People will never wake up, credulity rules, another Church shooting.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
People will never wake up, credulity rules, another Church shooting.

I just saw a video clip on the news. Fortunately no one died as a result. But another church shooting.

But this is a world wide cry with all religions when the "sacredness" of a holy place is violated. Muslims cry when a Mosque is shot at or bombed. Jews cry foul when a Synagogue is attacked.

A year or so ago some nutcase went into a Megga Church and shot and killed several people. And this time a black church in California, but like I said no one died, fortunately.

It's sad to me that  people cant connect that human behavior, is what is going on here. They cry that their holy places are sacred but yet their super heros don't bother to even protect the houses they build for him.

How much more blood and violence have to happen in the world before people wake up and realize that they worship a myth?

There is no "all loving" "all caring" being watching over humanity, by any name. It is not out of hate that I say this, but more like "WAKE UP PEOPLE", it is so obvious that these terrible things that happen are nothing more than the result of human behavior. A building is a building and does not have any magical powers to protect anyone.

Earthquakes, tsunamis, tornados and hurricanes have all destroyed "holy places". So why would the destructive behavior of humans be any less natural than the destruction in nature? It is not that humans want these things happening to them, it is merely that they do happen. Lots of bad things happen to humans and their is no magical man with a pitchfork causing any of this.

We should not be surprised that these things happen. I would suggest that if we don't want people FOR ANY REASON dying, we'd shed superstition and look for better building codes, and better criminal law in the REAL WORLD.

"Holy places" are nothing more than comic book clubs where people pretend their super heros are real.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:but like I

Brian37 wrote:

but like I said no one died, fortunately.

They cry that their holy places are sacred but yet their super heros don't bother to even protect the houses they build for him.

*cough* Gods will *cough*

Now if you'll excuse me, i need a shower... i feel all dirty >.>

What Would Kharn Do?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul

The Doomed Soul wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

but like I said no one died, fortunately.

They cry that their holy places are sacred but yet their super heros don't bother to even protect the houses they build for him.

*cough* Gods will *cough*

Now if you'll excuse me, i need a shower... i feel all dirty >.>

*cough* cough* BULLSHIT

It couldn't be something as mundane as humans doing stupid shit that hurts other people?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Churches, being much taller

Churches, being much taller buildings than most, are often hit by lightning. It's a shame the lightning rod was invented by an atheist.

I never referred to a church in the superhero manner, I think to myself something along the lines of "the house of fantasy". There is a church on my way to work I pass by it every day. They put a cute little saying on their sign every couple of weeks. This weeks saying: "Jesus wants to be your bff" I think they are trying to strike at the texting crowd?

I'm waiting for a nuclear holocaust, when all of mankind is all but swept away, only to creep back in the far future, and discover a new doctrine. Yes someone find's (insert random fantasy series here) and start's a new religion!

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin

kidvelvet
atheist
kidvelvet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:I just saw a

Brian37 wrote:

I just saw a video clip on the news. Fortunately no one died as a result. But another church shooting.

But this is a world wide cry with all religions when the "sacredness" of a holy place is violated. Muslims cry when a Mosque is shot at or bombed. Jews cry foul when a Synagogue is attacked.

A year or so ago some nutcase went into a Megga Church and shot and killed several people. And this time a black church in California, but like I said no one died, fortunately.

It's sad to me that  people cant connect that human behavior, is what is going on here. They cry that their holy places are sacred but yet their super heros don't bother to even protect the houses they build for him.

How much more blood and violence have to happen in the world before people wake up and realize that they worship a myth?

There is no "all loving" "all caring" being watching over humanity, by any name. It is not out of hate that I say this, but more like "WAKE UP PEOPLE", it is so obvious that these terrible things that happen are nothing more than the result of human behavior. A building is a building and does not have any magical powers to protect anyone.

Earthquakes, tsunamis, tornados and hurricanes have all destroyed "holy places". So why would the destructive behavior of humans be any less natural than the destruction in nature? It is not that humans want these things happening to them, it is merely that they do happen. Lots of bad things happen to humans and their is no magical man with a pitchfork causing any of this.

We should not be surprised that these things happen. I would suggest that if we don't want people FOR ANY REASON dying, we'd shed superstition and look for better building codes, and better criminal law in the REAL WORLD.

"Holy places" are nothing more than comic book clubs where people pretend their super heros are real.

What is sad is that the outcry happens because these are "holy places".  The real outcry is that this is happening anywhere at all.

Dolt:"Evolution is just a theory."
Me:"Yes, so is light and gravity. Pardon me while I flash this strobe while dropping a bowling ball on your head. This shouldn't bother you; after all, these are just theories."

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
kidvelvet wrote:Brian37

kidvelvet wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

What is sad is that the outcry happens because these are "holy places".  The real outcry is that this is happening anywhere at all.

Not to mention all the Texas church burnings recently.

Yea, I am quite sure there are tons more crimes where people burn down their own houses for insurance. And forget about public mass shootings. There are far more domestic (I HATE THAT WORD) "domestic", in combination with any crime, such as "domestic violence", or "domestic murder". WHAT THE FUCK? People use that word in reference to crime like training a fucking dog? So as long as any crime is "domestic" that makes it less of a crime? So as long as your dog bites someone else and not you?

As horrible as these Church burnings or shootings are, they make up a FRACTION of other crime that happens on a daily basis. Churches are not special. There is no magic in a building.

Far more people kill their family members, or other gang members, and the mundane murder that happens every day outnumbers events like this. Shootings happen every day all around the nation, why people think a church would be any more special is absurd.

Again, I am glad no one died, but when I hear "Why here, in God's house" I want to fucking puke?

WHY? Maybe because there is no magic man in the sky and some mere nutjob decided to be mean?