jcgadfly wrote:

atomicdogg34 wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

atomicdogg34 wrote:

i dont find him particularly right wing on anything

what are right wing stances anyways?

abortion? he thinks the states should deal with it

marriage? he doesnt think the govt should be involved at all

economics? he def isnt right wing, hes a free market capitalist not a keynesian/corporatist

foreign policy? HA

drug war? wants to end it

the fact is, whatever label you want to give him, republican/constitutionalist/libertarian/etc, his votes follow exactly what he says, hes principles and honest, and to me is a breathe of fresh air

Then why is he voting with the republicans three-fourths of the time? Or do you believe the repubs are states rights people also?

He has principles but doesn't like to vote them?

can you name 1 time where he didnt vote on principle?

your saying he voted with the repubs 3/4 of the time, do you know what those votes were taken on?

sounds like an ad hominem to me

I never said he didn't vote on his principles - I just said that for at least 76% of the time (according to Jormungander) his votes sided with the republican corporatists.

So are his principles the same as republican corporatists or does he just go along to get along?

I iquestioned his principles and didn't insult him so it's no ad hominem.

you have no idea what those votes where on so i dont know where you get off saying something that ridiculous, if you could even come up with one concrete example of paul voting in such a way where he could be considered a corporatist it might help your argument

and if you knew anything about pauls economic philosophy youd know that even to infer such a thing (that hes a corporatist) is ridiculous

"go along to get along" LOL, paul has been the lone vote against pieces of legislation more than all other members of congress combined probably, the man isnt considered part of the establishment by anyone

Actually, I'd have to give a damn first. All I ask is that those who worship at Paul's feet take a look at the man. Look him in the eyes not up his cock.

and there we have it

next time dont even bother posting

Poor boy - did I disturb your worship service?

LOL

you- "ron paul has the same corporatist values as the repubs because he voted with them 3/4 of the time" (atleast that was the definite inference)

me- "can you point to 1 specific vote where he didnt vote his principles?"

you- "well no but....."

Damn, you almost told the truth.

You forgot Jormundgander's "Ron Paul votes with the Republicans 76% of the time" and another's mentioning that some of the principals of Fox News endorsing the man. I didn't come up with that on my own.

Learn to lie a little better and you might pass as a Christian.

You remind me of those idiots who called Obama a progressive and anointed him their savior. Next you'll probably canonize Bob Barr. Hell, he at least ran as a Libertarian. Paul can't say that yet, can he?

your real fucking thick arent you

so what if he voted with repubs 76% of the time, its what the votes are on that matters, and you cant point out a single vote that shows paul to be a corporatist or where he compromised his principles

im perplexed that some cant tell the difference

obfuscating at its best

edit: and who on fox news outside of judge napolitano endorses ron paul?  and even if the entire fox news crew endorsed him what would that prove? absolutely nothing, ad hominem anyone? fox news endorses him therefore hes bad/corporate/neocon/...?

Well, let me see, pissant.

How about voting for the status quo on health care because what he wants can't be implemented immediately?

Or voting against stem cell research?

Wanting to repeal the income tax because he doesn't want to pay for government? I see him not voting for raises but not taking a pay cut.

Voting against helping the economy in the only way that has worked since the depression?

Is cool about people getting beaten or killed because of race or sexual preference (voted against hate crimes legislation)? 

Wants to give tax breaks to Christian schools that public schools won't get?

Doesn't seem to give a shit about getting off of foreign energy sources or helping to keep what air we have left for breathing?

Need more pissant? Can I pull you away from Paul's waistline to respond?

As for Fox News's endorsement, it doesn't mean Paul is a corporatist but when the corporatists back him - it gives me pause.

healthcare bill = unconstitutional, period, and outside of that, it wont do shit to fix the healthcare problem, thats why he voted against it, and alot of what he does want could be implemented immediately

the federal govt has no say on stem cell research, paul has said the states could fund it

income tax = unconstitutional, plus there are myriad other ways in which the govt is funded, he wants to restore to govt to its proper constitutional role by cutting taxes AND spending

youd have to point out the exact piece of hate crimes legislation he voted against for me to make a proper comment, for the most part crime is taken care of at the state level, and from my POV hate crime legislation is basically a form of thought crime, its not enough to punish them for the crime itself (which they should) but also to punish them for their motivation for the crime

so?

paul wants the market to figure out which sources of energy we should be using, not politicians dictating what we should be using, which hasnt turned out all that well, he wants to legalize hemp, which is a possible source of alternative fuel, as for the environment, hes a fierce supporter of private property, the climate bills now wont do jack shit for the environment and are a corporations wet dream (even naomi klein, not some right wing corporatist by any stretch, doesnt like the idea of carbon credits or any of that)

and WHO on fox news, outside of judge napolitano (hardly a corporatist if you know anything about him) has endorsed him?

i doubt youve actually read anything hes written or listened to anything hes actually said, since your giving ridiculous accounts of his actual positions while ignoring the explanation for his position entirely

edit: http://content.usatoday.com/communities/onpolitics/post/2010/04/congress-voting-to-freeze-its-own-pay/1

Another supporter of the legislation, Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, thinks Congress should go even further. "Maybe we should be taking a pay cut," he said.

atomicdogg34
atheist
atomicdogg34's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao

Kapkao wrote:

*sniggers*

Again, someone doesn't like my opinion of their favorite political idol. So they flail their arms back and forth hoping to prove something that isn't even worth the time of day.

the thread is so stupid that youve taken the time to post in it several times, so yeah nice try but failure

i dont give a shit about your opinion of paul, whats at issue is the ridiculous idea that since i cant disprove it that its somehow a valid argument, its how you came to that conclusion more than the conclusion itself

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

atomicdogg34
atheist
atomicdogg34's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote: yet another

Kapkao wrote:

yet another post,