Does going to a catholic church indirectly promote child molestation?

funknotik
atheist
funknotik's picture
User is offlineOffline
Does going to a catholic church indirectly promote child molestation?

I have a family member who goes to church every sunday and I was trying to explain that the catholic church would not acknowledge the child molestation allegations until it became a serious problem. Basically I explained the whole situation and their conclusion was "well that doesn't happen in my church." I know that this person just goes to church as a form of relaxation and they have been doing it for years, they don't read the bible, and like most moderately religious people they have no idea what it actually sais inside. For this reason I kind of don't want to be an asshole and tell them to stop going to church because they are funding child molestation. But truthfully does going to church kind of indirectly fund more child molestation and rape? Also since faith schools are essentially brainwashing children aren't moderates basically providing fertile soil for more ignorance? It's sad because for some people Going to church is basically like a social group where everyone pretends to love an invisible  person in the sky. But I think there are probably better things they could do with their time like community service, social work, meditation, exercise, etc. Anyway BOYCOTT CHURCHES ENCOURAGE LIBRARY CARDS!!!

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm not a child molester and

I'm not a child molester and I don't go to a catholic church.

Do the math.