Atheists in the Koran

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheists in the Koran

These verses suggest there were rational people around back then who understood the muslim faith was bullshit.

17:89 And verily We have displayed for mankind in this Qur'an all kind of similitudes, but most of mankind refuse aught save disbelief.    
17:90 And they say: We will not put faith in thee till thou cause a spring to gush forth from the earth for us;    
17:91 Or thou have a garden of date-palms and grapes, and cause rivers to gush forth therein abundantly;    
17:92 Or thou cause the heaven to fall upon us piecemeal, as thou hast pretended, or bring Allah and the angels as a warrant;    
17:93 Or thou have a house of gold; or thou ascend up into heaven, and even then we will put no faith in thine ascension till thou bring down for us a book that we can read.

Surah 17

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Interesting.   I know that

Interesting.

I know that moslems have the idea that “people of the book” are supposed to be fine with them even if they are not into the whole muslim thing.

In light of that and your pull quote, I submit Michael Shermer's Why People Believe Weird things.

This book does not address religion (as far as I remember) but does deal with crap like holocaust denial, UFOs and the philosophy of Ayn Rand. I would assume that moslems would be all over that as a “book that can be read”.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=