Dare2Share.. oh Jesus Christ.. really?

Infidelis
Superfan
Infidelis's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dare2Share.. oh Jesus Christ.. really?

http://www.dare2share.org/thecause/adopt-your-school/

god damn people, you're in the United States of America. read the constitution and fuck off.

p.s. stop targeting kids to do your dirty work.

JonathanBC
User is offlineOffline
I'm ashamed to see that my

I'm ashamed to see that my old high school has been "adopted." If atheists did this, there would be rioting. Fox News would love it.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
my old high school hasn't

my old high school hasn't been adopted (yet), but the fucking MIDDLE SCHOOL has.  nothing like warping the minds of children aged 10-13.  fuckin' sickos.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
User is offlineOffline
If they didn't target kids...

...Their delusion would be right with Odin and Zeus in the mythology section where it belongs in a couple of generations.

It's sad, but one of the three elementary schools I went to is up there, as well as both my junior high and high school... sigh...

Chimp Facepalm

I'm really not surprised though, I had to deal with the Creanderthal Sheeple back when I went to those kiddie prison's, so them still being there doesn't surprise me. I was VERY vocal about the religious nutters when I went to those schools (as a lifelong non-believer), and they were very vocal about me.

I just wish theocratic asshats wouldn't use children as their foot soldiers. It's sick to use a child as a warrior for a cause when they are too young to make rational decisions for themselves about the subject. Don't deny children the ability to voice opinions which they have come to on their own from seeing evidence presented to them. We should just stop them from being used as a megaphone or a sword for their parents battles.

Armor of God

Child Soldiers

Notice any similarities? Both children are being trained to fight for a system that they have no hope of understanding and have no opinion on other then what they were told to. Both of these children are fighting the battles of their parents, and both should be allowed a childhood free from brainwashing. Both pictures show the failure of their parents and the adults around them to truly protect them.

But when have religious people NOT used their children to proselytize?

http://www.faithbaby.com/

I think the most telling thing about them and the larger movement they are a part of is the Holy Babble quote right at the top of their home page:

Bat Shit Crazy "Faithbaby.com" People wrote:
"We live by faith, not by sight." 2nd Corinthians 5:7

Wow... that statement is closer to reality then they think! Talk about the irony meter reading 100% and counting. I love that they don't see how stupid they sound when saying things like that. I just hate it that they "teach" children that that kind of mental vacuousness is somehow a virtue.

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
B166ER wrote: Notice any

B166ER wrote:

Armor of God

Child Soldiers

Notice any similarities? Both children are being trained to fight for a system that they have no hope of understanding and have no opinion on other then what they were told to. Both of these children are fighting the battles of their parents, and both should be allowed a childhood free from brainwashing. Both pictures show the failure of their parents and the adults around them to truly protect them.

yeah, but the kid on the right looks really fuckin' cool!!!

goddamn, i wish i'd had a rig like that when i was 10.  all those overgrown fuckin' redneck kids who used to give me shit would piss their pants!

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson