Mitochondria

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Mitochondria

I remember playing parasite eve and that was a long time ago.

I would think science has been working hard on altering or regulating apoptosis, but I have not read or seen a thing on it in a long time. If figure if they make a breakthrough on this it will be huge, or it will be very quiet..

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
In cell biology, a

In cell biology, a mitochondrion (plural mitochondria) is a membrane-enclosed organelle found in most eukaryotic cells.[1] These organelles range from 0.5 to 10 micrometers (μm) in diameter. Mitochondria are sometimes described as "cellular power plants" because they generate most of the cell's supply of adenosine triphosphate (ATP), used as a source of chemical energy.[2] In addition to supplying cellular energy, mitochondria are involved in a range of other processes, such as signaling, cellular differentiation, cell death, as well as the control of the cell cycle and cell growth.[3] Mitochondria have been implicated in several human diseases, including mitochondrial disorders[4] and cardiac dysfunction,[5] and may play a role in the aging process. The word mitochondrion comes from the Greek μίτος or mitos, thread + χονδρίον or chondrion, granule.

Pasted from wikipedia

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Html does FASCINATING things when "pasted" :p

"http://www.rationalresponders.com/wiki/Cell_biology"

I didn't know RRS had a wiki! WOW!