw a thread on a messageboard and read my shameless  post whoring about my seminar...

Potentially... should the folks here at the RRS ever have the desire... I imagine they could have their own national gathering too... I know i would pay to hear some of the people on this site speak...

anyway... Just a thought...

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Part of the reason I don't

Part of the reason I don't have an official place for that is that I have behind the scenes experience with all of the atheist groups.  I've found some reason to dislike virtually all of their conventions.  If someone wants to post info about those conventions, it's fine by me.  This forum or "Rational Activism" are probably the best places to do so.

If you want your nearest atheist group that I don't hate, it's NYC Atheists.  http://nyc-atheists.org/

/did I think that or say that

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
HA!... Thanks Brian... I

HA!... Thanks Brian... I hope I didn't overstep...