War is a racket

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
War is a racket

I was just watching this video and thought that someone here might like it too      www.brasschecktv.com/page/624.html

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Op's

I some how typed in the wrong link ,But if you click on " Did you mean" it will redirect.   

Signature ? How ?

v4ultingbassist
Science Freak
v4ultingbassist's picture
User is offlineOffline
just edit your OP to change

just edit your OP to change the 'n' in '.htnl' to an 'm.'

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
I agree... War *is* a

I agree... War *is* a racket.... But so is Global Warming...

(I know I am going to get an messagboard beating for this)

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
OK, I fixed your link for

OK, I fixed your link for you Ken.

In the future, just highlight the whole thing in your address bar and type <ctrl>x. Then go to your post and type <ctrl>v. No more errors ever.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Strafio
Strafio's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh... racket as crime

Oh... racket as crime syndicate.
I thought he was just complaining about how loud the guns and bombs were...

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene...wrote : fixed your link !

Thank's Brian,sorry I mean Gene.In the future I'll have to try that,as soon as I learn how to highlight and find out where my address bar is ? I wish I had the booklet of instructions that came with this computer. 

Signature ? How ?

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Strafio wrote: Racket as crime syndicate

Yes ! exactly,but this crime - War is so far beyond any other crime that counts as a racket,it destroys everything,kinda like religion.

Signature ? How ?

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Rich Woods wrote: but so is global warming .

Man,you've gotta tell me more about ,why global warming racketerring can be compared with War. 

Signature ? How ?

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ken G. wrote: Man,you've

Ken G. wrote:

Man,you've gotta tell me more about ,why global warming racketerring can be compared with War. 

In terms of "Crimes against Humanity"... it can't... I will concede that waging war for political leverage and to appease Conservative lobbyists is far more of an atrocity than exagerating, if not tampering with scientific data about our impending doom in order to gain political leverage and to appease Liberal lobbyists... 

But still... Acknowledging that the War profiteers are bigger douche bags than the Climate profiteers is like acknowledging that Moe was the smartest stooge... I hope that Dick Cheney and Al Gore both need life saving bone marrow transplants, and the only matching donor they can find is each other...

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Rich Woods wrote : Moe was the smartest stooge

Well - Moe was the sharpest tool in the shed. And thank you for explaining your opinion.And as far as Al Gore goes,I just watched " An Inconvenient Truth "and I must say that he has the Scientific Evidence backing up his work.

Signature ? How ?

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
OK, I just watched that

OK, I just watched that video. Very interesting, to say the least.

Normally, the brasscheck links are way over the top for me but that one simply did not go far enough in my book.

Sure, one can view the military industrial complex as a racket waiting for the next opportunity to rake in some huge cash. However, I prefer a rather broader definition of a racket. Basically, any time someone with the power to stir the shit up is in a position where the fix is in for them to come out on top, then you have the makings of a racket.

Allow me a moment of digression: What was it that he said WW1 cost? 50 billion dollars? And today everything costs about 500 times what it did back then. Geeze, by that standard, nobody should worry about the half trillion or so that we have poured through in the past eight years in the middle east. My “back of the envelope” math is coming out to over 25 trillion in today's money.

Anyway, back on topic.

To my mind, any time a war is started because someone has a fix on how they can come out on top, then it is a racket. While it is true today that profit is the common theme, what about a political gain? Or a religious gain? Social engineering? Basically, if there is a goal and that goal equates to more power for you and your friends, then there is a racket.

The Crusades? Well, they cemented the position of the church in Europe and helped to siphon off some excess aggressive male population. When they were done, passive farmers who gave the church a cut of personal profits was rather more common.

The American Revolution? Being from the USA, the other issues are important to me but it remains a fact that it was the biggest land grab since the reformation.

I could go on but you ought to get the idea.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Genr...wrote:Watched the video

Well I'm glad that you found it interesting and Smedley Butler was the perfect person to speak those words,after all ,he was one of the most decorated Marine.

Signature ? How ?

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think it's fair to say that in the course of my

Rich Woods wrote:

...far more of an atrocity than exagerating, if not tampering with scientific data about our impending doom in order to gain political leverage and to appease Liberal lobbyists... 

own life, over development and unplanned development have shattered ecosystems and ruined many unspoiled areas I once knew. If there's anything that shits me it's that skepticism over climate change has derailed the fundamental truth that we stupid, short-sighted human fuckers need to take care of the only planet we will ever have. If that's solar panels and pushbikes well, whatever it takes. We are going to run out of go juice anyway and relying on the arabs to supply it right up to the last squirt is unappealing to me.

I've read a fair bit on both sides of climate change and my conclusion is that ultimately it doesn't really matter. Even if the science is bad or blown out of proportion (and there is no conclusive proof of that) maybe a scare is what we need to change direction. We can't go on bleeding the earth dry forever. We will have to find a balance. It's important we look after at least some of our forests and oceans and rivers and furry little marsupials and golden bell frogs and whatever the fuck else because living in global rubbish dump with only cows, sheep and theists for company is going to seriously suck. 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Rich Woods wrote:I agree...

Rich Woods wrote:

I agree... War *is* a racket.... But so is Global Warming...

(I know I am going to get an messagboard beating for this)

I'm sure you'll get more of AN beating for misuse of "an"

B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fight War, Not Wars!

War is just the ruling classes using us "peons" to expand their profits. It's been that way since civilization started. As long as the working classes of different nations see their interests aligned with the richest and most powerful people in their country, and not those in the exact same boat as themselves across some border, asshat politicians and generals are going to keep exploiting that imagined national division. As Crass was quoted, "Fight War, Not Wars!" Or else we find ourselves in some nasty Nagasaki Nightmares!

Atheistextremist wrote:
  "because living in global rubbish dump with only cows, sheep and theists for company is going to seriously suck."

I SECOND THAT!

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!