depicting Mohammed

Whatthedeuce
atheist
Whatthedeuce's picture
User is offlineOffline
depicting Mohammed

People have been depicting Mohammed for over a thousand years. Why is the controversy over his depiction such a recent issue?

http://www.zombietime.com/mohammed_image_archive/

I don't understand why the Christians I meet find it so confusing that I care about the fact that they are wasting huge amounts of time and resources playing with their imaginary friend. Even non-confrontational religion hurts atheists because we live in a society which is constantly wasting resources and rejecting rational thinking.

nutxaq
nutxaq's picture
User is offlineOffline
Because muslims are shitting

Because muslims are shitting themselves and killing people over it.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Because they had a small

Because they had a small amount of success terrorizing Europeans in the 80's?

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
User is offlineOffline
<><

Because the weakness exhibited by the West in confronting the various forms of islamic fascism have emboldened them.

They will keep pushing until slapped back down. It can't happen soon enough.

If you want evidence of how fucked up the fight is head on over to www.jihadwatch.org (look for Question_Everything) and see what I put up with on a daily basis as the token Atheist.

Some wrong-headed thinking going on over there, for sure.

How can not believing in something that is backed up with no empirical evidence be less scientific than believing in something that not only has no empirical evidence but actually goes against the laws of the universe and in many cases actually contradicts itself? - Ricky Gervais

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fans of Mohammad are fucked

Fans of Mohammad are fucked in the head if they think merely being offended gives them the right to kill others and much less such a prick of a god that would make merely being picked on a priority on a planet full of disease, famine, war and crime.

Protecting your super hero's name is more important than curing cancer, or feeding the hungry? GO FUCK YOURSELF.

It is 2010 and schoolyard "honor" crap where you beat up someone because they called you a name is sick. I am supposed to join a club that advocates such childish thinking? Keep your petty dickead of a hero if he can handle the words of mere mortals.

"YOU OFFENDED ME, I'LL KILL YOU, I'LL KILL YOU", Oh yea, that makes me all gleeful and eager to join such a club.

I hate to tell you Muslims, if this is how your fans react it wont have the desired affect those who commit such selfish absurd and violent acts, it will only serve to hate you more. If Muslims don't want to be hated, then stop being violent, it is that simple. Otherwise you can go fuck yourself if you think I will bow to threats.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog