Just saying hi

badams
badams's picture
User is offlineOffline
Just saying hi

Okay, I don't actually know what I'm doing, if I'm in the right place, if anyone will see this. I just stumbled onto the YouTube debate with Kirk Cameron and Ray Comfort. I immediately wanted to be part of this group. I know the debate happened some time ago, but I want to thank Brian Sapient and Kelly for being so sharp and also polite as they trounced their opponents. Not that the minds of any believers were changed, but it was so refreshing to see a calm exchange of ideas.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
 Thanks for the positive

Thanks for the positive review.  I'm glad you stopped by, hang around for a while.

- Brian

ubuntuAnyone
Theist
ubuntuAnyone's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forums!

Welcome to the forums!

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi there Badams

Hope your day is going well.

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forums, have

Welcome to the forums, have a good time while here.

badams
badams's picture
User is offlineOffline
I didn't see these comments

I didn't see these comments until much later. I don't usually participate in forums, and I'm not very adept. In fact this is my fourth time trying to respond. I think I get it now. Anyway, thanks for the welcome.

Bruce

badams
badams's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh, and I never understand

Oh, and I never understand why people use fake names and images. Am I making a big mistake just appearing as me?

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
No you're fine.

Some of us use our own names - like Fonzie and Billy Bob Jenkins. Others opt for avatars or cover up in some way.  Either is fne.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
badams wrote:Oh, and I never

badams wrote:

Oh, and I never understand why people use fake names and images. Am I making a big mistake just appearing as me? 

Maybe. Maybe not. it all depends on your personal circumstance.... people require annonimity for a variety of reasons ranging from self preservation to cowardice... So I guess you'll have to use your own judgment and determine whether anyone in your life will try to use your views against you...

But not all of us have these concerns....so I never fault anyone who contributes ...regardless, Welcome sir...

badams
badams's picture
User is offlineOffline
Pretty much everyone knows

Pretty much everyone knows my views. When I heard about the Blasphemy Challenge I thought that the hardest thing for me would be getting video online. I regularly openly deny the holy spirit and the rest of the trinity gang; it doesn't seem like a big deal. Though I suppose I do understand what you mean. I know a public school assistant superintendent who lived in the south and "came out." She was forced out of her job, and out of education altogether. 

By the way, I'm an artist. My most recent series uses religion as one inspiration. It's called "Divine Beauty." I have a website where--among other things--I talk about the origin of these works, growing up Catholic and so on. Here is a link to that page. From there if you are interested you can link to the work itself.  http://www.adams-studio.com/upcoming.htm#Divineorigins.

So there you go.

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
greetings.

Apparently you are in Buffalo, I'm  up the QEW in Mississauga.  Welcome to the site, do  you have any exhibitions schedualed for the GTA?

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
badams wrote:Here is a link

badams wrote:

Here is a link to that page. From there if you are interested you can link to the work itself.  http://www.adams-studio.com/upcoming.htm#Divineorigins.

So there you go. 

As I told you on facebook, I love your art.  Everyone should check it out here.

This is by far my favorite:

badams
badams's picture
User is offlineOffline
As a matter of fact, this

As a matter of fact, this series will be part of the biennial "Beyond/In Western New York," which includes the art of artists as far north as Toronto. There are actually quite a few Canadians in the area-wide show. It place at numerous sites around Buffalo. Here's a Facebook link to the show and it lists locations. I'm listed at Starlight Studio, but I'm actually upstairs from this venue in a space I am building now. The address is 340 Delaware Avenue.

http://www.facebook.com/BeyondInWNY

It opens on September 24th. Anyone who's reading this is invited. Art exhibitions are always free and open to the public. This one lasts to December 17.

rebecca.williamson
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Hi and welcome

Hi and welcome

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forum.Lol,

Welcome to the forum.

Lol, maybe I'll use my own picture if I get one that I actually like.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare