I want to punch Todd Friel in the face.

Inver Stone
Inver Stone's picture
User is offlineOffline
I want to punch Todd Friel in the face.

I just watched a debate between Eddie Tabash and god soaked idiot evolution denier Todd Friel.  Yes my post title is tongue-in-cheek, but really...does anyone take Friel seriously.  Of course they do.  Millions of North Americans believe EXACTLY what he believes.  It's very very discouraging.

Maybe this debate and others like it are old news here, but it was the first time that I saw it - http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4774031189077504683#docid=-2508011252905046067

Didn't Brian Sapient debate this moron also?  Does anyone have a link to that debate?

Thanks for listening to my mini rant.

Inver (relatively new atheist still discovering religious hypocrisy and bullshit) Stone

Time and I against any other two. - Beltazar Gracian
Beware the fury of a patient man. - John Dryden
It requires ages to destroy a popular opinion. - Voltaire
There is one thing stronger than all the armies in the world: and that is an idea whose time has come. - V. Hugo
When in doubt, squat and run hills. - Jim Wendler

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
The title alone made me want

The title alone made me want to punch Todd. I had no Idea who Todd was but I wanted to punch him.

Lol, all creationists need a good sock in the voice box.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, everyone should have

Well, everyone should have goals in life...

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Erica7777 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
The title made ME want to

The title made ME want to punch him in the face, too.  Laughing out loud

*links removed by mod*

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Lets stick to the verbal

Lets stick to the verbal brawls, believers already have a monopoly on violence. If the worst any human has to worry about is a "fuck you", the world would be a better place.

But yea, I get a postal lip twitch when I hear people claim such absurdities.

But Christianity isn't the only myth who has fans who do and say absurd things.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'd much rather get into

I'd much rather get into their heads and unravel the knots right in front of them, where they can't look away or pretend anymore. To tear the bullshit out right in front of their minds eye and see themselves as they have never before been able to. To expose the rot and the waste in such a way that they are forever changed. To see it in their eyes.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

jonusb2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Considering the seriousness

lkobescak
User is offlineOffline
Similarities

There seem to be an awful lot of similarities between atheists and those that are religious.  I am not taking a stand on either side, I am merely point out some interesting correlations.

- both have no scientific evidence to conclusively prove their theory, they both only have a belief

- both congregate to share their beliefs (this website versus a church)

- both appear to be violent in their beliefs (see post)

If I was to look at it from an analytical point of view, I would have to conclude that atheism is a religion.

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, Ikob that would be because

lkobescak wrote:

There seem to be an awful lot of similarities between atheists and those that are religious.  I am not taking a stand on either side, I am merely point out some interesting correlations.

- both have no scientific evidence to conclusively prove their theory, they both only have a belief

If I was to look at it from an analytical point of view, I would have to conclude that atheism is a religion.

you are not looking at it from an analytical point of view.

* For a start there is no proof of any supernatural deity. In light of this it's more than fair to say that evidence suggests there is no god.

* All humans congregate to share their beliefs/interests. I go sailing every wednesday night. Others collect stamps. Are these pastimes religions, too?

* All humans can be violent. And language is ambiguous. The difference is that atheists don't have a doctrine that calls for believers to be killed.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Inver Stone wrote:I just

Inver Stone wrote:

I just watched a debate between Eddie Tabash and god soaked idiot evolution denier Todd Friel.  Yes my post title is tongue-in-cheek, but really...does anyone take Friel seriously.  Of course they do.  Millions of North Americans believe EXACTLY what he believes.  It's very very discouraging.

Maybe this debate and others like it are old news here, but it was the first time that I saw it - http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4774031189077504683#docid=-2508011252905046067

Didn't Brian Sapient debate this moron also?  Does anyone have a link to that debate?

Thanks for listening to my mini rant.

Inver (relatively new atheist still discovering religious hypocrisy and bullshit) Stone

I concur.

I couldn't find a formal debate between this nut and Brian but, I did find one with Brian and Kirk Cameron. Good job, Brian & Kelly!

ps, Kelly looks fantastic in that dress!

'Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.' A. Einstein

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
lkobescak wrote:There seem

lkobescak wrote:

You have listed only one  attribute particularly relevant to your claim - the other two are shared by most groups who have a strongly held attitude or interest in common.

No statement or belief about the actual state of reality can be "conclusively proved". Rational belief does NOT require proof, just an adequate estimate of the balance of probabilities.

So even the first statement could be applied to any group with a shared interest or attitude.

One is not "an awful lot". You could just say "both believers and active atheists share an interest in the truth status of the proposition 'there is a God' ", which would be a more accurate way to describe the situation. Many people who qualify as atheists don't particular care, they just don't see any reason or point to the idea of a 'God', so definitely do not fit the other two statements.

Atheists do not share any particular 'positive' belief in something, apart from a belief that our interpretations and understanding of "Life, The Universe, and Everything" should be based on empirical evidence and rational argument as far as possible. This almost inevitably leads to a a lack of belief in any proposition lacking adequate support or justification for it.

So, just another version of particularly lame argument trying to portray atheism as being something like a religion.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology