UnLearn: The Show

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
UnLearn: The Show

Hey gang...

I am not sure if this is cool or not, or If it's against either the rules, or message board decorum, I won't be offended if the Mods take the thread down...

I Co-host a weekly internet TV talk show based on my Books, and my self important ramblings (aka my blog)...I won't try to present it as anything other than it is... Satirical (and often Low brow) Socio/political banter that takes place at a Bar... I am the Atheist, Libertarian, Non Monogamist half of the team, while my partner "(Cigars & Scotch" from O&A and R&F) is a Republican, with a wife & 2 kids with more "Traditional values"... I am posting this week because there are a lot of topics we're covering that people here might find amusing...You can read about it here: http://www.losetheradio.net/showthread.php?t=13438

We are Live on Tuesdays, 7pm ET... but the show replays all week long here: www.unlearntheshow.com

I also want to add that Cigars & Scotch is away this week, and we have a fill in co-host... and If you are the type of person who gets offended by rape or cancer jokes... If you think that Don Imus should have been fored for saying "Nappy Headed Ho"...or are in the least bit politically correct, then this show is not for you...

But if you do decide to check in, and join the live chat...I'll thank you in advance... 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Rich Woods wrote:Hey

Rich Woods wrote:

Hey gang...

I am not sure if this is cool or not, or If it's against either the rules, or message board decorum, I won't be offended if the Mods take the thread down...

I Co-host a weekly internet TV talk show based on my Books, and my self important ramblings (aka my blog)...I won't try to present it as anything other than it is... Satirical (and often Low brow) Socio/political banter that takes place at a Bar... I am the Atheist, Libertarian, Non Monogamist half of the team, while my partner "(Cigars & Scotch" from O&A and R&F) is a Republican, with a wife & 2 kids with more "Traditional values"... I am posting this week because there are a lot of topics we're covering that people here might find amusing...You can read about it here: http://www.losetheradio.net/showthread.php?t=13438

We are Live on Tuesdays, 7pm ET... but the show replays all week long here: www.unlearntheshow.com

I also want to add that Cigars & Scotch is away this week, and we have a fill in co-host... and If you are the type of person who gets offended by rape or cancer jokes... If you think that Don Imus should have been fored for saying "Nappy Headed Ho"...or are in the least bit politically correct, then this show is not for you...

But if you do decide to check in, and join the live chat...I'll thank you in advance... 

I thought that whole Imus thing was bullshit. I don't like the guy and I don't think he is funny. But there is a difference between a joke based on a stereotype and a joke made by a bigot who really hates someone. I can't stand political correctness because those people also want to take out lagit humor like South Park and Chapel and Mancia.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Call in...............?

Rich Woods wrote:

Hey gang...

Do you have a call-in segment of your show { I have caught it before}   If so do  give us the phone number.  I will give it a try!!!!

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
We don't have a call in

We don't have a call in segment, because we are basically a TV show... it doesn't really translate well... However we now have picture in picture capability... and we might add a skype feature...

We're shopping the show to various networks... if we get picked up, we'll have to clean up our language, and cut everything down to an hour (we usually run over 2 because there is no reason to stop, other than inhebriation)... the Skype thing might make for a terrific feature...

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
If it's unpolitically

If it's unpolitically correct I'll probaby be there, lol. I despise all this "correctness" the media forces upon society.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Rich Woods wrote: UnLearn:The Show

This looks like a good show,but,how do you acsess old shows .  

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Rich Woods wrote:I am not

Rich Woods wrote:

I gave you the VIP title so mods remember that your spam don't stink.

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
Very Much appreciated,

Very Much appreciated, Brian... I'm Honored, & I promise not to abuse your graciousness... Thanks.

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vanity post follows...

I actually think Imus was set-up to be booted by his employers (He just wasn't pulling in advertising $$$ like he used to, apparently)

I am also about THE least politically correct person you'll ever meet - or so I believe. I actually go out of my way to piss people off with my attitudes towards "society at large" or how little I care for their 'sacred cows' of morality, religion, society, etc.

'Sacred Cow tipping' is one of my favorite past times... since childhood, really. Made a disturbing declaration to Dad about being an atheist, sending a chill up his spine about me saying how tired I was  of 'God' and all the useless pontificating about such an asinine concept. The 1st anxious tautology out of his mouth was "That's what communists think!" (IIRC, naturally) He lived through the peak of Cold War hostility and indoctrination of 1950's youths, so it was inevitable.

Ah, the FUN I had as a young atheist in the bible belt.

Blablabla is why you have the VIP tag now?

Sapient wrote:

Rich Woods wrote:

I gave you the VIP title so mods remember that your spam don't stink.

Dumb questions makes Kapkao a sad panda. (I don't always read everything before replying, either.)

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
If you're so inclined, this

If you're so inclined, this is what we hope to cover tonight:

On This Week’s “UnLearn: The Show“…

After settling back into the routines of our exiting day jobs, and once again experiencing the euphoria of sleep deprivation…Cigars & Scotch and I will make our pitch for the Nobel Prize via our cutting edge scientific experiment of mixing alcohol and carbohydrates with 5 Hour Energy Drink. We hope to end the debate once and for all as to whether gluttony, insomnia, and liver poisoning are contributory towards a happy family life. We believe in our hearts that it most certainly is.

Among the topics we’ll be discussing are:

This was a spectacular week for political Douche-Baggery, and frankly, we don’t know where to begin… So We’ll start with these two… First, Richard Blumenthal … The Connecticut State Attorney General, Senatorial hopeful, and decorated Vietnam War Hero in his own fatuous little mind …who was apparently was under the impression that he was running for office in the 1970’s, when continuously lying about one’s military service was a tad easier to get away with. In what could only be described as perfidy via self-absorbed delusion, Ole’ Dickie B. repeatedly told tall tales of his personal victimization after having returned home from a war he actually never even fought in. Yet he perseveres despite us meanies in the media who dare point out his purposeful deception ….

However this couldn’t have come at a better time for our second Gem of a politician … the winner of the Kentucky Senatorial Primary, Republican Nominee, and Tea Party Favorite Rand Paul, who hasn’t quite gotten the knack of the tactful response. It seems that his comments on the Rachel Maddow show about segregation, the rights of private business, and the Civil Rights Act of 1964 have caused quite a stir. Did the man with the most ridiculous first name in politics forget where he was? Does he not know how to frame a response so as to not appear clueless? Or is this just his way of bringing attention to the lack of Caucasians in the NBA playing rotation?

We’ve said it before, and we’ll say it again…. We Can’t Vote Our Way Out of This….

Also! … As remarkable as last week’s primary candidates were while entertaining us with their utter detachment from reality and their vapid vocalizations… the most impressive imbecile on the political landscape was the Morally Indignant, Family First, Abstinence Educating, not to mention God Fearing Christian Radio Broadcaster … Indiana Congressman Mark Souder, whose 8 term career crashed and burned following a media uproar over the Fluid exchange between his married self, and a female staffer named Tracy “Action“ Jackson. We at “UnLearn: The Show” have acquired video of the silver tongued Souder being interviewed by his All Too Eager Aide about how we should all abstain from what they apparently do as soon as the cameras stop rolling.

Evangelical Christians?…. Monogamy?… Hilarious.

…And!…. We have a few amusing anecdotes to share about the friendly immigration debate going on around the country, and a couple of delightful undocumented folks from south of our border….. For instance we have a lovely story about an adorable, cherub cheeked fella named Elias Garcia who was hoping to challenge the racial stereotype that Asians are the worst drivers when he hopped his Toyota Camry up on the sidewalk and mowed down four young girls who were out for a day of shopping. Apparently, Mr. Garcia had a pressing engagement, and could not be bothered to stick around to see how the young ladies fared in their difference of opinion with his front fender… But as Americans, these selfish young women should have been obligated to share the pedestrian walkway, and offer anyone from abroad the right of way…

But not be outdone is the charming lover of all things Red White & Blue Jose Lopez, who is not only in this country illegally, but who has already been deported 9 times (yes, that’s a NINE)…He must really love it here, however in his latest misunderstanding with the law he is that he’s being accused of the African Misdemeanor that we here in the States like to refer to as RA*PE… But perhaps we are jumping to conclusions, and it is the custom of his people to drag their dates into the bushes, and beat them senseless before they have sex… We backwards Americans usually have to buy them dinner. Silly Us

Yup… it’s obvious now that requiring people enter this country legally is definitely bias against brown skinned people…

All This Plus! …Save East Side Dave! … Fatso Hooters Girls! … Saudi Emo Girls! ... Harvard Faker! … 72 Year old Incestuous Mom! … Fergie (Not the hot one)! … Man falls into Sausage Machine! … Chinese Swingers! … More possessed African Children! … Vito Fosella Funny! … Newt Gingritch Funnier! …Arlen Specter Funniest! …and $#*! my Dad Says! …All on this week's "UnLearn: The Show" ...Live Tuesday 05/25/10 ... 7pm ET @ www.unlearntheshow.com ... Replaying all week long! ...Watch or Hate Yourself in the Morning!!!!!

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Rich Woods has developed a

Rich Woods has developed a Mysterious Rash™ in the Land of the Lightning Schlong™!!!

"(@ GOP hypocrites)Keep your hands out of the Koochie Jar!™"

...wow.

Well... Politcal Conservatism WOULD have a shitload more support IF it behaved more secularly. But it only seems to work with the "idiot bible-thumper" vote on its side.

And that's all the drunk giggling I care to hear tonight.... btw! Rich, what is it that you have against DVP/two-guy threesomes? It makes the girls happy, I'm tellin' ya!

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
I have no such bias, Mr

I have no such bias, Mr Kapkao, sir Smiling