"How goes?" from Southern California

Inquisitus
Inquisitus's picture
User is offlineOffline
"How goes?" from Southern California

Hello fellow atheists!

Its kind of strange that I've always felt very strongly about the need for atheists to form communities for mutual support, fun, and occasional theist bashing, but have never actually myself belonged to any sort of an atheist organization.  Time to change that. 

About me:  I'm a UCLA grad and filmmaker in Southern California (which should really narrow things down) and a former collegiate debater.  While I'm not a scientist, I am passionate about science, discovery, and the separation of church and state.  I'm always eager to explore the things I believe and to evaluate new evidence- though admittedly none of the evidence seems to point to any particular reason to believe in gods of any sort, and many reasons to be very skeptical about the existence or supposed benevolence of those gods.  As a side note: I laughed for almost five solid minutes when I discovered that there was a dedicated Kent Hovind tab.   My atheist hero is Ira Glass.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome, nice avatar.

Welcome, nice avatar.

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi Inquistus

Pleased to meet you.

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey, Welcome. and G'day from

Hey, Welcome. and G'day from Australia.  I've been to California seven times, yearly from '96 to '02, primarily to attend Apple's World Wide Developer Conference in San Jose.

I have a couple of friends there.

I subscribe to Ira's podcast "This American Life", one of my favorites.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome

I, too, like your avatar.  Like my avatar, I really am an old lady fart.

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome

Since you are a film maker can we expect to see some of you work on youtube?  Don't be shy about blowing your own horn after all we have a lot of members here who just blow.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
I like your avatar."Moss

I like your avatar.

"Moss Isley Space Quarters. You will never find a more retched hive of scum and villainy" Obe Wan

The original Star Wars series ruled. THE NEW ONES SUCKED HUGE DONKEY BALLS!

Welcome BTW

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog