Thieves

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thieves

Yes one broke into my house and stole my big tv which I used for a monitor. In the process they totally fux'd my computer up.

Now I'm learning the hard way to write down passwords and cd keys on paper.

I did save my nice powers supply and vid card at least but the harddrive and motherboard were both wasted.

I wonder if the guy that did it goes to church !  I assume it was one guy because he only got the big tv, left my checkbook, digital camera and medieval stuff etc which was all in plain sight.

As a side note, how the hell did no one in the neighborhood NOT notice a guy toting a 52" freakin tv out of my house in broad daylight!

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin

GodlessGabriel
atheist
GodlessGabriel's picture
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:Yes one broke

robj101 wrote:

Yes one broke into my house and stole my big tv which I used for a monitor. In the process they totally fux'd my computer up.

That really sucks, but at least he didn't beat you up with a stick and leave you half-dead in a pool of your own blood .

robj101 wrote:

I wonder if the guy that did it goes to church !

I bet he was praying before he robbed you and he heard Jesus tel him it's ok to do it.because after all he's acting in the name of God.

robj101 wrote:

As a side note, how the hell did no one in the neighborhood NOT notice a guy toting a 52" freakin tv out of my house in broad daylight!

They probably did and just didn't care. OOOOOOrr Maybe THEY SET IT UP!!!! 

Think about it.

"I don't believe in afterlife, although I am bringing a change of underwear."

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
May I suggest you track who

May I suggest you track who ever it was down and

neptewn
neptewn's picture
User is offlineOffline
I have only been involved in

I have only been involved in one incident of having my house broken into, and I was still a kid. It turned out to be my druggy uncles, and I lost my guitar as a result. Not because they took it, but because my mother broke it over one of their heads when we finally caught them.

Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer. - William S. Burroughs

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:I wonder if

robj101 wrote:

I wonder if the guy that did it goes to church !

That leaves the possibility open that he'll get his eyes pecked out by a raven... at least then he won't be stealing people's shit.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Strafio
Strafio's picture
User is offlineOffline
neptewn wrote:I have only

neptewn wrote:

I have only been involved in one incident of having my house broken into, and I was still a kid. It turned out to be my druggy uncles, and I lost my guitar as a result. Not because they took it, but because my mother broke it over one of their heads when we finally caught them.

LOL!!

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well I have an idea of "who

Well I have an idea of "who dun it" but the cops haven't done anything, my neighbor whom I never messed with because he seemed seedy, moved out the day I was robbed.

They sent 1 cop to check it out when I called in. He never left my living room. They are so worthless. I have had a couple of car stereo's stolen..you never see this stuff again. I think they are more interested in revenue for the city via traffic tickets.

I would expect if they were trying to do their job this cop would have walked around talking to neighbors...at least put out a little effort. He's getting paid through my taxes after all. Oh snap, he's getting paid with my taxes to give me a freakin traffic ticket. A few years ago this city made national news as the worst ticket trap city in the US.

/rant off

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin

Blake
atheistScience Freak
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:Well I have an

robj101 wrote:

Well I have an idea of "who dun it" but the cops haven't done anything, my neighbor whom I never messed with because he seemed seedy, moved out the day I was robbed.

It is common for neighbors to steal when they move away.  It was probably him, particularly if he has been able to see your screen, and had access/you were gone when he was leaving.

Police typically don't do anything about petty theft.  They'll usually only investigate this kind of theft if it's over, I think, 10k or sometimes 100k (there are different levels in different areas, and depending on how busy and under-budget they are).  Sometimes they'll also look into it if it looks like a chain of thefts committed by one person.

If you want something done about it, you need to hire a PI.  That will cost more than the TV (by quite a bit- you may end up spending 50-100k), but if it's a matter of principle, go for it.