Hi friends!

anglosaxonguy
anglosaxonguy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi friends!

My name is Alex.

I am from Canada. I lived In United states for 6 years , and I moved back home. I am interested in theology and religious debates , but I mostly enjoy philosophical debates. For a few years , I have been a Christian , and I am not here to convert people or tell them that they are going to burn in hell for eternity. I am a nationalist , and I do not find multiculturalism , racial mixing , or racism to be very progressive ideas. I , myself am a person of mixed race , but I identify with the original English peoples(Also part of my Political beliefs). My hobbies are sprite artwork , video games (LULZ) , enjoying my cat's company , and learning old English. it's hard to learn Old English , considering it's a dead language , but it's coming along nicely .

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ditto

New Brunswick,  to Maine,   to Ontario.      Check your  privete messages, please.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

anglosaxonguy
anglosaxonguy's picture
User is offlineOffline
It wont let me..

It wont let me..

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yah, private messaging had

Yah, private messaging had to be limited a while back because the trolls were abusing the privilege.  Now you have to at least have a user rank under your name.  When you have been around here a bit longer and you think that you know where you fit in, we can hook you up with whatever the correct one for you is.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
anglosaxonguy

anglosaxonguy wrote:

My name is Alex.

I am from Canada. I lived In United states for 6 years , and I moved back home. I am interested in theology and religious debates , but I mostly enjoy philosophical debates. For a few years , I have been a Christian , and I am not here to convert people or tell them that they are going to burn in hell for eternity. I am a nationalist , and I do not find multiculturalism , racial mixing , or racism to be very progressive ideas. I , myself am a person of mixed race , but I identify with the original English peoples(Also part of my Political beliefs). My hobbies are sprite artwork , video games (LULZ) , enjoying my cat's company , and learning old English. it's hard to learn Old English , considering it's a dead language , but it's coming along nicely .

Its a good thing in pluralistic societies that no one has to follow your idea of "what should be". People can be friends with, associate with and even marry outside their race or religion.  Sunnis and Shiites are the same religion and most are Arab and their race and religion don't stop them from killing each other.

You say you are a nationalist? Wow, that just proves you can cheer lead for a label just like believers cheer lead for their invisible friend in the sky.

I love my country too, but I am NOT a nationalist. When my country does something stupid I am not afraid to question it's actions or the politicians that run our government.

I hope you didn't join this "atheist" website thinking that godless means "evil rebels" like we are a motorcycle gang or street gang.

You "identify" with English people? I am mixed too. I am part Russian, part Irish and small part native American of some sort and other stuff as well.  AND WHAT DOES THAT MEAN TO ME, NOT A FUCKING THING, I am a human and I do not owe anyone anything just because I share the same origin or nation.

Being Canadian or English , believer or atheist are merely labels. LABELS nor bloodline nor politics make one automatically moral by proxy of label.

I hope you didn't come in here because we were "atheists" thinking we think there is a "master race". I am sorry you found some problem with yourself being mixed, but I think that is a matter of you allowing other people's baggage get to you.

There are no labels, there are merely humans who use labels to divide humans. You are not special because of your politics or religious views. You will not live forever and you cant stop bullets with your bare chest. There are 6 billion people on this planet, NO ONE IS SPECIAL, not you not me, NO ONE.

I honestly don't know what you thought you'd run into by posting this. People should be allowed to be happy in their lives INCLUDING being with others they love. If that means being of mixed race or religion, I don't see why you or any government should deny any human that right.

If you want to say that problems can occur in two people of different cultures being married and having kids. DUH. There are atheists here married to believers and some have disputes on how to treat the kids. BUT, that should never be put into a law or institution that says that people cannot make decisions for themselves.

I cant, for example live on an island, even as a single guy living alone. I still have family members and friends and co-workers I LOVE, whom believe. There personal beliefs are not what makes them moral. My observations of their actions and how they treat others and me, are what I judge them on, nothing less, nothing more.

I think maybe you have allowed negative experiences shape you instead of seeing individuals as such.

If there is something about this post you think I am misunderstanding, please clarify. If I sound angry, I am. Not at you, but the claims you have made in this post.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the

Welcome to the forum.

I consider myself a member of the human race. I'm asian, but I like white girls.

anglosaxonguy wrote:
I , myself am a person of mixed race , but I identify with the original English peoples(Also part of my Political beliefs).

So, you are part English and part something else, but you just ignore the something else part?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome anglosaxonguy!

Welcome anglosaxonguy!

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/