Hi from Vancouver

vancouver.sarah
User is offlineOffline
Hi from Vancouver

Hello everyone! I'm a 29 year old woman from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada. I joined the Rational Response forums because I respect the work rational responders do. I would like to be better equipped to respond to irrational and sometimes irate people I meet. I also want to work on my assertiveness and I thought this would make good practice as I am very interested in the subjects rational responders take on.

I look forward to participating in the forums. I have no doubt that it will be interesting!

NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
User is offlineOffline
vancouver.sarah wrote:Hello

vancouver.sarah wrote:

Hello everyone! I'm a 29 year old woman from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada. I joined the Rational Response forums because I respect the work rational responders do. I would like to be better equipped to respond to irrational and sometimes irate people I meet. I also want to work on my assertiveness and I thought this would make good practice as I am very interested in the subjects rational responders take on.

I look forward to participating in the forums. I have no doubt that it will be interesting!

Welcome, I'm a Surrey boy.  You'll find alote of discussions here to sink your teeth into, and alote of people to help you sharpen your teeth.  Good luck.

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome.....eh?

I'm from the east coast of the US of A   but I live in the Toronto area ( Mississauga) for over 32 years.  For some ammunition try this post # 10 at

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/20428

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
yay~ another lady!  Welcome

yay~ another lady!  Smiling

Welcome aboard!

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome, and g'day!I'm

Welcome, and g'day!

I'm Australian, although I almost got to Vancouver in the '90's, but had spent too much time sight-seeing on the way up the West Coast from San Fran, so I turned right at Seattle...

I really wanted to make sure I got to visit Yellowstone.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forum!

Welcome from another atheist and Pacific NorthWesterner. I live in Everett, Wa (about 15-20 miles north of Seattle) and I have family in B.C. I'm actually planning a trip with some family and friends to Vancouver, as my 11 year old niece has never been to the planetarium. SCIENCE FTW!

I hope you enjoy your time in RRSLand, and again, welcome to the forums!

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!

faithnomore
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Hello Sarah

I've never been to Canada but my wife recently mentioned that she wants to go so I guess I will probably be going sometime in the near future. 

I live in the Bible Belt and have to defend my lack of faith ever so often.  I thought I was biblically smart because I know more about the Bible than all of the Christians that I've talked to in my area.  However, RRS has humbled me.  There are people here that know a lot more about the Bible (and other religions) than I do.  There are also people on here with a great deal of scientific knowledge if you are interested in that.  To me, it's all interesting.

Anyways, welcome to RRS.

You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep-seated need to believe. - Carl Sagan

Prayer has no place in the public schools, just like facts have no place in organized religion. - School Superintendent on "The Simpsons" episode #1

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Renee Obsidianwords

Renee Obsidianwords wrote:

Welcome aboard!

We need more estrogen around here, don't we?

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:Renee

Kapkao wrote:

Welcome aboard!

You just want to ask her out!  haha

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Welcome! 

Welcome!

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
NoMoreCrazyPeople

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

Kapkao wrote:

Welcome aboard!

Mmmmmm, nope. I'm not that subtle (on the internet) and IRL... well... I usually look for some sort of emotional 'loudness'

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao

Kapkao wrote:

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

Kapkao wrote:

Welcome aboard!

Mmmmmm, nope. I'm not that subtle (on the internet) and IRL... well... I usually look for some sort of emotional 'loudness'

Just buggin kap

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
I know you were, however...

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

Just buggin kap

This girl made my heartbeat go up and crack a "dirty ol billionaire" grin on my face...

NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao

Kapkao wrote:

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

Just buggin kap

This girl made my heartbeat go up and crack a "dirty ol billionaire" grin on my face...

Who's that?  Looks like kelly.

vancouver.sarah
User is offlineOffline
We're practically neighbors

We're practically neighbors then! I'm actually just across the bridge in Coquitlam. Love your doggies there. Labs?

NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
User is offlineOffline
vancouver.sarah wrote:We're

vancouver.sarah wrote:

We're practically neighbors then! I'm actually just across the bridge in Coquitlam. Love your doggies there. Labs?

Coquitlam huh, Im out there all the time doind reno's.  My  dog's a Cane Corso (Italian Mastiff) and pit-bull.  Everyone thought they were labs from a distance as puppies, some still think he is now from a distance, but when they get close they realize his heads about the size of a basket ball, his chest is like a whellbarrow, and his stair down ain't no lab stair down.  I had to give one up because they were getting territorial to eachother and I got bitten trying to seperate them.  Now "Rufus" is about 3, about 120lbs, and a big suck to everyone, but can be very agressive to men behind the fence when he's in guard mode.  It can be a little scary sometimes, dog's like this are a handfull I don't think just anyone should own one.     I don't have any currentpics online but he looks like a combo of these:

He has a the "meen mug" and muscle tone of the first one (Pitbull like) but hes taller like the Cane Corso in the second and has a bigger head than both, and I didn't crop his ears.  Wicked dog.  They are dreadfully clumbsy, gassy, and drooly, I mean all 3 ALL THE TIME.

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
NoMoreCrazyPeople

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

Kapkao wrote:

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

Just buggin kap

it is Sticking out tongue

NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao

Kapkao wrote:

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

Kapkao wrote:

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

Just buggin kap

it is Sticking out tongue

Lerking on the founders girlfrend, haha.  Kap you do have no boundaries.  Only you man.

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
NoMoreCrazyPeople

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

Lerking on the founders girlfrend

Why didn't anyone bother to tell me of this?

NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao

Kapkao wrote:

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

Lerking on the founders girlfrend

Why didn't anyone bother to tell me of this?