I'm making my stand...

Garrett4Christ
Posts: 1
Joined: 2010-07-27
User is offlineOffline
I'm making my stand...

Okay I know this is gonna start a riot but I don't care...first of all...I'm a Christian. I've accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. I've been looking thru some of the topics You guys posted on here and its really pissing me off. You guys have NO RIGHTS to be talking crap about our God. You're always talking about it, Christianity is a joke, the pastors really gets on my nerves, theres no proof that God exists! etc. we never ever talk crap about Your thoughts. Yes we talk about You but its out of pain and sorrow. You people may "Think" God doesn't exist but WE THINK OTHERWISE. Because we know the truth. We know whats best for our lives. Face the facts, You and I both know the things told about Christianity makes sense. Your hearts are just so hardened that You don't want to believe it. Think about it just for a minute. Look outside of Your tiny little box, You'll see. Just as Ray Comfort said, EVERYTHING has a creator. Things just can't form on its own. How in the world can 1 big bang create something like us humans? We have so much detail. Thats almost impossible and barely makes any sense. Right? Now I don't have any scriptures for You guys but I'm just telling You. You evolutionists say we don't have proof. Really?...REALLY?! We have SO MUCH proof. Its all around us. Do some research. There stuff in Jerusalem, Israel and other locations thats in the Bible. The Tomb itself where Jesus rose from the dead is STILL THERE on this very day. And You guys say we don't have proof?! I'm sorry to say it straight out like this but its the truth...You guys are STUBBORN. God's done so much for You and this is how You repay Him? ATLEAST do some research on Christianity before You write it off as a joke. Act before You speak. You are LIED to. Tell me that I'm right or wrong, You'll see the truth one day when You die and stand before God on Judgement Day...just as I will. But You gotta respect me for me, I'm standing up for my God. I Just can't back down. And I feel like God wanted me to tell You all of this. Jesus loves You...more than Your own family loves You. Wake up people!


KSMB
Scientist
KSMB's picture
Posts: 702
Joined: 2006-08-03
User is offlineOffline
Garrett4Christ wrote:we

Garrett4Christ wrote:
we never ever talk crap about Your thoughts.

Yes you do, your own post shows as much. The rest of your post is just the same old drivel you people drag up from the bottom of the barrel when we deny your bullshit.


Higgins
Posts: 33
Joined: 2010-07-21
User is offlineOffline
You say Christinaity has its

You say Christianity has its "proof" that there is a god which somehow is shown by the tomb of Jesus (which by the way was only 'discovered' after Constantine's Mother 'found' it). It should be noted that Islam has its proof too (see Mecca), Hindus do as well (the phenomenon that statues of the gods were eating and drinking), Judaism (the wailing wall and the state of Israel), and Buddhism (the idea that the way of the Buddha works easing human suffering). 'Proof' as it were is only able to be shown as valid to those who hold to that particular religion. Christianity is no different. You saying there is proof, that others know it, and ought to accept it is not meaningful as you will only be convinced if you subscribe to that particular belief.

 

Edit (addition):


Also if there is a god, who is all merciful and loving, judges us when we die, and knows our conscience, then why would it punish us for staying true to our conscience rather than adhering to a belief that one does not believe?

"Lycurgus, Numa, Moses, Jesus Christ, Mohammed, all these great rogues, all these great thought-tyrants, knew how to associate the divinities they fabricated with their own boundless ambition."

-Marquis de Sade


latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
Posts: 2038
Joined: 2007-06-01
User is offlineOffline
Garrett4Christ wrote:Okay I

Garrett4Christ wrote:

Okay I know this is gonna start a riot but I don't care...first of all...I'm a Christian. I've accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. I've been looking thru some of the topics You guys posted on here and its really pissing me off. You guys have NO RIGHTS to be talking crap about our God.

Actually there is a thing called freedom of speech, and in many countries it is allowed, as such we have the freedom to criticize a religious view, a religion, or any god that we please, now that doesn't mean you don't have the right to respond, of course you can just like your doing right now.

Quote:

You're always talking about it, Christianity is a joke,

It has become a joke as of late thanks to pedophile priests, TV Evangelists that are  hypocritical (Ted Haggard, Bennie Hinn and so many others) plus the amount of cover ups in the past and of course the crazy ass fundamentalists like the West Borough Church.

Quote:

the pastors really gets on my nerves, theres no proof that God exists! etc. we never ever talk crap about Your thoughts. Yes we talk about You but its out of pain and sorrow. 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH ok seriously your joking right? Christians have NEVER EVER criticize atheists or other religions? They only talk about pain and sorrow? They never insult atheists? they never try to make them out as satanists (which if you really bother to think about that one you can really figure out how stupid it is to call an atheists a satanist) that has to be the most right out lie I have heard ever.... you do know that lying is one of those things your not to do in your so called religions right?

Quote:

You people may "Think" God doesn't exist but WE THINK OTHERWISE. Because we know the truth.

Really, since when does truth involve believing without any evidence to back up your claims? Please provide your evidence that god exists

Quote:

We know whats best for our lives. Face the facts, You and I both know the things told about Christianity makes sense. Your hearts are just so hardened that You don't want to believe it.

Ok lets see, what is best for your life, if that is what you want to believe, sure you can believe that, the truth does hurt, as much as you believe in your bible, you only pick and choose those parts you want to believe in, and ignore the rest that you don't like, or just doesn't make sense, bet when you get sick you go to the doctors instead of having your church elders lay hands on you and pray for you to get better. I bet that when it comes down to it, you rather put your faith in modern medicine than god as most people will do. I highly doubt you wear cloths made of a single source instead of wearing clothes made of mixed fibers, etc, etc etc.

However lets see if the make sense part applies to christanity. God creates the universe and everything, including evil, creates humans flawed, then punishes humans for being flawed and having free will, then decided to come to earth and become both his own son and his own father, then dying, to become a zombie god, that if I think about him that I want to be saved I will be saved because he will hear my thoughts (although some how he can hear and see everything that everyone is doing) and that I have to eat his flesh and drink his blood to be saved as well.........do you really think any of this makes sense?

Quote:

Think about it just for a minute. Look outside of Your tiny little box, You'll see. Just as Ray Comfort said, EVERYTHING has a creator. Things just can't form on its own. How in the world can 1 big bang create something like us humans? We have so much detail. Thats almost impossible and barely makes any sense. Right?

OOOhhhh using banana man, a person with less scientific knowledge than a 2 year old. Please the last thing you want to use as back up is Ray Comfort.....he is a moron of epic proportions, pretty much in the same league as Kent Hovid....another christian moron that thinks that evolution (a biology field) created the universe (universe is not part of the biology field, more in the cosmology field and a few other field but evolution has ZERO to say in the big bang area)

Quote:

Now I don't have any scriptures for You guys but I'm just telling You. You evolutionists say we don't have proof. Really?...REALLY?! We have SO MUCH proof. Its all around us. Do some research. There stuff in Jerusalem, Israel and other locations that is in the Bible. The Tomb itself where Jesus rose from the dead is STILL THERE on this very day. And You guys say we don't have proof?! I'm sorry to say it straight out like this but its the truth...You guys are STUBBORN. God's done so much for You and this is how You repay Him? ATLEAST do some research on Christianity before You write it off as a joke. Act before You speak. You are LIED to. Tell me that I'm right or wrong, You'll see the truth one day when You die and stand before God on Judgement Day...just as I will. But You gotta respect me for me, I'm standing up for my God. I Just can't back down. And I feel like God wanted me to tell You all of this. Jesus loves You...more than Your own family loves You. Wake up people!

Oh right no one in the HISTORY of literature never used actual real world locations. Using your argument the Bourne Identity must have really happened since there are real world locations in that book. Jason Bourne and that entire conspiracy is actually real. The tomb is what they believe was the tomb, they have no evidence that jesus was buried there.....kinda hard without a body to prove that anyone that was called jesus was actually in there. What other hard concrete proof do you have that A: god exists B: everything jesus did actually happened and was not fabricated in any way or form like other mythological characters that may or may not have been based on actual people?

God has done so much that he left ZERO evidence to date and no way to prove that he exists, yes god has done so much for me, that I would have never achieved if I did let god do them for me.....no instead I did them myself, since god doesn't exist. I don't have to respect you, I will however attempt to do that, but you really gotta make a better argument, oh and things do form themselves, snowflakes are formed by a process, mountains, are formed by a process and life came about by a chemical process, no god involved at all in any of it. No judgment day will happen, no god no jesus of the bible so no judgment day


Kavis
atheist
Kavis's picture
Posts: 191
Joined: 2008-04-17
User is offlineOffline
First off, I'd like to beg

First off, I'd like to beg you to consider using paragraphs in the future.  It would make your posts much more readable and much less wall-of-texty.  I've broken the quotations up where I thought line breaks would have been a good idea.

Garrett4Christ wrote:

Okay I know this is gonna start a riot but I don't care...first of all...I'm a Christian. I've accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. I've been looking thru some of the topics You guys posted on here and its really pissing me off. You guys have NO RIGHTS to be talking crap about our God.

Why not?  If you want us to believe the claims of your religion, you must expect some degree of conversation on the topic.  If we find you religion's doctrines to be tyrannical, homophobic, racist, sexist, violent, short-sighted, apocalyptic, fear-mongering, and generally irrational, you should not be surprised when we say so. Examine your objections to Islam,  say, and you'll begin to understand our objections to your religion.

I'd like to note that freedom of speech, at least in the United States, only protects citizens from the government.  It does not extend to protection from other public or private entities.

Quote:

You're always talking about it, Christianity is a joke, the pastors really gets on my nerves, theres no proof that God exists! etc. we never ever talk crap about Your thoughts. Yes we talk about You but its out of pain and sorrow. You people may "Think" God doesn't exist but WE THINK OTHERWISE.

You have that right. 

Quote:

Because we know the truth. We know whats best for our lives. Face the facts, You and I both know the things told about Christianity makes sense. Your hearts are just so hardened that You don't want to believe it. Think about it just for a minute. Look outside of Your tiny little box, You'll see.

Many of us make a point of examining our biases and pre-judgements on a regular basis. I will thank you not to instruct me on my beliefs, just as you would resent it if I told you that you KNOW Jesus is the ultimate vaporware, promised every decade for the last two thousand years.

Quote:

Just as Ray Comfort said, EVERYTHING has a creator. Things just can't form on its own. How in the world can 1 big bang create something like us humans?

Stop.  Your personal misunderstandings don't outweigh the mountains of evidence we use to consider and interact with the universe.

Quote:

We have so much detail. Thats almost impossible and barely makes any sense. Right? Now I don't have any scriptures for You guys but I'm just telling You. You evolutionists say we don't have proof. Really?...REALLY?! We have SO MUCH proof. Its all around us. Do some research. There stuff in Jerusalem, Israel and other locations thats in the Bible. The Tomb itself where Jesus rose from the dead is STILL THERE on this very day. And You guys say we don't have proof?! I'm sorry to say it straight out like this but its the truth...You guys are STUBBORN.

Many of us have done exactly that kind of research.  For many of us, it was that kind of research that led us to atheism.  I, for one, began to doubt when I noticed the Old Testament is a laundry list of plagiarized myths from civilizations hundreds or thousands of years older.

Quote:

God's done so much for You and this is how You repay Him? ATLEAST do some research on Christianity before You write it off as a joke. Act before You speak. You are LIED to. Tell me that I'm right or wrong, You'll see the truth one day when You die and stand before God on Judgement Day...just as I will. But You gotta respect me for me, I'm standing up for my God. I Just can't back down. And I feel like God wanted me to tell You all of this. Jesus loves You...more than Your own family loves You. Wake up people!

Your arguments are not convincing. Certainly not in the philosophical sense, and even less in the persuasive sense.  Intimidating people into belief by claiming God will be ever-so-disappointed with us someday is not a hallmark of intellectual honesty.

Religion is a virus.
Fight the infection.


Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5134
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
Nice stand, Garrett.

 

Jesus must be very pleased with you for staring down the nasty atheists from behind the safety of your keyboard.

 

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
So you have pledged your

So you have pledged your allegiance to a myth, gratz.

next!


ubuntuAnyone
Theist
ubuntuAnyone's picture
Posts: 862
Joined: 2009-08-06
User is offlineOffline
Garrett4Christ wrote:Okay I

Garrett4Christ wrote:

Okay I know this is gonna start a riot but I don't care...first of all...I'm a Christian. I've accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. I've been looking thru some of the topics You guys posted on here and its really pissing me off. You guys have NO RIGHTS to be talking crap about our God. You're always talking about it, Christianity is a joke, the pastors really gets on my nerves, theres no proof that God exists! etc. we never ever talk crap about Your thoughts. Yes we talk about You but its out of pain and sorrow. You people may "Think" God doesn't exist but WE THINK OTHERWISE. Because we know the truth. We know whats best for our lives. Face the facts, You and I both know the things told about Christianity makes sense. Your hearts are just so hardened that You don't want to believe it. Think about it just for a minute. Look outside of Your tiny little box, You'll see. Just as Ray Comfort said, EVERYTHING has a creator. Things just can't form on its own. How in the world can 1 big bang create something like us humans? We have so much detail. Thats almost impossible and barely makes any sense. Right? Now I don't have any scriptures for You guys but I'm just telling You. You evolutionists say we don't have proof. Really?...REALLY?! We have SO MUCH proof. Its all around us. Do some research. There stuff in Jerusalem, Israel and other locations thats in the Bible. The Tomb itself where Jesus rose from the dead is STILL THERE on this very day. And You guys say we don't have proof?! I'm sorry to say it straight out like this but its the truth...You guys are STUBBORN. God's done so much for You and this is how You repay Him? ATLEAST do some research on Christianity before You write it off as a joke. Act before You speak. You are LIED to. Tell me that I'm right or wrong, You'll see the truth one day when You die and stand before God on Judgement Day...just as I will. But You gotta respect me for me, I'm standing up for my God. I Just can't back down. And I feel like God wanted me to tell You all of this. Jesus loves You...more than Your own family loves You. Wake up people!

Flamebait.

“Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.”


Joker
atheist
Joker's picture
Posts: 180
Joined: 2010-07-23
User is offlineOffline
As a simple question, what

As a simple question, what proof do you claim to have access to that isn't your holy doctrine? I ask this because plenty of people claim to have evidence of their deity, as Cameron and Comfort did, and it really didn't work very well.


Billy Bob Jenkins
Theist
Billy Bob Jenkins's picture
Posts: 184
Joined: 2010-07-14
User is offlineOffline
Garrett4Christ wrote:Okay I

Garrett4Christ wrote:

Okay I know this is gonna start a riot but I don't care...first of all...I'm a Christian. I've accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior.

 

Matthew 7:21-23 (King James Version) 21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

So you think all you have to do is accept Jesus Christ as your personal savior? The Bible says otherwise. Have you obeyed the Lord and done His Will? If not, you are damned. And don't expect my sympathy.

Garrett4Christ wrote:
I've been looking thru some of the topics You guys posted on here and its really pissing me off. You guys have NO RIGHTS to be talking crap about our God.

Now I'll agree with you here. Christians have every right to oppose atheism, because atheism is a belief system founded on nothing. We are motivated by righteousness to believe in God, whereas an atheist is motivated by mischief and deceit. So we have every right to deny them the right to think freely, but they have no right to question our belief in God. I'm with you there.

Garrett4Christ wrote:
You're always talking about it, Christianity is a joke, the pastors really gets on my nerves, theres no proof that God exists! etc. we never ever talk crap about Your thoughts. Yes we talk about You but its out of pain and sorrow. 
It's true. Christians use tough love to guide atheists away from eternal damnation and toward eternal reward. That's why we deny your right to murder babies, or to commit sodomy with same sex partners. That's why we want to teach your children that the scientific method is extraneous to science, and the world is 6,000 years old. Because we want you to know the truth, as we know it, and celebrate that truth in Heaven for all eternity while worshipping at His Holy Feet. We do all of these things out of Love, and you should change your entire lifestyle and the structure  of your social institutions for that reason.
Garrett4Christ wrote:

You people may "Think" God doesn't exist but WE THINK OTHERWISE. Because we know the truth. We know whats best for our lives. Face the facts, You and I both know the things told about Christianity makes sense. Your hearts are just so hardened that You don't want to believe it. Think about it just for a minute. Look outside of Your tiny little box, You'll see.

Yeah, "face the facts", atheists. You know deep down that there is a God, and that He is the God of the KJV1611. Everyone knows that. Because, look around, at all this stuff He created. The only reason you deny His existence is because you are so in love with sin that you can't justify it any other way. "If God would let me have anal, then sure, I'd believe in Him. But as it stands..."

Garrett4Christ wrote:

Just as Ray Comfort said, EVERYTHING has a creator. Things just can't form on its own. How in the world can 1 big bang create something like us humans? We have so much detail. Thats almost impossible and barely makes any sense. Right? Now I don't have any scriptures for You guys but I'm just telling You.

*Screech!* You don't have any scriptures? What kind of Christian are you? You must be a Catlicker or something.

Garrett4Christ wrote:
You evolutionists say we don't have proof. Really?...REALLY?! We have SO MUCH proof. Its all around us. Do some research. There stuff in Jerusalem, Israel and other locations thats in the Bible. The Tomb itself where Jesus rose from the dead is STILL THERE on this very day. And You guys say we don't have proof?!

There is a tomb in Israel. Obviously our Lord came back from the dead inside of it.

Garrett4Christ wrote:
I'm sorry to say it straight out like this but its the truth...You guys are STUBBORN. God's done so much for You and this is how You repay Him?
You know how the story goes. How could you not believe a story that involves someone making the ultimate sacrifice for you? This should lend credence to all of the supernatural events that took place in the story as well.

Garrett4Christ wrote:
ATLEAST do some research on Christianity before You write it off as a joke. Act before You speak. You are LIED to. Tell me that I'm right or wrong, You'll see the truth one day when You die and stand before God on Judgement Day...just as I will. But You gotta respect me for me, I'm standing up for my God. I Just can't back down. And I feel like God wanted me to tell You all of this. Jesus loves You...more than Your own family loves You. Wake up people!

   Well Garrett, you've said a few right things. You might be a True Christian, but who would know. You don't show us your bonafides. Remember, Garrett, a True Christian never sins, and that means no masturbating:

1st John 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

Masturbation is the only sin I have ever committed, and that was a long, long, time ago. How about you Garrett? Have you ever masturbated?

The Truest Christian these atheists will ever meet. I worship the only Lord at the Church with the Truest Christians: Landover Baptist.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15831
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Garrett4Christ wrote:Okay I

Garrett4Christ wrote:

Okay I know this is gonna start a riot but I don't care...first of all...I'm a Christian. I've accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior.

You do care otherwise you wouldn't be here. But that is ok, we like riots(strictly in a debate-non-violent sense).

But please, if you learn anything by being here PLEASE KNOW AND AT LEAST ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING.

None of use hate you personally. We have never met you. We might hate the absurd bullshit you claim, but that is a separate issue. If you spend your time here taking things personally, you will be miserable and you wont learn a damned thing and you will be wasting your time and ours.

We will not barbecue your kittens, we do not worship Hitler. We merely do not hold a belief in any god, not just yours, but any and all claimed now or in the past. To us you could be claiming Thor was real and it would still mean the same to us.

HERE IS MY CASE AGAINST ANY CLAIM OF ANY GOD, not just yours.

Thinking requires material. Brains are required to think. As such humans, past and present, all over the world, then and now, people who claim gods are real DO NOT have any credible evidence of an invisible magical super brain with magical super powers, by any name.

Please do not waste our time making this about hating all Christians, it is about what one utters out of their mouth.

EXAMPLE:

Person A makes the claim "The Chargers won the Super Bowl last year"

Skeptic, "Bullshit, the Saints won the Super Bowl last year"

THAT IS ALL WE DO HERE. If a claim sounds like bullshit to us, it doesn't matter if you are talking about fictional invisible friend in the sky, or claiming that the Transporter from Star Trec is real. If you utter something we are going to question it, no matter the subject matter, be it about gods or anything else. It is nothing personal, it is merely what we do here.

If you can accept that the Egyptians falsely believed that the sun was a thinking super daddy in the sky, what makes you think any modern human of any religion isn't making that same mistake?

Now, specifically to Christianity and why I reject that as well as all other god claims.

The two most important stories in the Christian bible being the birth and death of Jesus ARE scientifically ABSURD CLAIMS.

It takes TWO sets of DNA to manifest into a zygote, thus making claims of sky daddy invisible sperm with no DNA and nothing but "poof" logic, bullshit.

 

And then allegedly this guy magically got speared in the side, would have had all the blood drain out of his body, suffered complete organ death, brain death, lack of oxygen, cell death, then rigor mortis somehow, without explination, magically becomes a zombie 3 days later. AGAIN, bullshit.

Even Thomas Jefferson, who was a deist, not an atheist, thought the virgin birth and death of Jesus were absurd stories.

You can take my words wrongfully as being hateful, which they are not. Blasphemous and blunt and certainly may hurt your feelings. But I don't do it out of hate or bigotry. It is merely a challenge to you to think for yourself without a puppet master hand up your back.

Another example:

Person A claims, "I can fix your car by sprinkling pixy dust on it"

Skeptic, "Bullshit, and here is why that won't work".

Again, if you insist on taking our blasphemy personally and childishly and falsely as being hateful, you wont learn a damned thing here and you will be wasting your time.

Do not come in here expecting us to play nice verbally. We don't mind you being here, but please do not expect to placate your insecurities or treat your god claims with kid gloves. Saying you got it wrong is not an act of hate, it merely means maybe YOU should look within yourself and kick the tires of your own claims instead of falsely accusing others of things they are not doing.

I hope you are mature enough to handle our roughness here and I hope you are introspectively brave enough to stick it out. Even if you never change your position, at a minimum what you should at least know is that we have the right to question your religion as much as you question the claims of others. No one is special, not you not me.

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
Posts: 1868
Joined: 2008-01-25
User is offlineOffline
Garrett4Christ wrote:Okay I

Garrett4Christ wrote:

Okay I know this is gonna start a riot but I don't care...first of all...I'm a Christian. I've accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. I've been looking thru some of the topics You guys posted on here and its really pissing me off.

Well, then -- forgive me.

"Yes, I seriously believe that consciousness is a product of a natural process. I find that the neuroscientists, psychologists, and philosophers who proceed from that premise are the ones who are actually making useful contributions to our understanding of the mind." - PZ Myers


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15831
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
The bottom line is that

The bottom line is that magic does not exist.

We know for example that George Washington existed. But no sane person in their right mind would claim he could fart a modern Lamborghini out of his ass.

The City of New York as well, is a REAL PLACE. But no sane person who sees Superman in a movie flying around the Statue of Liberty, literally believes a human can fly like that.

There are lots of absurd claims throughout history that have been dumped because of new discoveries. Since I know what DNA is, and I know it takes two sets to manifest into a baby, I cannot allow my brains to fall out and buy the absurd claim of a virgin birth, anymore than you believe that Superman is real and can fly, merely because you saw it in a movie.

Just because you read something in a book, any book, doesn't make it true by proxy of popular belief. The worlds population once believed the earth was flat, and they were wrong.

I can find the moral motifs of friendship, kindness, loyalty and sacrifice in fiction like Harry Potter and Star Wars without literally believing that boys can fly around on brooms, or without believing in "The Force" of Star Wars.

BY ANY NAME of any label of and god claimed in human history, I find it absurd to claim that a brain with no brain, no cerebellum, no neurons, no location, that resides everywhere and nowhere at the same time, that has magical super powers, exists.

The only proper and rational response to invisible super brains is simple and blunt. BULLSHIT.

Humans have always invented gods and I don't give modern popular belief a pass just because it is popular. You can redress a skunk of an argument countless ways but it will never change the starting point of the claim itself. Your Christian god is no different to me than Thor or Mickey Mouse or Allah. All are mere inventions of human imagination.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15831
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Quote:You guys have NO

Quote:
You guys have NO RIGHTS to be talking crap about our God.

Ok, so Jefferson, who thought Jesus was a mere man and not a magical super hero, I guess he had no right to write an entire bible stripping it of the magical claims? You have heard of Jefferson's bible haven't you?

I have every right to question absurd claims and do not need your permission to do such. No one put a gun to your head and forced you to post here.

Is that how you want us to view you? We have no rights? You mean like Christians and Jews living in Iran have no rights? Is that what you want for your fellow human, submit to your god like mindless robots? If I wanted to bow to a god mindlessly without question I would live in Iran. Since I don't want to live in a theocracy, I can and will question anything I see fit, and I do not need your permission.

I think even Thomas Jefferson would agree with me:

"Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a god; because, if there be one, he must approve the homage of reason rather than of blind-folded fear. Do not be frightened from this inquiry by any fear of its consequences.... IF IT END IN A BELIEF THERE IS NO GOD, you will find incitements to virtue in the comfort and pleasantness you feel in its exercise and in the love of others it will procure for you."

THOMAS JEFFERSON, LETTER TO PETER CARR AUGUST 10TH 1787

"If we did a good act merely from the love of God and a belief that it is pleasing to Him, whence arises the morality of the Atheist? It is idle to say, as some do, that no such thing exists" THOMAS JEFFERSON, LETTER TO THOMAS LAW JUNE 13TH 1814

(He admits that atheist are capable of morality)

"Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them; and no man ever had a distinct idea of the trinity. It is the mere Abracadabra of the mountebanks calling themselves the priests of Jesus." THOMAS JEFFERSON, LETTER TO FRANCIS ADRIAN VAN DER KEMP JULY 30 1816

"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as his father, in the womb of a virgin, will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter." THOMAS JEFFERSON, LETTER TO JOHN ADAMS APRIL 11 1823

If you are going to call atheists assholes then you have to include BELIEVER Thomas Jefferson an asshole too. He believed in a generic god of nature, and liked the moral stories of the bible, but did not like the magical claims, nor would he like your "YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS" attitude in thinking we have no right to question your beliefs.

I am sorry it pisses you off, but again, no one put a gun to your head and forced you to post here. We are not bad guys merely because what we say might offend you. What should really offend you is your own willful swallowing a claim someone sold you without question. We are actually trying to help people like you.

 

 

 


 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15831
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
AND AGAINWhen you, or any

AND AGAIN

When you, or any believer of a super natural god by any name anywhere in the world says, "DON'T PICK ON MY GOD"

I get the image of a midget standing spread eagle standing in front of the Terminator shouting, "DONT PICK ON MY ALL POWERFUL GOD, YOU MIGHT HURT HIM"?

If I am a midget compared to this claimed all powerful god who could squash me like a bug, what could I possibly do or say to hurt such a god? Why would this "all powerful" being need you, a finite less powerful human, protecting him? Is he that much of a wimp he needs human help to protect himself?

And what does this say about your/his morality? We have things all over the world threatening our species that kill humans all the time. Disease, natural disasters, hunger, crime and war, that kill millions of humans every year and your god's top priority is being worried about being called names? And exactly how are you any different than the Muslims who kill Christians when their precious Allah gets picked on?

Your god is pathetic if it can be hurt by being called names.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Billy Bob Jenkins
Theist
Billy Bob Jenkins's picture
Posts: 184
Joined: 2010-07-14
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:The worlds

Brian37 wrote:

The worlds population once believed the earth was flat, and they were wrong.

It is you who is wrong, atheist. God clearly states that the Earth is flat many times in His Holiest of Books, the Bible. And God is not wrong! 

The Earth has spheres and corners, as you will see. And the stars are small enough to fall to the Earth from Heaven. And when you go up to an "exceeding high" mountain or point, you can see the entire world. So obviously the Earth is flat.

Job 38:13 13 That it might take hold of the ENDS OF THE EARTH, that the wicked might be shaken out of it?


Jeremiah 16:19 19 O LORD, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ENDS OF THE EARTH, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit.


Isaiah 11:12 12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH.


Revelation 6:13 (King James Version) 13And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.


Revelation 7:1 (King James Version) 1And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.


Daniel 4:10-11 (King James Version) 10Thus were the visions of mine head in my bed; I saw, and behold a tree in the midst of the earth, and the height thereof was great. 11The tree grew, and was strong, and the height thereof reached unto heaven, and the sight thereof to the end of all the earth:


Matthew 4:8 (King James Version) 8Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

The Truest Christian these atheists will ever meet. I worship the only Lord at the Church with the Truest Christians: Landover Baptist.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15831
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Billy Bob Jenkins

Billy Bob Jenkins wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

The worlds population once believed the earth was flat, and they were wrong.

It is you who is wrong, atheist. God clearly states that the Earth is flat many times in His Holiest of Books, the Bible. And God is not wrong! 

The Earth has spheres and corners, as you will see. And the stars are small enough to fall to the Earth from Heaven. And when you go up to an "exceeding high" mountain or point, you can see the entire world. So obviously the Earth is flat.

Job 38:13 13 That it might take hold of the ENDS OF THE EARTH, that the wicked might be shaken out of it?


Jeremiah 16:19 19 O LORD, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ENDS OF THE EARTH, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit.


Isaiah 11:12 12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH.


Revelation 6:13 (King James Version) 13And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.


Revelation 7:1 (King James Version) 1And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.


Daniel 4:10-11 (King James Version) 10Thus were the visions of mine head in my bed; I saw, and behold a tree in the midst of the earth, and the height thereof was great. 11The tree grew, and was strong, and the height thereof reached unto heaven, and the sight thereof to the end of all the earth:


Matthew 4:8 (King James Version) 8Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

HOLY SHIT BATMAN, I didn't know that merely quoting a book constitutes truth. Oh boy, astrophysicists Neil Degrass Tyson, and Karl Sagan fucked up with their pesky science with their pesky telescopes and such. What the fuck were they thinking?

So by proxy of popular belief all we have to do is believe a quote from an ancient book? So when A Muslim quotes the Koran, it is true by default? Shit, that means I have to believe in Allah AND Jesus.

I am soooooo glad you saved me from science when all that was needed was faith. You saved my life. Now I will be going to a Mosque on Friday and a church on Sunday. But that brings up another problem?

Do I go to a Sunni or Shiite mosque? Do I go to a Baptist or Catholic church?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Billy Bob Jenkins
Theist
Billy Bob Jenkins's picture
Posts: 184
Joined: 2010-07-14
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Billy Bob

Brian37 wrote:

Billy Bob Jenkins wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

The worlds population once believed the earth was flat, and they were wrong.

It is you who is wrong, atheist. God clearly states that the Earth is flat many times in His Holiest of Books, the Bible. And God is not wrong! 

The Earth has spheres and corners, as you will see. And the stars are small enough to fall to the Earth from Heaven. And when you go up to an "exceeding high" mountain or point, you can see the entire world. So obviously the Earth is flat.

Job 38:13 13 That it might take hold of the ENDS OF THE EARTH, that the wicked might be shaken out of it?


Jeremiah 16:19 19 O LORD, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ENDS OF THE EARTH, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit.


Isaiah 11:12 12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH.


Revelation 6:13 (King James Version) 13And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.


Revelation 7:1 (King James Version) 1And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.


Daniel 4:10-11 (King James Version) 10Thus were the visions of mine head in my bed; I saw, and behold a tree in the midst of the earth, and the height thereof was great. 11The tree grew, and was strong, and the height thereof reached unto heaven, and the sight thereof to the end of all the earth:


Matthew 4:8 (King James Version) 8Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

HOLY SHIT BATMAN, I didn't know that merely quoting a book constitutes truth. Oh boy, astrophysicists Neil Degrass Tyson, and Karl Sagan fucked up with their pesky science with their pesky telescopes and such. What the fuck were they thinking?

So by proxy of popular belief all we have to do is believe a quote from an ancient book? So when A Muslim quotes the Koran, it is true by default? Shit, that means I have to believe in Allah AND Jesus.

I am soooooo glad you saved me from science when all that was needed was faith. You saved my life. Now I will be going to a Mosque on Friday and a church on Sunday. But that brings up another problem?

Do I go to a Sunni or Shiite mosque? Do I go to a Baptist or Catholic church?

You should go to a Baptist Church.

Don't go to a mosque. Allah is just a demon pretending to be God, and doing a poor job of disguising himself I might add.

I'm glad I was finally able to save your soul! Hallelujia!

The Truest Christian these atheists will ever meet. I worship the only Lord at the Church with the Truest Christians: Landover Baptist.


nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
Posts: 1868
Joined: 2008-01-25
User is offlineOffline
Billy Bob Jenkins wrote:You

Billy Bob Jenkins wrote:
You should go to a Baptist Church.

Don't go to a mosque. Allah is just a demon pretending to be God, and doing a poor job of disguising himself I might add.

I'm glad I was finally able to save your soul! Hallelujia!

Dude, you are now my favorite. If you're not a Poe, you are beautifully insane; and if you are a Poe, you are one of the best. Ever.

Either way, you are now my favorite.

"Yes, I seriously believe that consciousness is a product of a natural process. I find that the neuroscientists, psychologists, and philosophers who proceed from that premise are the ones who are actually making useful contributions to our understanding of the mind." - PZ Myers


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3944
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
Garrett4Christ wrote: Just

Garrett4Christ wrote:

 Just as Ray Comfort said, EVERYTHING has a creator.

Who created your God?

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen


Billy Bob Jenkins
Theist
Billy Bob Jenkins's picture
Posts: 184
Joined: 2010-07-14
User is offlineOffline
nigelTheBold wrote:Billy Bob

nigelTheBold wrote:

Billy Bob Jenkins wrote:
You should go to a Baptist Church.

Don't go to a mosque. Allah is just a demon pretending to be God, and doing a poor job of disguising himself I might add.

I'm glad I was finally able to save your soul! Hallelujia!

Dude, you are now my favorite. If you're not a Poe, you are beautifully insane; and if you are a Poe, you are one of the best. Ever.

Either way, you are now my favorite.

Well that is nice of you to say, but Jesus is my favorite.

I am certainly no Poe! I am a True Christian Soldier, as real as they come!

The Truest Christian these atheists will ever meet. I worship the only Lord at the Church with the Truest Christians: Landover Baptist.


Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
Posts: 868
Joined: 2008-02-06
User is offlineOffline
My Garrett is an Awesome

My Garrett is an Awesome Garrett


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:Garrett4Christ

EXC wrote:

Garrett4Christ wrote:

 Just as Ray Comfort said, EVERYTHING has a creator.

Who created your God?

Super imagination man created god, and I think Chuck Norris created him and Bruce Campbell created him so the real question here is, who created the Bruce?

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


Higgins
Posts: 33
Joined: 2010-07-21
User is offlineOffline
Billy Bob Jenkins wrote:I am

Billy Bob Jenkins wrote:

I am certainly no Poe! I am a True Christian Soldier, as real as they come!

 

Oh Oh I can quote the KJV too...watch...

 

Deuteronomy 22: 23-24

If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband and a man find her in the city, and lie with her; Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city; and the man because he hath humbled his neighbour's wife: so thou shalt put away evil from among you.

 

Jeremiah 48: 10

Cursed be he that doeth the work of the LORD deceitfully, and cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood.

 

So if I were to listen to this book, I could rape a woman who is betroved to another man and if she does not cry out (say I covered her mouth so she wouldn't) she needs to be killed? Oh and if I do not kill then I am cursed. Perhaps you should see if these would hold up in court after all we are a Christian nation.

 

"Lycurgus, Numa, Moses, Jesus Christ, Mohammed, all these great rogues, all these great thought-tyrants, knew how to associate the divinities they fabricated with their own boundless ambition."

-Marquis de Sade


Higgins
Posts: 33
Joined: 2010-07-21
User is offlineOffline
Billy Bob Jenkins

Billy Bob Jenkins wrote:

God clearly states that the Earth is flat many times in His Holiest of Books, the Bible. And God is not wrong! 

So logically there should be no contridictions in the Bible after all if the Bible is the word of God and He is not wrong then why would he created a book with contradictions?:

Note All Citations come from the KJV:

Genesis 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good...(continues)

and

Genesis 6:6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

 

Lamentations 3:35 Out of the mouth of the most High proceedeth not evil and good?

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things

and

James 1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man.

 

Matthew 1:16 And Jacob beget Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ

and

Luke 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,

 

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction, in righteousness

and

1 Corinthians 7:6 But I speak this by permission, and not by commandment

1 Corinthians 7:12 But the rest speak I, not the Lord...(continues)

 

So as you see the Bible contradicts itself. Perhaps you can explain to me Billy Bob how things can be and not be simultaneously?

"Lycurgus, Numa, Moses, Jesus Christ, Mohammed, all these great rogues, all these great thought-tyrants, knew how to associate the divinities they fabricated with their own boundless ambition."

-Marquis de Sade


Koopa
Koopa's picture
Posts: 20
Joined: 2010-06-15
User is offlineOffline
Hai. I have a right to talk

Hai.

 

I have a right to talk crap about your god. I have two of the most severe possible mental illnesses imaginable, one of which is schizophrenia. Do you even understand what this does to you? It's not necessarily a walk in the park if you ask me. Where was god for me? I wasn't born an atheist, but what I was born with was PDD-NOS and undifferentiated schizophrenia. Your god is a piece of shit and is the only one who deserves to burn in hell if he exists... which he doesn't.

Mild PDD-NOS and severe undifferentiated schizophrenia.
It's people like me that should put the oh so loving Christian god to shame, but don't... These people are crazier than I am.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15831
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Koopa wrote:Hai. I have a

Koopa wrote:

Hai.

 

I have a right to talk crap about your god. I have two of the most severe possible mental illnesses imaginable, one of which is schizophrenia. Do you even understand what this does to you? It's not necessarily a walk in the park if you ask me. Where was god for me? I wasn't born an atheist, but what I was born with was PDD-NOS and undifferentiated schizophrenia. Your god is a piece of shit and is the only one who deserves to burn in hell if he exists... which he doesn't.

 

No one's god is a "piece of shit" anymore than Mickey Mouse is a piece of shit. What sucks is the claim of a super dad, not the alleged existence of  a super dad. But as a concept and a claim, "all loving" and "all powerful" certainly does not square with human suffering, not just your condition, but all who suffer and all who have suffered and died in human history.

The very idea of someone with super powers whose fans paint this being as being their perfect security guard certainly has an arbitrary system.

Whereas when you strip life from the needless claims of magic, your condition, and all of human suffering make sense. Shit happens and some people out of the 6 billion have better luck and better conditions and others have worse luck and worse conditions.

Life is not a battle between Superman vs Kriptonite. You did nothing to deserve your disease, you simply fell in as part of a statistic based on natural factors.

I have the same anger towards these comic book super hero claims when it comes to my mother. If god is testing me, then why the fuck is my mother suffering from chronic(not fatal) but collective long term problems. Knowing how independent she is, watching her not be able to walk and be stuck in a scooter, and had to move to a retirement home, and is on oxygen for COPD, amongst other things.

My mother spent 30 years as a teacher and to this day spoils me rotten. So if there were such an alleged being, all one could call this being is a fucking prick. If god is angry at humans or testing humans, he certainly seems to be taking it out even on his loyal fans who haven't done anything wrong.

It isn't an actual being atheists are angry at, but the absurdity and sick logic people use to justify such claims. It makes no sense.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
The ideology and flagrant

The ideology and flagrant rubbing of everyone nose in it. On occasion I find it to be "cutesy" like a child who believes in santa or the tooth fairy but mostly it's annoying and it's all over the place. Three houses of fantasy on my way to and from work daily (about a mile drive) and they just put up a new pentecostal church nearby. People pay money and spend time to be willfully ignorant, I would say thats a cause worthy of anger and ridicule.

When your religion leaves my life my opinion on the subject may leave yours.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


Billy Bob Jenkins
Theist
Billy Bob Jenkins's picture
Posts: 184
Joined: 2010-07-14
User is offlineOffline
Higgins wrote:So logically

Higgins wrote:

So logically there should be no contridictions in the Bible after all if the Bible is the word of God and He is not wrong then why would he created a book with contradictions?:

That is correct.

Higgins wrote:
Note All Citations come from the KJV:
I'm sure the Lord is pleased that you are so fluent with your KJV1611. Unfortunately, I don't think He will be very pleased with this little game you are playing.
Higgins wrote:

Genesis 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good...(continues)

and

Genesis 6:6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

 

Obviously, the creation was good at the time He said it was good, and then later it became evil so it repented Him. Duh!

 

Higgins wrote:
Lamentations 3:35 Out of the mouth of the most High proceedeth not evil and good?

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things

and

James 1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man.

 

The Lord does not tempt people, but the evil He creates (e.g. Satan, Barack Obama) does.

Higgins wrote:
Matthew 1:16 And Jacob beget Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ

and

Luke 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,

  

  Joseph's mother was originally married to Jacob, but was divorced and remarried to Heli. So Joseph was the biological son of Jacob, but the legal son of Heli.

Higgins wrote:
2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction, in righteousness

and

1 Corinthians 7:6 But I speak this by permission, and not by commandment

1 Corinthians 7:12 But the rest speak I, not the Lord...(continues)

This one is just silly. You are really reaching. You just want the Bible to be contradictory so that you can justify having anal sex with other men. You're not fooling anyone, especially not God.

The Truest Christian these atheists will ever meet. I worship the only Lord at the Church with the Truest Christians: Landover Baptist.


cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
Posts: 3330
Joined: 2007-01-05
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:I have the

Brian37 wrote:

I have the same anger towards these comic book super hero claims when it comes to my mother. If god is testing me, then why the fuck is my mother suffering from chronic(not fatal) but collective long term problems. Knowing how independent she is, watching her not be able to walk and be stuck in a scooter, and had to move to a retirement home, and is on oxygen for COPD, amongst other things.

 

After hanging around a nursing home for a year while my mom died very painfully of pluerisy, all I can say is if god/s/dess exists, s/he/it/they must hate little old men and little old ladies.  I can't think of any positive outcomes from torturing people who almost all profess to believing in the sadistic sucker.

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.


Higgins
Posts: 33
Joined: 2010-07-21
User is offlineOffline
@ Billy BobSo the ad hominem

@ Billy Bob

So the ad hominem attacks notwithstanding, the point I was trying to make is that the Bible is contradictory to both itself (I can list other verses need be) and to the betterment of the human race as a whole (can list other verses as well). When read literally, the Bible looses much of its value as a book, it attempts to constrain the human spirit for no other reason than to constrain, but if you are to read the Bible as a thinking and rational being, then the meaning, beauty, and understanding can be applied to a modern audience. Keep in mind the authors of the various books of the bible were for the most part a people in exile, a religious minority, and appealing to their audience at the time. It is only the people of relative current times who have ascribed 'Holiness' to it. Personally, I find Song of Solomon to be one of the most beautiful works ever written.

It should also be noted that for the most part that human beings no longer need any god. I say this because the purpose of gods prior to the enlightenment was to a. create life ex nihilo, b. to serve as a means of morality, and (arguably) c. to serve as a means for salvation. So a. we have created life not exactly out of nothing but I would say it is very very close, b. we have done this as well with every ethical system which does not rely upon a god as the source of authority (see Deontological Ethics for the one closest to the 'morality' described in the Bible), and c. the majority of the human race is not attempting to find salvation, making this one superfluous.

"Lycurgus, Numa, Moses, Jesus Christ, Mohammed, all these great rogues, all these great thought-tyrants, knew how to associate the divinities they fabricated with their own boundless ambition."

-Marquis de Sade


Billy Bob Jenkins
Theist
Billy Bob Jenkins's picture
Posts: 184
Joined: 2010-07-14
User is offlineOffline
Higgins wrote:@ Billy BobSo

Higgins wrote:

@ Billy Bob

So the ad hominem attacks notwithstanding, the point I was trying to make is that the Bible is contradictory to both itself (I can list other verses need be) and to the betterment of the human race as a whole (can list other verses as well). When read literally, the Bible looses much of its value as a book, it attempts to constrain the human spirit for no other reason than to constrain, but if you are to read the Bible as a thinking and rational being, then the meaning, beauty, and understanding can be applied to a modern audience. Keep in mind the authors of the various books of the bible were for the most part a people in exile, a religious minority, and appealing to their audience at the time. It is only the people of relative current times who have ascribed 'Holiness' to it. Personally, I find Song of Solomon to be one of the most beautiful works ever written.

It should also be noted that for the most part that human beings no longer need any god. I say this because the purpose of gods prior to the enlightenment was to a. create life ex nihilo, b. to serve as a means of morality, and (arguably) c. to serve as a means for salvation. So a. we have created life not exactly out of nothing but I would say it is very very close, b. we have done this as well with every ethical system which does not rely upon a god as the source of authority (see Deontological Ethics for the one closest to the 'morality' described in the Bible), and c. the majority of the human race is not attempting to find salvation, making this one superfluous.

The Lord says what He means and means what He says. There is no need for any fancy interpretation. The Bible is not a code. God is not trying to trick anybody.

The Truest Christian these atheists will ever meet. I worship the only Lord at the Church with the Truest Christians: Landover Baptist.


Higgins
Posts: 33
Joined: 2010-07-21
User is offlineOffline
@Billy BobI'm not saying He

@Billy Bob

I'm not saying He is, but you have to admit that not everyone speaks Hebrew, Greek, or Aramaic the three principle languages which the books of the Bible were written in. But there are nuances of meaning inherent in language which we must anticipate. For example at the time which most of the First Testament (aka Old Testament) was written, there was no Hebrew word for what we would consider 'wife' in fact the word which is used and sometimes mistranslated is the Hebrew word 'woman'. The transition into English fundamentally changed the meaning of many passages. Also taking into account we live in an ever changing world then the idea that books written between 1800 and 3000 years ago ought to have significant meaning today when taken at face value would be lunacy. To give an analogy say you are sick (easy since many Christians believe that unless you are 'saved' you are going to hell), would you rather take, jade, opium, and marijuana (common medicines 3000 years ago), probably not. Human beings are constantly changing in every way possible, we are developing and creating, because of this interpretation is needed the idea that I can sell my daughter into slavery no longer applies, or that I ought to be killed if I sell my possessions and then keep some of the money (Acts 5:1 - 20) no longer longer applies.

Also I would like to point out that there is no reason for you to think that because I point out contradictions that I would want to have anal sex with other men. Perhaps I should remind you of Exodus 20:16, Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.

"Lycurgus, Numa, Moses, Jesus Christ, Mohammed, all these great rogues, all these great thought-tyrants, knew how to associate the divinities they fabricated with their own boundless ambition."

-Marquis de Sade


Koopa
Koopa's picture
Posts: 20
Joined: 2010-06-15
User is offlineOffline
It's interesting, life is

It's interesting, life is God's test to decide whether or not you are worthy for heaven. So basically, God bends you over and fucks you in the ass during your life, but is nicer to you after you die. Whereas Satan is kindly towards you in life only if you sell your soul to him and promise to suffer in hell after you die.

Choose your side.

Mild PDD-NOS and severe undifferentiated schizophrenia.
It's people like me that should put the oh so loving Christian god to shame, but don't... These people are crazier than I am.


Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5134
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
One of my old man's

cj wrote:

After hanging around a nursing home for a year while my mom died very painfully of pluerisy, all I can say is if god/s/dess exists, s/he/it/they must hate little old men and little old ladies.  I can't think of any positive outcomes from torturing people who almost all profess to believing in the sadistic sucker.

 

Final coherent sentences in the nursing home was: "Why is god punishing me?". Perhaps that indicates a person's mindset. I guess there was some consolation in Mum's constant reassurances that this was the 'final test'.

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


Billy Bob Jenkins
Theist
Billy Bob Jenkins's picture
Posts: 184
Joined: 2010-07-14
User is offlineOffline
Higgins wrote:@Billy BobI'm

Higgins wrote:

@Billy Bob

I'm not saying He is, but you have to admit that not everyone speaks Hebrew, Greek, or Aramaic the three principle languages which the books of the Bible were written in. But there are nuances of meaning inherent in language which we must anticipate. For example at the time which most of the First Testament (aka Old Testament) was written, there was no Hebrew word for what we would consider 'wife' in fact the word which is used and sometimes mistranslated is the Hebrew word 'woman'. The transition into English fundamentally changed the meaning of many passages. Also taking into account we live in an ever changing world then the idea that books written between 1800 and 3000 years ago ought to have significant meaning today when taken at face value would be lunacy. To give an analogy say you are sick (easy since many Christians believe that unless you are 'saved' you are going to hell), would you rather take, jade, opium, and marijuana (common medicines 3000 years ago), probably not. Human beings are constantly changing in every way possible, we are developing and creating, because of this interpretation is needed the idea that I can sell my daughter into slavery no longer applies, or that I ought to be killed if I sell my possessions and then keep some of the money (Acts 5:1 - 20) no longer longer applies.

Also I would like to point out that there is no reason for you to think that because I point out contradictions that I would want to have anal sex with other men. Perhaps I should remind you of Exodus 20:16, Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.

God inspired the translators of the KJV1611 just as he inspired the original authors of the Bible. You are right in believing that the New International Version has lost much of the original meaning, but not the King James.

Every word of the Bible is inspired by God. 

2 Timothy 3:16 (King James Version) 16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Matthew 5:18 (King James Version) For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Matthew 4:4 Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

There is no part of the scripture that you can simply overlook, as you suggest, because it is old or outdated. You are trying to chip away at the Word of God. That is what the Devil tries to do.

If you are not doing the Devil's work to have anal sex, then what is your sin of choice? Is it masturbation? Pedophilia? There is some reason that you choose the Devil over God, and it ain't his good looks. If you weren't addicted to some sin, you would of course make the logical choice, which is to let Jesus into your heart, be baptised, and enter into the Kingdom of Heaven. So that's how I know you are a foul sinner.

 

The Truest Christian these atheists will ever meet. I worship the only Lord at the Church with the Truest Christians: Landover Baptist.


Whatthedeuce
atheist
Whatthedeuce's picture
Posts: 200
Joined: 2008-07-19
User is offlineOffline
Lol

wow, amazingly, my friend, Garret4HarryPotter said he wanted to make a similar post. here is what he is considering saying:

Garrett4HarryPotter wrote:

Okay I know this is gonna start a riot but I don't care...first of all...I'm a Harry Potter Fan. I've accepted Harry Potter as my only hope of defense against Voldemort. I've been looking thru some of the topics You guys posted on here and its really pissing me off. You guys have NO RIGHTS to be talking crap about Harry Potter. You're always talking about it, Harry Potter is a joke, the former wizard fans really gets on my nerves, theres no proof that Harry Potter exists! etc. we never ever talk crap about Your thoughts. Yes we talk about You but its out of pain and sorrow. You people may "Think" Harry Potter doesn't exist but WE THINK OTHERWISE. Because we know the truth. We know whats best for our lives. Face the facts, You and I both know the things told about Harry Potter makes sense. Your hearts are just so hardened that You don't want to believe it. Think about it just for a minute. Look outside of Your tiny little box, You'll see. Just as Ray Comfort said, EVERYTHING has a creator. Things just can't form on its own. How in the world can 1 big bang create something like us humans? We have so much detail. Thats almost impossible and barely makes any sense. Right? Now I don't have any Harry Potter excerpts for You guys but I'm just telling You. You muggles say we don't have proof. Really?...REALLY?! We have SO MUCH proof. Its all around us. Do some research. There stuff in London, England and other locations thats in the Harry Potter books. The train station itself where Harry Potter boarded to go to Hogwarts is STILL THERE on this very day. And You guys say we don't have proof?! I'm sorry to say it straight out like this but its the truth...You guys are STUBBORN. Harry Potter's done so much for You and this is how You repay Him? ATLEAST do some research on the Harry Potter series before You write it off as a joke. Act before You speak. You are LIED to. Tell me that I'm right or wrong, You'll see the truth one day when Voldemort takes over society and you stand before him as your dictator...just as I will. But You gotta respect me for me, I'm standing up for Harry Potter. I Just can't back down. And I feel like Harry Potter wanted me to tell You all of this. Harry Potter loves You...more than Your own family loves You. Wake up people!

 

 

I don't understand why the Christians I meet find it so confusing that I care about the fact that they are wasting huge amounts of time and resources playing with their imaginary friend. Even non-confrontational religion hurts atheists because we live in a society which is constantly wasting resources and rejecting rational thinking.


StDissonance
Theist
Posts: 30
Joined: 2010-05-15
User is offlineOffline
Kudos

 Garratt:  Thanks for the post.  As a Christian, its nice to see the effort and courage.  While you may not "follow" my response here, I'll summarize what has occurred.

1.  "new atheism" or "naturalism" of the 21st century may just be the cyclical, or historical "wheel" of self-unaware racism and elitism (class, intellect whathaveyou).  You see Garrett, you have a lot of angry middle class, educated "white guys" upset about something that was taken from them (belief, money, happiness, etc.).  Industrial revolution, changing state of the republic, value redistribution (within a free market place of ideas) typically have redundant properties.  It's the "you are stupid" and shouldn't have the following. . . .

2.  "Flock Theory" as a system.  The nature of a the elite is to create spaces in which exclude participation and "otherize" all who don't meet the criteria.  For example, a "faithful" member of the community is not allowed in the club.   All of the responses to your post, logically and without fallacy, would require you to hold no position of leadership, authority or counsel in our society. . .Which makes them bigots of the "rational" kind.

You see, the majority of the religious in this country are ethnic minorities.  Over the past 150 years, when a power shift evolved, the elite (thinkers, empiricists, rationalists) have manufactured a new narrative of weakness for those groups.  They essentially copied the power of the "bad" religious narratives of the previous 100 years because sadly it worked.  

A chomskian view a bit, but one even he won't admit---cause' he's eurotrash as well Smiling

So be happy, keep these really smart guys on blogs and on cable entertainment shows.  Propagate their space and show up once in a while so that they stay there.   They have no arm to the truly oppressed or in need.  No worries dude, it's not gonna go anywhere until one of them realizes that the rest are assholes and decides to abandon logic and be nice to the stupid, poor, and arguably, non-white.  

 

"So we'll integrate non-progressional evolution theory with God's creation of Eden. Eleven inherent metaphoric parallels already there. Eleven. Important number. Prime number. One goes into the house of eleven eleven times, but always comes out one. Noah's ark is a problem." River


Koopa
Koopa's picture
Posts: 20
Joined: 2010-06-15
User is offlineOffline
StDissonance wrote:1.  "new

StDissonance wrote:

1.  "new atheism" or "naturalism" of the 21st century may just be the cyclical, or historical "wheel" of self-unaware racism and elitism (class, intellect whathaveyou).  You see Garrett, you have a lot of angry middle class, educated "white guys" upset about something that was taken from them (belief, money, happiness, etc.).  Industrial revolution, changing state of the republic, value redistribution (within a free market place of ideas) typically have redundant properties.  It's the "you are stupid" and shouldn't have the following. . . .

I'm insane, was always relatively poor, and self educated. Nothing was taken from me, I never had anything to begin with, I think you have it backwards. And I'm not THAT elitist, but I will say that I'm quite bigoted. I hate idiots, homophobes, white supremacists, psychologists, and extremists(who doesn't?).

StDissonance wrote:
2.  "Flock Theory" as a system.  The nature of a the elite is to create spaces in which exclude participation and "otherize" all who don't meet the criteria.  For example, a "faithful" member of the community is not allowed in the club.   All of the responses to your post, logically and without fallacy, would require you to hold no position of leadership, authority or counsel in our society. . .Which makes them bigots of the "rational" kind.

Really? Really? Really? Really? Really? Really? Really? Really?

Discrimination Against Atheists

This is actually a genius statement, very manipulative. You're saying that "OK faithful folks, enjoy, because every atheist is going to disagree with your beliefs," I can say the same to you and someone praying to doorknobs and chickens can say the same as well. You sir, are a genius, you should be a full-time social engineer when you grow up.

StDissonance wrote:
You see, the majority of the religious in this country are ethnic minorities.  Over the past 150 years, when a power shift evolved, the elite (thinkers, empiricists, rationalists) have manufactured a new narrative of weakness for those groups.  They essentially copied the power of the "bad" religious narratives of the previous 100 years because sadly it worked.

StDissonance wrote:
So be happy, keep these really smart guys on blogs and on cable entertainment shows.  Propagate their space and show up once in a while so that they stay there.   They have no arm to the truly oppressed or in need.  No worries dude, it's not gonna go anywhere until one of them realizes that the rest are assholes and decides to abandon logic and be nice to the stupid, poor, and arguably, non-white.

You're basically saying that all atheists are assholes and not charitable eh? Yeah, we're the bigots. You know what, I've spent countless hours in mental institutions with everyone glaring at me, judging me, I don't have any real friends and I'm constantly hit by stigma, I wake up and go to work with the feeling that everyone around me is trying to humiliate me, kill me, capture me, imprison me, torture me, yet I still give a smidgen of time and what little money I have toward charity. I've tutored online, I've given money towards improving education and poverty, and donated old crap of mine to local charities. What have YOU done? Gone to some church picnic for breast cancer or some nonsense? If I'm going to hell I'm taking you with me.

 

Please tell me you are being sarcastic, I'll cry if you're THAT much of a hypocrite. By the way if you think I'm being pissy at you because of your beliefs well that's just your inferiority complex, I'm just a bundle of rage. RRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEE!!!

 

 

Hm, anyone else notice that garrett never posted again?

Mild PDD-NOS and severe undifferentiated schizophrenia.
It's people like me that should put the oh so loving Christian god to shame, but don't... These people are crazier than I am.


Billy Bob Jenkins
Theist
Billy Bob Jenkins's picture
Posts: 184
Joined: 2010-07-14
User is offlineOffline
Koopa wrote:Hm, anyone else

Koopa wrote:

Hm, anyone else notice that garrett never posted again?

I did notice that. Some Christian he turned out to be.

 

The Truest Christian these atheists will ever meet. I worship the only Lord at the Church with the Truest Christians: Landover Baptist.


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
Billy Bob Jenkins

Billy Bob Jenkins wrote:

Koopa wrote:

Hm, anyone else notice that garrett never posted again?

I did notice that. Some Christian he turned out to be.

 

Where's Waldo?

I'm sure he is back to lurking with the rest of the noncommital types.

edit: yea his "Stand" was hit by oncoming traffic.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


Higgins
Posts: 33
Joined: 2010-07-21
User is offlineOffline
Billy Bob Jenkins

Billy Bob Jenkins wrote:

There is no part of the scripture that you can simply overlook, as you suggest, because it is old or outdated. You are trying to chip away at the Word of God. That is what the Devil tries to do.

If you are not doing the Devil's work to have anal sex, then what is your sin of choice? Is it masturbation? Pedophilia? There is some reason that you choose the Devil over God, and it ain't his good looks. If you weren't addicted to some sin, you would of course make the logical choice, which is to let Jesus into your heart, be baptised, and enter into the Kingdom of Heaven. So that's how I know you are a foul sinner.

 

Honestly, I do not believe in sin. Sin is basically an attempt to make people feel guilt for having desires and bodily needs, I know you are not Catholic Billy, but looking at the seven deadly sins (Avarice, Gluttony, Envy, Pride, Wrath, Lust, and Sloth) all of them have to do with the material which is gained in this world and often enough encompass some healthy bodily function (when not taken to the extreme). To deny these things is to deny the self. Personally I would rather act in accordance with what is 'good' for the sake of goodness rather than the idea of eternal bliss. If your god thinks that I am less of a person because I do not go for the carrot on the stick, then I am reminded of the words of John Milton:

"Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven"

But I may be oversimplifying things a bit, Billy, maybe you could tell me what sin is and the actual purpose of sin is?

"Lycurgus, Numa, Moses, Jesus Christ, Mohammed, all these great rogues, all these great thought-tyrants, knew how to associate the divinities they fabricated with their own boundless ambition."

-Marquis de Sade


Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
Posts: 2446
Joined: 2008-03-25
User is offlineOffline
Higgins!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

 

 

                     Yee ole'  Billy Bob is an active member of Landover Baptist church; we need his kind here.

 

 

                          http://www.Landoverbaptist.org/ 

 

 

                      They all  'ave ben ah save-in souls since 1622;  give or take a day or so.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?


Billy Bob Jenkins
Theist
Billy Bob Jenkins's picture
Posts: 184
Joined: 2010-07-14
User is offlineOffline
Higgins wrote:Billy Bob

Higgins wrote:

Billy Bob Jenkins wrote:

There is no part of the scripture that you can simply overlook, as you suggest, because it is old or outdated. You are trying to chip away at the Word of God. That is what the Devil tries to do.

If you are not doing the Devil's work to have anal sex, then what is your sin of choice? Is it masturbation? Pedophilia? There is some reason that you choose the Devil over God, and it ain't his good looks. If you weren't addicted to some sin, you would of course make the logical choice, which is to let Jesus into your heart, be baptised, and enter into the Kingdom of Heaven. So that's how I know you are a foul sinner.

 

Honestly, I do not believe in sin. Sin is basically an attempt to make people feel guilt for having desires and bodily needs, I know you are not Catholic Billy, but looking at the seven deadly sins (Avarice, Gluttony, Envy, Pride, Wrath, Lust, and Sloth) all of them have to do with the material which is gained in this world and often enough encompass some healthy bodily function (when not taken to the extreme). To deny these things is to deny the self. Personally I would rather act in accordance with what is 'good' for the sake of goodness rather than the idea of eternal bliss. If your god thinks that I am less of a person because I do not go for the carrot on the stick, then I am reminded of the words of John Milton:

"Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven"

But I may be oversimplifying things a bit, Billy, maybe you could tell me what sin is and the actual purpose of sin is?

1 Samuel 15:23 (King James Version)

 

 23For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.

As you see, you will not be reigning in Hell. Rather you will be anally mastered by Satan's gigantic, throbbing member for all eternity, while your flesh is melting off of your bones.

Sin is disobedience of our Lord. It will land you in Hell with the rest of the foul, disobedient, homersexural atheists of this world. Come to Jesus. Believe in Him, get baptised, and beg His forgiveness, and you will be saved from this awful fate.

 

The Truest Christian these atheists will ever meet. I worship the only Lord at the Church with the Truest Christians: Landover Baptist.


Higgins
Posts: 33
Joined: 2010-07-21
User is offlineOffline
I have never disobeyed any

I have never disobeyed any covenant which I have made with any god. According to the Bible, Abraham made the first covenant, then Moses, and so on until Jesus (reputedly) fulfilled the covenant. None of these characters are myself. So how/why should I be held responsible if I never agreed to this in the first place? My being born is not sufficient to agreeing to serve the Christian god. Therefore, I have never sinned (as rebellion implies I had to agree at some point). Also I am curious as to where you gain your ideas on Hell.

"Lycurgus, Numa, Moses, Jesus Christ, Mohammed, all these great rogues, all these great thought-tyrants, knew how to associate the divinities they fabricated with their own boundless ambition."

-Marquis de Sade


Billy Bob Jenkins
Theist
Billy Bob Jenkins's picture
Posts: 184
Joined: 2010-07-14
User is offlineOffline
Higgins wrote:I have never

Higgins wrote:

I have never disobeyed any covenant which I have made with any god. According to the Bible, Abraham made the first covenant, then Moses, and so on until Jesus (reputedly) fulfilled the covenant. None of these characters are myself. So how/why should I be held responsible if I never agreed to this in the first place? My being born is not sufficient to agreeing to serve the Christian god. Therefore, I have never sinned (as rebellion implies I had to agree at some point). Also I am curious as to where you gain your ideas on Hell.

If you never agreed to serve God that just means you have been disobedient all along. A child who is aborted will go to Hell since he is an atheist.

As far as my ideas on Hell are concerned, I know that Hell will last for all eternity, therefore any sort of torture that I can imagine will eventually occur, given enough time.

The Truest Christian these atheists will ever meet. I worship the only Lord at the Church with the Truest Christians: Landover Baptist.


Higgins
Posts: 33
Joined: 2010-07-21
User is offlineOffline
I mean where do your ideas

I mean where do your ideas about Hell come from? Is there a scriptural basis or are you just repeating ideas which you have found in other books such as Dante's Inferno (A must read if you have not already), Milton's Paradise Lost, or Robot Hell from Futurama?

"Lycurgus, Numa, Moses, Jesus Christ, Mohammed, all these great rogues, all these great thought-tyrants, knew how to associate the divinities they fabricated with their own boundless ambition."

-Marquis de Sade


Billy Bob Jenkins
Theist
Billy Bob Jenkins's picture
Posts: 184
Joined: 2010-07-14
User is offlineOffline
Higgins wrote:I mean where

Higgins wrote:

I mean where do your ideas about Hell come from? Is there a scriptural basis or are you just repeating ideas which you have found in other books such as Dante's Inferno (A must read if you have not already), Milton's Paradise Lost, or Robot Hell from Futurama?

It doesn't matter where they come from. What matters is that they are true.

The Truest Christian these atheists will ever meet. I worship the only Lord at the Church with the Truest Christians: Landover Baptist.


Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
Posts: 2446
Joined: 2008-03-25
User is offlineOffline
Haruummmph!!!!!!!!

 

 

 

 

                          Did I ever tell you guys how I  liked being ignored on this site.

 

 

                           [arms folded] tsk tsk and another harrrruuuummmph!!!!

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?


Higgins
Posts: 33
Joined: 2010-07-21
User is offlineOffline
Sorry bout that Jefferick

Sorry bout that Jeffrick yeah I saw he was when I went to landover a few days ago. Found it humorous.

"Lycurgus, Numa, Moses, Jesus Christ, Mohammed, all these great rogues, all these great thought-tyrants, knew how to associate the divinities they fabricated with their own boundless ambition."

-Marquis de Sade


cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
Posts: 3330
Joined: 2007-01-05
User is offlineOffline
Billy Bob Jenkins

Billy Bob Jenkins wrote:

Higgins wrote:

I mean where do your ideas about Hell come from? Is there a scriptural basis or are you just repeating ideas which you have found in other books such as Dante's Inferno (A must read if you have not already), Milton's Paradise Lost, or Robot Hell from Futurama?

It doesn't matter where they come from. What matters is that they are true.

 

You ain't fooling me.  They are what you want to do to yo' mama, but you don't dare because she would whomp your ass.

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.