Free Thinking Teens

Whatthedeuce
atheist
Whatthedeuce's picture
User is offlineOffline
Free Thinking Teens

I recently noticed the link to the free thinking teens forum (http://teens.rationalresponders.com/forum) from the RRS main page. Even though I will only continue being a teenager for less than a year, I was excited to to have a forum where I talked to other young people; however, I now realize that with only one post in the last week, and few posts in the last year, the forum is almost completely dead. This is not too surprising since even though I have been a lurker on the site for about 3 years and a poster for several months, I didn't notice the teen forum until yesterday. So, I am wondering, is the teen forum a project that RRS has simply abandoned? It seems like traffic to it could easily be increased if the link were moved to a more conspicuous place or if the forum were condensed and added as a new section to the main forum.

I don't understand why the Christians I meet find it so confusing that I care about the fact that they are wasting huge amounts of time and resources playing with their imaginary friend. Even non-confrontational religion hurts atheists because we live in a society which is constantly wasting resources and rejecting rational thinking.

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
maybe

I think it is just a matter of memberships there are simply not that meny teenagers on site and the few who are hang around the main forum.  For someone my age to hang around teen sites could lead to a bail hearing.    If you can get more teens to come on site and use the teen forum,  more power to you. 

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Whatthedeuce wrote:It seems

Whatthedeuce wrote:
It seems like traffic to it could easily be increased if the link were moved to a more conspicuous place or if the forum were condensed and added as a new section to the main forum.

I think having it as a new sub-forum might be the best idea. But, even then, I'm not sure we have the traffic necessary to really keep it running.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Blake
atheistScience Freak
User is offlineOffline
Teen forums don't make all

Teen forums don't make all that much sense, as the membership will all quickly grow out of them and no longer be allowed to post in a community they have participated in.

It's like keeping a mayfly for a pet :P  I'm sure they're great for the 24 hours they last.  Having a seven year maximum participation span, with an even smaller average, and all mature members being booted?  I don't think it's just visibility.

A sub-forum for younger members, but not strictly limited to teens, might be a better idea (maybe just only teens can start new threads?)- it can be useful to ask us old-timers advice now and again.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Maybe I'm grabbing at straws

Maybe I'm grabbing at straws here but I would imagine a low low ratio of free thinking teens, they probably have other things on their minds, I know I did.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
Not to mention that The

Not to mention that The media will turn it around, and claim that the Evil RRS is trying to corrupt their loving christian youth...

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
That teen forum was dead two

That teen forum was dead two years ago when I had a look, so I just stayed here. Anyway, I mentioned my age here a while ago, and nobody told me to bugger off, so I don't see the need for a seperate teen forum.