What rap sounded like, before tha pop music business bought MOST of it out... (no longer safe for work o.O)

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
What rap sounded like, before tha pop music business bought MOST of it out... (no longer safe for work o.O)

In the days when men were men, and the women carried a 9mil at ALL times to keep punkass muthafuckas at bay...

(or rather, I should say before dat dead-stupid punk bitch 2pac fuct the music industry up permanently)

 

 

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
fuck mainstream music.

I disagree. There are a lot 2pac fans out there; some of them are quite rabid and loyal. I don't necessarily give a monkeyfuck. In fact, a person couldn't be pay me to give a rat's ass about 2pac and all his diehard fans (unless it's in 7 or 8 digits worth, naturally)

I don't give a shit if he faked his own death, either. His (stoned, hazy, bs) music makes me want to puncture my eardrums with the blunt edges of pecan crackers. And let's not forget:

He practically invented the wannabe n**ger (aka wigger), FFS! Y'know, white suburban teenaged idiots who do NOT have a first clue about life in general... then start pretend-speaking Ebonics and street-lang.

He isn't even a rapper in most of his work! Yeah, maybe he didn't play a direct part, so what? Cookie-cutter, "mellow" R & B music killed rap.

Ugh! Anyways... here's some rap that I dare say 'DOESN'T' suck!

The rap version of Office Space >:}

Nat Portman screams her lungs off!

Another Maxim Reality vid from his solo album

More Maxim...

Ice Cube again

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


Myeomans
Myeomans's picture
Posts: 12
Joined: 2010-04-28
User is offlineOffline
HA HA wow the hate is strong

HA HA wow the hate is strong in you. Obvously you dislike 2pac to put it lightly whcih of course is cool, but a couple of things you said I diagsagree with and a point I needed to make. Then I'll let ya keep on hateing

His music is not BS much of it has a very strong political message about the condition of the black community. for example

and

 

also not all of his music is laid back (stoned)

 

 

Also name 1 track were he is not a rapper please. He is the GOAT.

ok I'm done Hate on

 

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.


Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Sorry, I'm not one of the

Sorry, I'm not one of the haters, either. I just don't like his music. (Well... California Knows How to Party is pretty bad-ass... I'll give you that much.)

Also... I think Sapient is more of a GOAT, in this instance. Hes Saggitarius, anyways.

However, if you want a RAVEN, check out Bionic Jive. From Atlanta, GA... thus proving the South didn't kill rap completely.


I like black people, but I can't fucking stand white kids pretending to be black. #1 reason why High School sucked so bad for my generation. Just so everyone knows

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4234
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:I like black

Kapkao wrote:

I like black people, but I can't fucking stand white kids pretending to be black. #1 reason why High School sucked so bad for my generation. Just so everyone knows

yeah, that must've been the reason...

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:yeah, that

iwbiek wrote:

yeah, that must've been the reason...

................and?


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4234
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:iwbiek

Kapkao wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

yeah, that must've been the reason...

................and?

and yeah.


Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
Posts: 1565
Joined: 2007-01-18
User is offlineOffline
Here's my old school rap

Here's my old school rap pick.

 

Fuck the police btw.