atheist
User is offlineOffline
A Presidental pardon from school

Unrepentant_Elitist
Science FreakGold Member
Unrepentant_Elitist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hmm..

Pardon my cynicism Captain, but I did notice that he failed to actually give anything more than a nebulous response to the actual question!

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
Im forced to wonder weather

Im forced to wonder weather going to see the president is an actual accepted excuse for missing school? I mean there is no real reason for the girl to be there. But other than that pretty awesome thing for a president to do. Not quite sure why a lot of people have lost faith in obama but then again I don't live in the country so would have no clue about what has been going on.  More pressing on my mind is how im getting to university tomorrow as I have no petrol and the people who put petrol in your car are on strike and it is illegal for me to do it myself Oh and if i break my neck i'l die because all the nurses are on strike, Oh and how im going to get food because the only food shop near where I live is on strike and how all the teachers are on strike and all that taxi drivers are on strike. Lets not forget the metal workers union is on strike. Did I mention the people who put petrol in the cars want an 80% pay increase and a shorter week? i cba to list all the people on srtrike. Basically Its south Africa on strike. Apologies for leaving the area of discustion.

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Lol, awesome.  That is a

Lol, awesome.  That is a great photo-opportunity.

@UE:  Well, although it is cut off in the middle he started to say a couple of years at least.  How is that a bad answer if, indeed, it would take a couple of years?

@Tapey:  Well, the girl probably got more out of that visit than she would have signing yearbooks at school.  That sucks about the strike, you should make a thread about it and give us your thoughts about what is going on.

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
mellestad wrote:@Tapey:

mellestad wrote:

@Tapey:  Well, the girl probably got more out of that visit than she would have signing yearbooks at school.  That sucks about the strike, you should make a thread about it and give us your thoughts about what is going on.

I have no doubt.

and there is no point, this board is very American centered, there isn't much room or interest in discussing things which don't relate to America or that are at least in American media. Hence I have been on a South African forum lately, while there are no doubt interesting things to talk about about America (and atheism) but most of the time it is irrelivant to my life.

All animals are equal.

RatDog
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Tapey wrote:Im forced to

Tapey wrote:

Im forced to wonder weather going to see the president is an actual accepted excuse for missing school? I mean there is no real reason for the girl to be there. But other than that pretty awesome thing for a president to do. Not quite sure why a lot of people have lost faith in obama but then again I don't live in the country so would have no clue about what has been going on.  More pressing on my mind is how im getting to university tomorrow as I have no petrol and the people who put petrol in your car are on strike and it is illegal for me to do it myself Oh and if i break my neck i'l die because all the nurses are on strike, Oh and how im going to get food because the only food shop near where I live is on strike and how all the teachers are on strike and all that taxi drivers are on strike. Lets not forget the metal workers union is on strike. Did I mention the people who put petrol in the cars want an 80% pay increase and a shorter week? i cba to list all the people on srtrike. Basically Its south Africa on strike. Apologies for leaving the area of discustion.

In case anyone is interested in the strike.  

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-09-03/south-africa-s-public-sector-strike-won-t-end-before-sept-6.html

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hfGW9cjcXxL_aUB5PHt_h0iIHuhw

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-09-02/s-african-strike-may-shut-toyota-mercedes-and-bmw.html

It sounds really nasty. 

smartypants
Superfan
smartypants's picture
User is offlineOffline
I love him so very, very

I love him so very, very much.

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
RatDog wrote:In case anyone

What these don't mention is anyone who tries to work is fucked. A couple people have been stabed for going to work. The strikers followed another person trying to work home and set her car on fire. Currently there are strikers camping out side a few hospitals preventing those non strikers from going home until they join the strike. Several people have died because the hospitals do not have enough workers even with the military help. They cannot arrest anyone as there is no proof as to who it was because there was large amounts of people around at the time and they kind of scatter quick. I might have some sympahthy for the strikers if this shit wasn't going on. Don't get me wrong this happens every single year, the reason it is a little bit worse this year is because of the world cup which put us so far into debt we cannot afford even a moderate pay increase. And the best part is come election time the strikers will vote in the same party that has put the country in this situation. The only provence not under the ruling parties control is pretty much strike free only 108 people out of the 28000ish medical staff are striking.

All animals are equal.

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Tapey wrote:RatDog wrote:In

Tapey wrote:

What these don't mention is anyone who tries to work is fucked. A couple people have been stabed for going to work. The strikers followed another person trying to work home and set her car on fire. Currently there are strikers camping out side a few hospitals preventing those non strikers from going home until they join the strike. Several people have died because the hospitals do not have enough workers even with the military help. They cannot arrest anyone as there is no proof as to who it was because there was large amounts of people around at the time and they kind of scatter quick. I might have some sympahthy for the strikers if this shit wasn't going on. Don't get me wrong this happens every single year, the reason it is a little bit worse this year is because of the world cup which put us so far into debt we cannot afford even a moderate pay increase. And the best part is come election time the strikers will vote in the same party that has put the country in this situation. The only provence not under the ruling parties control is pretty much strike free only 108 people out of the 28000ish medical staff are striking.

That's pretty fucked up.  Why don't the voters chose a reform party if things are so bad?  Or does one even exist?

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.