Hello Fellow Humans

cvd316
cvd316's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hello Fellow Humans

Hello fellow humans. I am new to the Rational Response Squad. My name is Christopher. I am a high school math teacher in Ohio in America, where in reason, not god, we trust. I was a long non-practicing christian and then actually started reading all of the bible, opening my mind, acquiring as much knowledge as possible, and before I or my wife knew it, BLAM! I was an atheist. I don't really like labels, but if you needed to label me according to how I believe the universe works, then go ahead.  By the way my young blog is http://logicandreason-dibattista.blogspot.com/.

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nice to meet you.  I'm a

Nice to meet you.  I'm a currently unemployed IT system administrator, a grandma, and living in Portland, OR.  Have fun.

Did you see today's political cartoon by Pat Oliphant?  It's a little close to my home.

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
cvd316 wrote:Hello fellow

cvd316 wrote:

Hello fellow humans. I am new to the Rational Response Squad. My name is Christopher. I am a high school math teacher in Ohio in America, where in reason, not god, we trust. I was a long non-practicing christian and then actually started reading all of the bible, opening my mind, acquiring as much knowledge as possible, and before I or my wife knew it, BLAM! I was an atheist. I don't really like labels, but if you needed to label me according to how I believe the universe works, then go ahead.  By the way my young blog is http://logicandreason-dibattista.blogspot.com/.

Welcome to the forum. I'm from Ohio most of the time (travel a bit for work). Great to hear we have at least one rational teacher in the state. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X