Antitheists - Which is Your Most Loathed Religion?

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Antitheists - Which is Your Most Loathed Religion?

It's not a great question because we are mostly westerners here, Canadians and Americans with some Aussies, Kiwis, Brits, SAFAs, Marquis and Luminon. Most the other folks are catholics from countries in Asia and South America. This means we're going to tend to dislike the flavour of our private torments. I personally dislike Islam a lot. To me, Islam today mirrors the muscular christianity that toasted 'witches' for brewing peppermint tea. The riots over those cartoons really lit my fire. Kill those who insult islam and so on.

I also dislike 'real christians'.  Yes, I know - the definitions of real christrian are multifarious but everyone who thinks they are a real christian should be forced to wear a floppy hat with the letters N.O.B. emblazoned on it in a suitable gothic script. A series of punishments should be forced upon them. In too-cold cinemas their cardigans should be collected at the door and the Keswick Hymnbook should be replaced with a piece of firmware that converts christian songs to Death Metal as the lyrics emerge from the lips of the congregation.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Currently...1)

Currently...

1) Scientology.

2) Islam.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Roman Catholic Church, Falun

Roman Catholic Church, Falun Gong, and 'Tomcruisology'- calling the latter anything else does it's nuttiness a disservice.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
I dislike the one's who

I dislike the one's who knock on my door and ask if they can "help" me the most.

I don't really appreciate any religion, especially when it effects my life, so, christianity is probably the worst to me because everything is saturated with it. Burka heads are a close second. They are quite annoying, especially the ones from Iran that want to haggle and complain about everything. Makes me want to say "go back if you don't like it here" but that would be politicaly incorrect so I just have to take it.

From what I have seen, buddhists are the least annoying, none of them have ever said a word to me about their religion and you just don't hear about it much, around here, though I have seen places of business with the plastic buddah's sitting around. They have a fat goofy guy and christians have a bloody dead guy nailed to a cross.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
I used to have a "most

I used to have a "most loathed", but the reality is that was merely based on encountering the fans of such myth. I don't have one. I hate all naked assertions, be they grassy knoll , big foot, transporters, ghosts, Ouija boards, Vishnu, homeopathy, Jesus, and 72 virgins, lucky socks, 4 leaf clovers.

A bullshit claim is a bullshit claim.

It takes TWO sets of DNA to manifest into a zygote and onto a baby, thus making the virgin birth story of Jesus bullshit. Human flesh does not survive rigor mortis, thus making surviving death after 3 days bullshit.

I encounter Christians the most so that is what I respond to the most, but I treat all naked assertions the same.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
This is like asking me what

This is like asking me what my favorite form torture is....  How can one choose between Bamboo under the fingernails? genital mutilation? or dinner with my ex wife?

I guess at this point in history, I'd have to go with Islam, simply because they have no sense of humor... The abuse of women, Oh, and the whole Mass Murder thing...

but they only edge out Christians & Jews, who are ladled with Perfidy, and whose manic, fundamentalist violence allows them the liberty of being once removed... as they have taken the path of least resistence through political lobbies, and mass hysteria... whenever someone posts one of those "jesus Said", or "God Wants us to know" things on Facebook, I feel obliged to become a de-railing asshole, and post something that will undoubtedly offend their tender sensibilities... 

I also don't want to leave out any of these "New Age" jizzbuckets... who don't have the balls to acknowledge their non-belief, so they'll claim faith in the ancient chineese "science" of furniture arranging, and drink room temperature water out of red crystal so as to create a trite little characterature of some "spiritual", pious, preachy, puerile dullard who will dazzle you with knowledge beyond this world, that they learned reading the first 20 pages of a book they found in the discount rack at Borders... Oh how I want to take these tie-die wearing dolts by their stringy, unkempt prematurely graying hair and kick them in the klump...

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:I used to have

Brian37 wrote:

I used to have a "most loathed", but the reality is that was merely based on encountering the fans of such myth. I don't have one. I hate all naked assertions, be they grassy knoll , big foot, transporters, ghosts, Ouija boards, Vishnu, homeopathy, Jesus, and 72 virgins, lucky socks, 4 leaf clovers.

A bullshit claim is a bullshit claim.

It takes TWO sets of DNA to manifest into a zygote and onto a baby, thus making the virgin birth story of Jesus bullshit. Human flesh does not survive rigor mortis, thus making surviving death after 3 days bullshit.

I encounter Christians the most so that is what I respond to the most, but I treat all naked assertions the same.

Yes but "god" could have made a set of dna for the baby, and he could have simply returned jesus to his living state, according to believers, he could have made him 50 feet tall and made him a child or well you get the picture. This is why I have never gone along with the zombie jesus theory or worried about the virgin birth descrepancy. I would rather just knock on the whole magic concept with which god can do anything. You know, the way they themselves do with harry potter and such. Yet god seems to do so little these days hmnm, like.. nothing.

Moses, one man, comes down and says god has given him answers, well we have heard this many many times since then, but for some reason, Moses I assume because he is written about in old text, is believed. Nowdays if someone "talked" to god, they are crazy. New religions that come out are called cults. Instant communication and technology in general has stunted the growth of new religions. I don't get why so many people can't see this.

They are all a bunch of carp!

chndlrjhnsn
chndlrjhnsn's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fundamentalist Islam. Since

Fundamentalist Islam. Since they got South Park censored.

Fundamentalist/extreme anything. Throughout history most religions turn evil when they take themselves seriously. I hear that Jainism and Amish Mennonites could never degenerate that way because of their foundational beliefs, but they still make me nervous. Some sect of Mennonites could always turn plowshares to swords and go crazy on the countryside. You never know.

Any religion that abuses its members, especially its young, whether that be physically or emotionally.

Anybody who tries to convert me. They invariably come across as being arrogant and condescending, implicitly and sometimes explicitly.  

Mahaco
User is offlineOffline
I also dislike all forms of

I also dislike all forms of religion (organized or not) and superstition and irrational beliefs and ignorance and conspiracy theories and dogma and spirituality.  However, I view fundamentalism as the worst and most dangerous worldwide, especially Islam.  The Roman Catholic Church is also very dangerous.  But, the version that I am most often in contact with, and therefore causes me the most personal annoyance is fundamentalist and conservative Christianity.

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Here's another one

Does anyone else hate being told they will find god when they believe in him and stop trying to insist on their own arbitrary standards of evidence?

Bloody christians. Sometimes I can hardly wait for armageddon.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist

Atheistextremist wrote:

Does anyone else hate being told they will find god when they believe in him and stop trying to insist on their own arbitrary standards of evidence?

The only thing that impresses me at all about the bible is about the earth being bathed in fire. Well when the sun burns out that will likely happen. Good prediction, bad reasoning, unless you worship the sun as "god" that is.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
The religions that I hate

The religions that I hate the most are the ones that still exist.

Mahaco
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist

Atheistextremist wrote:

Oh, hell yes!  My dad is guilty of this one.  He frequently tells me that he's sure I'll eventually come back around and believe in God again (when he isn't telling me that I must never have been a Christian in the first place).

I don't think they have any true standards of evidence in the first place.  The only evidence they cite is the Bible.  It's disgusting, really.  Although, sometimes they will say crap like, "Look at how marvellous the world around us is!  That surely means there is a God!"   

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Mahaco

Mahaco wrote:

Atheistextremist wrote:

Oh, hell yes!  My dad is guilty of this one.  He frequently tells me that he's sure I'll eventually come back around and believe in God again (when he isn't telling me that I must never have been a Christian in the first place).

I don't think they have any true standards of evidence in the first place.  The only evidence they cite is the Bible.  It's disgusting, really.  Although, sometimes they will say crap like, "Look at how marvellous the world around us is!  That surely means there is a God!"   

Ask your dad about his oh-so-perfect prostate gland.  I'm sure by now he is getting up in the middle of the night to pee.  Some kind of an intelligent designer to put a flexible waste tube through a structure that expands with age.  If you are a guy, it is in your future.  Joy.

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Mahaco

Mahaco wrote:

Atheistextremist wrote:

Thats funny my dad tells me that. He actually made me think one time. He has an excellent arguement, but it can't be put into words here well but I will try even though I can't remember what we had been discussing exactly, and it related to it. I can only remember the last line he gave me.

He was talking about scientific "theories" and said "in the next 5 years the theories that are will no longer be valid, there will be new theories." Then he says that someday I will "get" it. Somehow what he said made a strange kind of sense, but then I gave it some thought and squashed that bug. The thought I have is the simple realization that we will never know everything, and we don't really even need to. He apparently does, so he believes in a god, it gives him all the answers and I suppose that is the biggest comfort for a religious nut.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
cj wrote:Mahaco

cj wrote:

Mahaco wrote:

Atheistextremist wrote:

Ask your dad about his oh-so-perfect prostate gland.  I'm sure by now he is getting up in the middle of the night to pee.  Some kind of an intelligent designer to put a flexible waste tube through a structure that expands with age.  If you are a guy, it is in your future.  Joy.

He could easily explain that as a problem of science, science has the ability to extend our lifespans but our body is not really meant to last this long. So, satan did it, or something. lol

I always try to consider a theists possible responses even the outrageous ones, before I make a claim. But sometimes you could make a claim purposefully to make them say something stupid like this of course, heh. I do that a lot and have even made a couple of threads dedicated to this endeavor.

faithnomore
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Holy war

The religions I dislike the most are Islam and Christianity.  America is predominantly Christian and has a belief in an end time war that is inevitable (biblically).  Islam has a similar belief - Jihad.  Unless I am getting my facts mixed up, that is 2 belief systems with a common belief - War.  To me, that is scary since we already have wars in several countries with Islam followers.  

I have heard before that I must never have been a Christian which use to irritate me.  However, I guess it is easier for me to understand now.  I realize that my disbelief happened only after studying the Bible and living it to the best of my ability.  I literally didn't make excuses to sin.  There were certain things that God was suppose to do in the life of a Believer which didn't happen for me.  I realized that God wasn't a liar but just didn't exist.  Anyways, I realize that those Christians -who tell me that I must not have ever been a Christian- won't ever stop sinning.  When one of God's promises don't happen for them, they will blame it on some sin in their life instead of realizing that he simply does not exist.  

You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep-seated need to believe. - Carl Sagan

Prayer has no place in the public schools, just like facts have no place in organized religion. - School Superintendent on "The Simpsons" episode #1

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:Thats funny my

robj101 wrote:

Thats funny my dad tells me that. He actually made me think one time. He has an excellent arguement, but it can't be put into words here well but I will try even though I can't remember what we had been discussing exactly, and it related to it. I can only remember the last line he gave me.

He was talking about scientific "theories" and said "in the next 5 years the theories that are will no longer be valid, there will be new theories." Then he says that someday I will "get" it. Somehow what he said made a strange kind of sense, but then I gave it some thought and squashed that bug. The thought I have is the simple realization that we will never know everything, and we don't really even need to. He apparently does, so he believes in a god, it gives him all the answers and I suppose that is the biggest comfort for a religious nut.

My son won a science award in high school.  The speaker said science is like building a skyscraper.  You add more and more floors building higher and higher.  At the same time, some old foundations are collapsing and new ones are being built.  Science is ever changing.

I think that is a good thing.  Everything the same all of the time, never changing----boring. 

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:cj wrote:Ask

robj101 wrote:

cj wrote:

He could easily explain that as a problem of science, science has the ability to extend our lifespans but our body is not really meant to last this long. So, satan did it, or something. lol

I always try to consider a theists possible responses even the outrageous ones, before I make a claim. But sometimes you could make a claim purposefully to make them say something stupid like this of course, heh. I do that a lot and have even made a couple of threads dedicated to this endeavor.

You could always go for birth defects.  Children with largely invisible ones like multiple sex chromosomes - xxxx, xxy, xyy, etc. -- at least invisible until they are older.  Or very visible ones like tails or total lack of a brain at birth.  (Pictures and discussions on available on line.)  I never understood why the punishment for original sin had to go for multiple generations or for babies and toddlers.  What kind of thug punishes babies?  And if you visited the sins of the fathers on their children, we all would be in jail as we all have relatives who were on the shady side of the law.

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Late answer.

Loathed is such a hardass word, I don't take religion seriously enough for such strong emotions, hatred and loathing could make me as pathetic has the true believers.  

The ones I dislike the most are of course the ones who show up on my door step,  Muslim fundies run a close second the rest I can just avoid without too much inconvinience. I'm getting too old and crotchity to put up with inconvinences.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
cj wrote:robj101 wrote:Thats

cj wrote:

robj101 wrote:

My son won a science award in high school.  The speaker said science is like building a skyscraper.  You add more and more floors building higher and higher.  At the same time, some old foundations are collapsing and new ones are being built.  Science is ever changing.

I think that is a good thing.  Everything the same all of the time, never changing----boring. 

1st place in a science fair when I was in the 5th grade. I did a thing on prism's and showed ppl how rainbows are really made. I believed in god at the time too, lol @ irony.

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I'm in brisbane with my christian family

Jeffrick wrote:

Loathed is such a hardass word, I don't take religion seriously enough for such strong emotions, hatred and loathing could make me as pathetic has the true believers.  

The ones I dislike the most are of course the ones who show up on my door step,  Muslim fundies run a close second the rest I can just avoid without too much inconvinience. I'm getting too old and crotchity to put up with inconvinences.

this week and the word 'loathed' makes perfect sense. I think my negative feelings about god-thing are far stronger than loathing.

Back-slidden preacher's kids. We're all the same.

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sorry to fall into the

Sorry to fall into the 'jerk' category again. However, my most loathed religion is currently Humanism.

Religion formed morality from society and now that society has embraced religion, humanism borrows it back without any examination of the constraints it has placed upon society's examination of ethics. Ask one... every one that I have spoken to asserts that they have the correct way that one should live their lives and you're doing something wrong. It's like a visit from the preacher at meet-ups with humanists in attendance.

I equate people who wallow in the label of humanism with the same propagandists that call 'anti-choice' people 'pro-life' primarily because the converse of the label must form as 'anti-life' ergo the reason they love the label.

Can one say they are 'anti-humanism'??? Of course not, and that is why they love the label. Ditto with 'bright' as the converse is 'anti-bright' (which in my opinion should have been the original label for THAT group.)

Soooo, every non-believing individual willing to absorb any label other than atheist, the purest form of an ideological category, earns contempt from me.

As for other religions... any espousal of beliefs within listening range is the given target at any given moment.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
darth_josh wrote:Sorry to

darth_josh wrote:

Sorry to fall into the 'jerk' category again. However, my most loathed religion is currently Humanism.

Religion formed morality from society and now that society has embraced religion, humanism borrows it back without any examination of the constraints it has placed upon society's examination of ethics. Ask one... every one that I have spoken to asserts that they have the correct way that one should live their lives and you're doing something wrong. It's like a visit from the preacher at meet-ups with humanists in attendance.

I equate people who wallow in the label of humanism with the same propagandists that call 'anti-choice' people 'pro-life' primarily because the converse of the label must form as 'anti-life' ergo the reason they love the label.

Can one say they are 'anti-humanism'??? Of course not, and that is why they love the label. Ditto with 'bright' as the converse is 'anti-bright' (which in my opinion should have been the original label for THAT group.)

Soooo, every non-believing individual willing to absorb any label other than atheist, the purest form of an ideological category, earns contempt from me.

As for other religions... any espousal of beliefs within listening range is the given target at any given moment.

What Humanists are you talking to?  I know quite a few and none of them would claim to know or practice the 'correct' way to do anything.

I don't consider myself a humanist, so I'm not defending myself here, I just don't think I've seen what you've seem.

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, it's good that we have

Well, it's good that we have had separate interactions with people of that 'ilk'. I'm glad you have a better track record.

I'm not going to taint your viewpoint by referencing anecdotal information.

One wonders if you have shared your signature with the humanists you know and what their reactions were?

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
darth_josh wrote:Well, it's

darth_josh wrote:

Well, it's good that we have had separate interactions with people of that 'ilk'. I'm glad you have a better track record.

One wonders if you have shared your signature with the humanists you know and what their reactions were?

Haha, that is a good point.  However, that is more of a generational issue than anything else.  The humanists I know are, for the most part, from the pre-internet generation and I doubt they would recognize the humor (Well, I think it is funny anyway).

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
mellestad wrote: darth_josh

mellestad wrote:

darth_josh wrote:

Haha, that is a good point.  However, that is more of a generational issue than anything else.  The humanists I know are, for the most part, from the pre-internet generation and I doubt they would recognize the humor (Well, I think it is funny anyway).

Yeah, my generation had no concept of weirdness.

Sterculius
Sterculius's picture
User is offlineOffline
Categories of

Categories of Hatred:

Religions that try to impose their beliefs on others:
Christianity, Islam

Religions that are violent:
Christianity (state sanctioned), Islam..

Religions that are hypocritical

All religions for the most part

Religions that are a scam which bilks saps for money or cultish
Sun Young Moon, Scientology, televangelists, snake oil salesmen, newagers , jon edwards the psychic,  etc...

In short, it's all bullshit.
I think I might hate Islam and Christianity most of all because they're the most likely to interfere with my freedom to live my life in the way I see fit.

"Lisa, if the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girls sports, such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing and such."
Homer Simpson

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
@cj:  I don't think that is

@cj:  I don't think that is black humor and weirdness, I think that is drugs.  

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
mellestad wrote:@cj:  I

mellestad wrote:

@cj:  I don't think that is black humor and weirdness, I think that is drugs.  

There's a difference?????