Don't you love it when xians say this to you??

AnarchyMell
Superfan
AnarchyMell's picture
User is offlineOffline
Don't you love it when xians say this to you??

Mellony, you can continue to hate, mock, and ridicule the God whom you claim NOT to believe in, but that does not change the fact that He loves you. You should read Can Man Live Without God for yourself. Or better yet, try reading the Bible instead of just reading what your fellow atheists say about it. Start with Proverbs 1:20-33. "

Wow, I claim not to believe in god, but I secretly do!?  WTF, does this make sense??

Read the bible?  I have and thats why I dont believe in the warmongering god of the bible....What an ass

Anarchism is the only philosophy which brings to man the consciousness of himself; which maintains that God, the State, and society are non-existent, that their promises are null and void, since they can be fulfilled only through man's subordination. Anarchism is therefore the teacher of the unity of life; not merely in nature, but in man.

Emma Goldman

B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
User is offlineOffline
Get used to it

Christians just love the whole idea that EVERYBODY knows that the Christians are right and for some reason we are just lying to ourselves or something... smug bastards...

I like to throw this one at them when I hear that: Well everyone KNOWS there are no gods, you all just like to rebel against reality!

Throw their bullshit back at them!

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
AnarchyMell wrote: You should read proverbs !:20-30 "

Of Course this doesn't make any sense.I get that kind bullshit from my neighbor across the street (she knows that I'm a atheist,but she tells me that god loves me,anyway) and down the block from me,and to be honest with you ,I really feel bad for their kids, cause the Xian down the block don't teach their children about Science or the real world. I guess that I never really knew,just how F<>KED Up you become under the influence of religion.

Signature ? How ?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
God has no more capability

God has no more capability of loving me than Micky Mouse can love me. Reading an ancient book of fiction won't make me believe in your god anymore than reading DC Comics would make you believe in Super Man. Cute stories about gardens and boats might give you your jollies, but I can also find morals in Harry Potter and Star Wars without believing in boys flying round on brooms and without believing in "the force".

Hate to burst your bubble believers, you believe in a lie. You are merely in love with the idea of having a super hero. There is no such thing as a brain with no brain with magical super powers that resides everywhere and nowhere at the same time.

And there is no such thing as ghost spunk that has no set of DNA that gets girls pregnant. And no human has ever survived rigor mortis.

Your god is merely one of many people make up and sell because reality is too frightening for you to face.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yea I have heard it as well,

Yea I have heard it as well, they think if they really believe in it everyone has to believe in it. If they think you really don't believe in it it corrodes it. To them it is like a law of nature. I have had it put like this "c'mon Rob, just give up this atheist thing God loves you." If you say something like fuck your god it only seems like an admission of "guilt". If you ever get them to actually realize you really do not believe in this carp then you have made progress.

Get used to asking them uncomfortable questions while being polite, maintain eye contact and get good at the eyebrow cock of incredulity.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
To the believers reading

To the believers reading this here is the reality.

WE CANT, AND DONT HATE FICTIONAL BEINGS.

When we say "fuck this god, or that god" for example, what we are saying is, "You're kidding me right? You are an adult and still talk to invisible friends and believe in Santa?"

Your label is not the issue with us, you could claim ANY disembodied sky friend from any point in human history, or make up a new one and our attitude would be the same, "Fuck that claim, it is stupid". Just like people rightfully would say to someone claiming the earth is flat "Fuck that claim, it is stupid".

I cant speak for everyone here. But I do HATE the fact that we live in a day and age of medical and scientific knowledge and people still make up and believe in imaginary friends. So when we blasphemy your god, don't take it personally. You could claim that your god is named Garth, or Unis, or Marduke, and our attitude would still be the same. Disembodied brains are bullshit claims by any name, past or present.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
I get this too, Mell.

Recently after whining about not being able to sleep my mother told me I needed to hand my life over to Jesus and that would solve the issues. That's weird coming from some one who has had a triple bypass that was not undertaken through surgical prayer but by Dr Simon Tan. It's a bloody annoying argument and I think it's an adhom. It's really suggesting that you are deliberately blocking out the 'truth' so you can avoid changing your 'evil' ways.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
An ex-friend to me:'I know

An ex-friend to me:

'I know you know god exists'

Then why would I be an atheist??

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ken G. wrote:(she knows that

Ken G. wrote:

(she knows that I'm a atheist,but she tells me that god loves me,anyway) 

He's too shy to tell you himself, he needs her help.

Just say: I know he loves me, but he still has to wear a condom. He's been spreading his love around so much.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

AnarchyMell
Superfan
AnarchyMell's picture
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:Ken G. wrote:(she

EXC wrote:

Ken G. wrote:

(she knows that I'm a atheist,but she tells me that god loves me,anyway) 

He's too shy to tell you himself, he needs her help.

Just say: I know he loves me, but he still has to wear a condom. He's been spreading his love around so much.

OMG!  That is so funny!

Anarchism is the only philosophy which brings to man the consciousness of himself; which maintains that God, the State, and society are non-existent, that their promises are null and void, since they can be fulfilled only through man's subordination. Anarchism is therefore the teacher of the unity of life; not merely in nature, but in man.

Emma Goldman

Zeeboe
User is offlineOffline
A good point is brought up:

A good point is brought up: We don't believe in God and yet many of us do spend a great deal of time hating him or at least the idea of him, which leads me to question: Do we spend too much time hating/mocking? Should we just live out lives and only discuss these issues when they come up?

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Zeeboe wrote:A good point is

Zeeboe wrote:

A good point is brought up: We don't believe in God and yet many of us do spend a great deal of time hating him or at least the idea of him, which leads me to question: Do we spend too much time hating/mocking? Should we just live out lives and only discuss these issues when they come up?

Some of us do.  I don't hate the concept of god/s/dess.  I hate the deliberate ignorance.  That some people refuse to even attempt to learn.  Hating those ignorant people would be a waste of time and energy for me.  They aren't going to change because I think they are wasting their lives and the lives of their descendants.  But then I was never abused as a child by being forced to watch christian horror movies.

I understand why some people feel very angry.  Their reasons are good and valid reasons for being angry.  They may or may not learn how to let go of the anger.  They may or may not be able to channel the anger into productive outlets.    Whatever gets you though the day is valid for you.

Proselytizers should learn very quickly that mocking comes with their choices about how they "spread the gospel".  If they feel upset, they should find something else to do in their spare time.

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Disagree totally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zeeboe wrote:

I do not hate something I have no time for {do not believe in] It is impossible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I attended catholic schools for five years.  Mother's idea,  sure as hell not mine.    In subprimary  (kindergarden)  I simply did not believe the stories they  were telling me.  The nun talked of Adem and Eve and I looked around the classroom and decided that if that were true then I am related to everyone in the class room.  But I knew that was not true, I   was related to only half of them.   [small town;/ large families].   For all of my childhood I kept wondering what was the real story.   I did find the answer in middle school,  a public school by then.

Zeeboe,  there may well be those who hate god.  Yet atheists by deffinition can not hate something that does not exist.  I do not hate god;  there is no god, never was, it  is a fairy tale. 

What do I hate?            NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!  Not being religious I never learned how to hate,  good religios know more about hatred then  I ever could.  I can not explain hatred, nor can I experience IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Zeeboe wrote:A good point is

Zeeboe wrote:

A good point is brought up: We don't believe in God and yet many of us do spend a great deal of time hating him or at least the idea of him, which leads me to question: Do we spend too much time hating/mocking?

Meh, simply disagreeing with christians, or pointing out the contradictions in their speeches and actions, is too often and too easily catagorised as "hating/mocking", imo.

Zeeboe wrote:
Should we just live out lives and only discuss these issues when they come up?

Isn't that what we're doing ?

Nimitz68
Nimitz68's picture
User is offlineOffline
Zeeboe wrote: A good point

Zeeboe wrote:

I'd love to Zeeboe, but they kill, they hate, and they make laws that effect us all because of their beliefs. They've gone behind my back and tried to infect my children with their mind virus. We have to stand up and resist them, or we'll be controlled even further by them.  If they'd keep it to themselves I wouldn't have a problem with theists. Too much of my daily life is restricted by religious laws.

Ever "hang-ten" on the bow of a nuclear powered aircraft carrier at 30+ knots?