Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Adventfred wrote:also they

Adventfred wrote:

also they are the only animals besides us to recognize them selfs in a mirror 

geez god sure has planted alot of evidence for evolution

Like humans, the Pygmy Chimps have... really... interesting... sex lives.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Adventfred wrote:Ken G.

Adventfred wrote:

also they are the only animals besides us to recognize them selfs in a mirror 

geez god sure has planted alot of evidence for evolution

There are other animals that pass the mirror test. Dolphins, for example. I think Caledonian crows also pass it, but I could be wrong on that. Thems some smart fuckin birds.

Wonderist on Facebook — Support the idea of wonderism by 'liking' the Wonderism page — or join the open Wonderism group to take part in the discussion!

Gnu Atheism Facebook group — All gnu-friendly RRS members welcome (including Luminon!) — Try something gnu!

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ummm... actually...

natural wrote:

There are other animals that pass the mirror test. Dolphins, for example. I think Caledonian crows also pass it, but I could be wrong on that. Thems some smart fuckin birds.

I think the pyromaniacal Corvus Corax is at the top of the 'bird brains' totem pole... could be wrong myself, though!

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote: Pygmy Chimps have...really..interesting sex lives,

I thought they were Bononos Chimps that has really interesting sex lives ???

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
same, same

Ken G. wrote:

Pygmy chimp is the older name for the same critter.

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ken G. wrote:    I thought

Ken G. wrote:

Bonobos

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
cj wrote:Pygmy chimp is the

cj wrote:

I think he knows that, but I like toying with people's heads anyways (especially with regards to that bizarre and humorous concept of "Ape sexuality" )

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:cj wrote:Pygmy

Kapkao wrote:

cj wrote:

I think he knows that, but I like toying with people's heads anyways (especially with regards to that bizarre and humorous concept of "Ape sexuality" )

All sex is bizarre and humorous - people, snails, primates, bacteria.......

I know bacteria don't have sex, but they sometimes exchange nuclear material....whatever turns them on......

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

Adventfred
atheist
Adventfred's picture
User is offlineOffline
ha ha here's one for

ha ha here's one for ya

evolution favors beneficialness right

Whats so beneficial about theism today