Removing God

tatsie's picture
Posts: 13
Joined: 2006-11-04
User is offlineOffline
Removing God


This is something we're working on in New Zealand..


removing the irrelevant God.


please help..

Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5134
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline


Aren't the words: "God of nations at thy feet, in the bonds of love we meet, hear our voices we entreat" sufficiently nebulous to cover most the theistic possibilities of New Zealand's diverse flock?

I'd support the complete removal of any mention of the word god but what middle ground are you going to find from here that celebrates diverse theists? Gods of nations? Prime mover of nations?

The other problem you might run into is that while 40 per cent of kiwis are atheists or agnostics, the other 60 per cent are not and we all know how it works in a democracy. 

I like the NZ national anthem and I've always thought it was very inclusive and fluffy. No other country is meeting in the bonds of love. Hey Marquis, did you hear that? They celebrate bonds of love in NZ.



P.S. Be thankful you're not "girt by sea".



"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Marquis's picture
Posts: 776
Joined: 2009-12-23
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist wrote:Hey

Atheistextremist wrote:

Hey Marquis, did you hear that? They celebrate bonds of love in NZ.


What I know is that the fucking kiwis beat us to being the most pious nation last year.

"The idea of God is the sole wrong for which I cannot forgive mankind." (Alphonse Donatien De Sade)