100 Proof (Repost For Jonathan)

David Henson
Theist
David Henson's picture
User is offlineOffline
100 Proof (Repost For Jonathan)

I don't know if I'm doing this proper, but upon request this is a repost from the Kill them with kindness forum.

What is that expression that concludes that "proof" is for alcohol and . . . something else. To me, the interesting thing about "proving" the supernatural would be the effects of that perhaps being that it would no longer be supernatural. The implication, of course, being that if we can't understand it we must deny it. At one time whales and squid were thought of as "supernatural," not that that means much. 

From a strictly atheistic point of view I don't see how it could matter because most atheists  I have talked with believe in the possibility of there being other intelligent life forms in the universe. Angels? Oh, no! That isn't possible because the Bible says so. On the other hand at Galatians 5:20 Paul uses the Greek word pharmakia, from which comes our English word Pharmacy. It is most often translated as "spiritism" because drugs were, and still are in primitive societies, used as a means to access the spirit world. Of course - the sort of "proof" of which you speak is, under the influence, difficult to to document and confirm. Then again, can you "prove" that we evolved or can you assume that based upon our obviously poor observation that we did because other than the Bible there is no explanation? Can you prove the air you breathe is real or how much do we know about black holes? 

Its all a great deal more wishy washy than we like to think. The best you can do is study the Bible with eyes open and go from there.  

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
We all know you are obsessed

We all know you are obsessed with monkey sex.

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
User is offlineOffline
who isn't?

who isn't?

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
True.

True.

NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
User is offlineOffline
So where'd this guy go.  He

So where'd this guy go.  He comes here, spends a page explaining he doesn't understand evolution while denying it and then leaves, Im impressed!

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
He is warm and happy,

He is warm and happy, huddled up inside his own ass.

David Henson
Theist
David Henson's picture
User is offlineOffline
mellestad wrote:He is warm

mellestad wrote:

. . . and now I'm back. Very unhappy and smelly. Better watch out. Actually, I have a website to run so am a little pressed for time. I had given up on any possibility of serious debate here because you people are so obviously afraid to have a real discussion about the Bible.  

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
David Henson wrote:mellestad

David Henson wrote:

mellestad wrote:

. . . and now I'm back. Very unhappy and smelly. Better watch out. Actually, I have a website to run so am a little pressed for time. I had given up on any possibility of serious debate here because you people are so obviously afraid to have a real discussion about the Bible.  

Terrified.